• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.

What is range on absorption/what kind is it? Same deal for Power Null, how good is it? And dream manip. A lot of this could be OP depending on utility.

As of right now, let's review.

Hunter:

+ Huge versatility in attacks

+ Resists/completely nulls electricity and fire manip

+ Power null means she potentially has no abilities to speak of

+ Something like a 4x AP gap advantage

Horakhty:

+ One Hit Kill lul

+ Invulnerability lul

+ Power Null lul

Moot Points:

- Depending on the brand of madness manip, doesn't come into play.

Verdict:

Need more info. I shall wait.

Basically, all Egyptian God Cards have a inherent divine rank. Rank 1 are Deities like Obelisk and Slifer, who have a rank of 1 and negate all abilities from anyone lower then them. Ra has a higher Rank of 2, which in turn negates their null and the rest of their abilities as well. Horakhty is the fusion of all three of them, so she's much higher.

So she has power null.

So they null each other. If it comes down to an AP fight Hunter wins.

I mean.....

It's capable of mulling nullification, and Horakhty's feat is really casual, but you're the voter.

Uh.

Yobo Elderseal blocks power null too dude. You actually chose an oddly good mix-up all things considered. But yeah. Elderseal blocks Elder Dragons from using their own Power Null stuff, if they have it.

For now mark me down as a Hunter vote. AP advantage and both nulling each other means in a fist fight Hunter takes down Yugioh.

I'd argue more, bu I don't want to ruin what's probably the only match I might get completed this year.

3 for hunter then

I mean

If you've got info I'm glad to hear it. And I'd also suggest posting this in Dargoo's voting bazaar. You'd have to vote on a few of the matches there but you could get your own stuff looked at, very useful for lesser appreciated verses.

Thing is, not only is Horakhty's feat super casual, but Zorc has much higher dura then his attack. A attack from Dragon Master Knight, who is superior to Blue Eyes White Drago as Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, that was so powerful it actually vaporized DMK didn't hurt Zorc too much despite his weakness being light. So they're about the same AP wise, as well as Horakhty having some level of invulnerability

Do we have a set value or is this unquantifiably superior?

Bad time to ask this, but does the anime even have divine ranks or was that manga exclusive?

Then my vote is still for Hunter. Sorry boyo. Without calcs we have to low-ball where possible. So yes, they are superior, but we can't say assuredly how much.

I.... don't recall. I'll have to look at that 3000+ post mess we called a CRT

They do have that standard god null tho

Mr. Bambu said:
Then my vote is still for Hunter. Sorry boyo. Without calcs we have to low-ball where possible. So yes, they are superior, but we can't say assuredly how much.
That's fair

Oh yeah, standard god null is a given against magic and traps.

Unless we take the card effects seriously, where Hokathy lacks it (Just kiddingish)

I dont think so, but its possible

Also "They cannot be destroyed by card effects of non-"God" Cards. However, it seems they can be removed from play (as Yugi removed from play "The Winged Dragon of Ra" with "Ragnarok"). Card effects that negate their effects last for as long as the card is face-up on the field. All other card effects used on them only affect them for the remainder of the turn they were activated."

Seems some of the rules for the anime Gods were forgotten, their PowerNull doesnt affect BFR or Power Null ironicaly enough, and other card edfects still affect them temporarily

Wut? Not sure how its relevant but i think he did come back to life near the end

Wasn't it agreed that Pegasus being alive or dead was the main difference between the two timelines?

Ye though R muddies the water, and of course, the manga and anime had different explations / story stuff why?

Well R is canon to the manga not the anime. The entire point of it was to bring Pegasus back from the dead.

Wait have you read R yet?

No. Wish I could.

I'll try and take a look at the Obelisk vs Ra fight later, but im 90% Ra used its null on Obelisk

K. I looked it up, and tho I still can't find a good example yet but Ra, and by extension Horakhty, is missing a few things

Here's the anime effect

This card cannot be Set. You must Tribute 3 monsters to Normal Summon this card. The Normal Summon of this card cannot be negated. If this card is Tribute Summoned, its original ATK and DEF become the total respective ATK and DEF of the Tributed monsters. This card cannot be targeted by, and is unaffected by, Spell/Trap effects and other Effect Monsters' effects. If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard: • It cannot be prevented from attacking under any conditions, and can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. If your opponent controls no monsters after this effect resolves, it can attack your opponent directly. • If Summoned in face-up Defense Position when a monster your opponent controls declares an attack, you can switch the attack target to this card. • It is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. The following effects may be activated at any time during the Duel: • Pay all but 1 of your Life Points to increase this card's ATK and DEF by the total Life Points you paid. • Tribute all other monsters you control to increase this card's ATK by the total ATK of the Tributed monsters. • Pay 1000 Life Points to destroy all monsters your opponent controls.

tbh I'd imagine it'd be kinda hard to really translate card effects into actual stats lol

Anyway siding with the Hunter via vastly superior AP, status inducement such as paralysis and sleep, as well as an actual method of healing should he take damage (thankfully, the power null doesn't stop Hunter from healing via potions and health booster).

GimmyJibbsJr said:
tbh I'd imagine it'd be kinda hard to really translate card effects into actual stats lol

Anyway siding with the Hunter via vastly superior AP, status inducement such as paralysis and sleep, as well as an actual method of healing should he take damage (thankfully, the power null doesn't stop Hunter from healing via potions and health booster).
We agreed on it, but I'd appreciate if you didn't talk about it unless necessary. Last time it was brought up, it resulted in the aforementioned 3000+ post revision, 2-3 bans, and a canonicity rule change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back