• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Not spite: Yhwach vs Leo Regulus

Think of it as what Boros did to Saitama but instead of the moon, the Underworld.

Pretty sure enlisting the aid of him would be counted as a smurfy ability no matter what, and I don't know if the whole "neutral verse" thing allows for it.

If Leo has a wincon then he basically wins because Pachi refuses to equalize speed for whatever reason. If he doesn't then he doesn't. As such the match will never be fair under any circumstances.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I mean his own source of power will still be lethal to him, unless he can alter it like Yoruichi dozens of times per second.
Asuming Regulus hadnt already analyzed the technique and adapted to it on the spot.

Wokistan said:
If Leo has a wincon then he basically wins because Pachi refuses to equalize speed for whatever reason. If he doesn't then he doesn't. As such the match will never be fair under any circumstances.
Go to "top 20 strongest non smurfs". This whole thing is because Yhwach is third in the speed equal department.

Can Leo come back from EE?
If you are talking about Zanka No Tachi. Regulus is Septillions of times faster than Yhwach, that thing is not a winning move. Not like Yhwach could erase his soul anyway.

If he's third in speed equal why is this match with it unequal?

He won't need to swing his sword, just use Almighty with the sword which will hit him. idk about any soul destruction since this is existence erasure.
How do I put it.

Yhwach is too slow to use The Almighty like that. You assume he can perceive Regulus, when he cant.

PaChi2 said:
How do I put it.

Yhwach is too slow to use The Almighty like that. You assume he can perecive Regulus, when he cant.
He would be able to perceive Regulus when Regulus stops moving. Correct me if I am wrong in my assumption, but is there any proof that Regulus is in a constant state of motion in which Yhwach would never be able to perceive him?

Is there any reason to believe that Regulus would never stop moving, even if his attacks have proven to be ineffective on Yhwach because of Yhwach's Resurrection?

That there would be no moment where Regulus would stop, look at what is happening, and try to access the situation to come up with a plan to kill Yhwach permanently?

If not and Regulus would stop, then Yhwach could use the Almighty + Yamaji's Bankai. If so, then this fight is inconclusive for them being unable to kill each other.

Septillions of times faster. He'd have to stay absolutely immobile for faaaaaaar too long from his own perspective. Its not realistic to assume that.

And to be honest, by the time Yhwach revives the guy would have forfeited due to boredom. He is like 15 years old.

Also, Lion's eyes. Its in his profile.

PaChi2 said:
Septillions of times faster. He'd have to stay absolutely immobile for faaaaaaar too long from his own perspective. Its not realistic to assume that.
And to be honest, by the time Yhwach revives the guy would have forfeited due to boredom. He is like 15 years old.

Also, Lion's eyes. Its in his profile.
It's very realistic to assume that. It's not realistic to assume that Regulus would constantly be moving and thus constantly have his reactions working at such an intense speed.

IIRC, it is assumed that a fast character's perception speed either increases or decreases depending on the speed that character is moving at, unless specifically stated in the narrative.

The Flash or Superman are excellent examples of something like this. They walk around like normal and talk to normal human beings, yet are able to travel at quintillions of times faster than light when they have to.

The Flash can bltiz a character by quintillions of times, yet that doesn't stop him from slowing back down to his normal human level of perception to throw out a quip or something and then run away.

I'm pretty sure if Regulus speedblitzed Yhwach, he would either be on his merry way instantly and self-BFR, or he would slow himself down to a stop to look back at his kill - and then see Yhwach become black sludge and revive himself.

What does Lion's Eye have to do with anything?

"IIRC, it is assumed that a fast character's perception speed either increases or decreases depending on the speed that character is moving at, unless specifically stated in the narrative."

That's PIS. And in Saint Seiya its pretty clear. Gold Saints state that Bronze Saints moving at the speed of sound look still to them (at that point they are only stated to be LS). And they can still have conversations mid fight.

Lion's Eye: By observing a technique of an opponent a single time, Regulus is capable of fully analyzing and comprehending the mechanics of it's every step, making him completely adaptable to said technique and capable of perfectly recreating it in it's full power

Assuming Yhwach starts with everything "on", Regulus has plenty of stuff to analyze.

