• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Normal Human Durability Questions

GreyFang82

He/Him
So i've had a few question going through my mind... Now I know this is a very difficult and tiring topic to talk about, but it is something I want to know people's thoughts on.

Shouldn't Normal Humans have 9-C durability? Here me out.

The average person can move 5 m/s and the average weight of a human male is just shy of 200 lb. Doing a quick KE calc and that is around 1000 joules which is clearly street level. People can tackle and run into others with this energy and not get one shot or instantly knocked out, but it clearly hurts them.

Now I know it has to do with where a human is hit, but shouldn't the body's durability be scaled to what if something hit the entire body, and the list weak points and weaknesses such as the head, heart, liver, piecing wepons, etc. that take far less energy and puts a human down?

I would like to know what this wiki's stance on that is. If this has been talked about before or if this because of it being a real life vs fiction thing, then I'm sorry.

A good tackle on someone not bracing for it at all can KO. The pelvis/hips area where most of the force'll end up being directed isn't the brain or anything either.

Bones are already 9-C as is. Durability is a lot more complicated IRL than a simple rating can really indicate, unfortunately. IRL you could kill someone stronger than you in one blow with like a brick or something if you hut the right spot, but that's not really conducive to our system. This is similar, but with durability. Just remember that 10-B durability assumes no bracing, no reaction, no blocking, just a straight shot there.

It is important to note that people in car crashes are not tanking all the force generated at impact, and what they do tank is dispersed over an area. Even then, car crashes are still really deadly and people are seriously injured by these things. The skeletal system itself is tier 9.

Wokistan said:
It is important to note that people in car crashes are not tanking all the force generated at impact, and what they do tank is dispersed over an area. Even then, car crashes are still really deadly and people are seriously injured by these things. The skeletal system itself is tier 9.
Fair enough, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions

No problem.

Back