PaChi2 said:
"IIRC, it is assumed that a fast character's perception speed either increases or decreases depending on the speed that character is moving at, unless specifically stated in the narrative."
That's PIS. And in Saint Seiya its pretty clear. Gold Saints state that Bronze Saints moving at the speed of sound look still to them (at that point they are only stated to be LS). And they can still have conversations mid fight.
So these characters are always talking and moving at MFTL+ speeds even when doing mundane things like having a conversation over dinner.

They never slow down?

And is there proof that when they said that the Bronze Saints look still to them that they mean at all times, or just in a fight?

Like are the Bronze Saints and the Gold Saints incapable of having a conversation because of the speed difference between them making it impossible?

Cause honestly I find that ridiculous. Most fast characters that I've seen accelerate their perceptions and velocity so that they can move faster but still are able to slow themselves down to interact with normal people when needed.

"So these characters are always talking and moving at MFTL+ speeds even when doing mundane things like having a conversation over dinner."

"Cause honestly I find that ridiculous. Most fast characters that I've seen accelerate their perceptions and velocity so that they can move faster but still are able to slow themselves down to interact with normal people when needed."

Smol question, ever read/watched JoJo?

PaChi2 said:
"So these characters are always talking and moving at MFTL+ speeds even when doing mundane things like having a conversation over dinner."
"Cause honestly I find that ridiculous. Most fast characters that I've seen accelerate their perceptions and velocity so that they can move faster but still are able to slow themselves down to interact with normal people when needed."

Smol question, ever read/watched JoJo?
My friend forced me to watch the first couple of episodes - I hated it, especially the art style.

But anyway, yeah, all fast characters that I have ever seen slow down their perception when they move faster.

Here's an example with the CW Flash show for example.

I wish I could link you "Seiya vs Aldebaran", but I cant find it in english. Jeez its only in spanish in youtube.

What are we looking at here? the saint seiya verse is in need of a massive revision which is actually happening, but at a slow rate.

Does Leo Regulus have the 8th sense? I don't neccesaryily remember, its been a while since i read lost canvas. I made a thread once about how the 8th sense grats its users low godly regen, and the Lost canvas golds saints have a type of reliant immortality with their Gold Cloths.

Also, passive soul destruction by virture of Cosmo. I could provide scans if needed, but what exactly is giving Ywach hope?

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
What are we looking at here? the saint seiya verse is in need of a massive revision which is actually happening, but at a slow rate.
Does Leo Regulus have the 8th sense? I don't neccesaryily remember, its been a while since i read lost canvas. I made a thread once about how the 8th sense grats its users low godly regen, and the Lost canvas golds saints have a type of reliant immortality with their Gold Cloths.

Also, passive soul destruction by virture of Cosmo. I could provide scans if needed, but what exactly is giving Ywach hope?
Soul manipulation resistance and the ability to destroy souls completely for one.

Soul destruction, and non-corporal destruction is something casual in the SS-verse. [ https://imgur.com/a/HigpwyC ] Low tier bronze saints were capable of doing it.

And 8th sense users have Low Godly regen, and their cloths can house their souls, and protect it. [1]

Paul Frank said:
Not sure why Yama's bankai is considered EE
It just condenses the heat onto the tip to cut through anything burning it away without a trace. The only person it was used on wasn't EE'd either
Well for starters his Bankai doesn't burn things. Also disappear without a trace means you no longer exist. The part he touched was erased.

If you threw a human into the sun they would disappear without a trace

That isn't existence erasure though

Wokistan said:
He prob shouldn't be listed as 3rd in speed unequal on that list but this thread still just doesn't work in any way
I agree, I do not know why he is in the top 3, but I can not understand why PaChi made this fight if Yhwach has no chance of winning.

Resistance to Existence erasure can be scaled to the current gold saints in G/A by Shun, Hyoga, Shiryu, Ikki, and Seiya. Zeus has passive existence erasure when powering up, and they were able to resist it without their cloths being needed.

Back