• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nora Valkyrie vs Laxus Dreyar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nora may be faster but Laxus is far more durable. So I say Laxus. They can take each others attacks anyways. Maybe a Stalemate, but I lean more to Laxus.

LordLuminous said:
Nora may be faster but Laxus is far more durable. So I say Laxus. They can take each others attacks anyways. Maybe a Stalemate, but I lean more to Laxus.
Umm Nora's immune to electric based attacks and she gets stronger when hit by them

Umm Nora's immune to electric based attacks and she gets stronger when hit by them

But Laxus can eat lightning and get stronger too. So that evens them out.

Aw dang it, i forgot about the whole thing with Dragon Mages on Fairy Tail. Well there is that too.

LordLuminous said:
But Laxus can eat lightning and get stronger too. So that evens them out.
Nora doesn't actually use lightning, the lightning she absorbed upgrades her physical strength. So Laxus won't really absorb anything from her

Umm Nora's immune to electric based attacks and she gets stronger when hit by them But Laxus can eat lightning and get stronger too. So that evens them out.
Nora doesn't actually use lightning, the lightning she absorbed upgrades her physical strength. So Laxus won't really absorb anything from her

Dr. Oobleck specifically said that she can produce and channel electrically energy. She's going to need it to get through Laxus' durability which is already impossible to begin with.

LordLuminous said:
But Laxus can eat lightning and get stronger too. So that evens them out.Nora doesn't actually use lightning, the lightning she absorbed upgrades her physical strength. So Laxus won't really absorb anything from her Dr. Oobleck specifically said that she can produce and channel electrically energy. She's going to need it to get through Laxus' durability which is already impossible to begin with.
Yes, but remember the characters are in character. Read this part "She mainly uses her semblance to channel the energy through her muscles, giving her enhanced strength." She barely use it to produce electric which would seem out of character

But Laxus' durability is City Level while Nora's Attacking Potency is only Multi City Block+. There isn't enough evidence to prove Nora will actually ascend to a higher tier because she absorbed electricity. She can hit him but Laxus can take them.

Not only that, even if we go with the assumption that she won't use electricity, Laxus is smart enough to figure out that if electricity doesn't work once, so he would switch to hand-to-hand combat. Which again, makes Laxus alot stronger than Nora.

Nora can produce electricity, just because she hasn't done it doesn't mean she can't do it. Besides, Nora's strikes aren't strong enough to take Laxus down. She'll likely need them.

I just noticed that Laxus has like three keys on his profile. 1st one is Pre-timeskip(7-C), 2nd and 3rd are the ones that he is rated at City level(well Low 7-B and 7-B, respectively).

So would putting Pre-Timeskip Laxus against Nora would make this fight fairer or does it not make difference at all?

Nora has a way better chance of beating Laxus there. But I'd still say high-diff for Nora's win. Although, there was no specification on which version. If you want to make it that, then that's fine too.

LordLuminous said:
But Laxus' durability is City Level while Nora's Attacking Potency is only Multi City Block+. There isn't enough evidence to prove Nora will actually ascend to a higher tier because she absorbed electricity. She can hit him but Laxus can take them.
Not only that, even if we go with the assumption that she won't use electricity, Laxus is smart enough to figure out that if electricity doesn't work once, so he would switch to hand-to-hand combat. Which again, makes Laxus alot stronger than Nora.

Nora can produce electricity, just because she hasn't done it doesn't mean she can't do it. Besides, Nora's strikes aren't strong enough to take Laxus down. She'll likely need them.
Bruh, Nora doesn't have any powers other than the immune to electrictly thing, which means her MCB+ rating right now is pure raw phsycial power. Hand to hand combat Laxus stands no chance. And also her gun can hit people with High Hypersonic reactions

LordLuminous said:
Nora has a way better chance of beating Laxus there. But I'd still say high-diff for Nora's win. Although, there was no specification on which version. If you want to make it that, then that's fine too.
Problem is that i'm not sure which version Bluedash was going for here, so i'll leave it at that. I do think that Nora would against Pre-Timeskip(7-C), possibly even Post-Timeskip Laxus. Second post-timeskip Laxus is what i'm really iffy about.

CrossverseCrisis said:
LordLuminous said:
Problem is that i'm not sure which version Bluedash was going for here, so i'll leave it at that. I do think that Nora would against Pre-Timeskip(7-C), possibly even Post-Timeskip Laxus. Second post-timeskip Laxus is what i'm really iffy about.
Post Second Timeskip, I'll edit the thread

Thebluedash said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
LordLuminous said:
Post Second Timeskip, I'll edit the thread
Okay.

OK, how about we do it in rounds? Round 1: Pre-timeskip

Round 2: Post-timeskip

Round 3: Post Second Timeskip

Bruh, Nora doesn't have any powers other than the immune to electrictly thing, which means her MCB+ rating right now is pure raw phsycial power. Hand to hand combat Laxus stands no chance. And also her gun can hit people with High Hypersonic reactions

If we go on the assumption that this is current Laxus fighting Nora, then Laxus' Class TJ+ has the power to dish out between MCB or Large Town Level, since we have "+" that means it's beyond MCB+. Which means, Laxus does have a chance, and a good one at that.

(I know you said this before, but I forgot to add it) Besides, you directly quoted the RWBY wiki, which isn't wrong, but exactly how much did they put down from Oobleck's actual quote. It's not out of character if she it says she can produce electrical energy, even though she has only used it for enhanced strength up to now.

Personally, saying she mainly uses it for just enhanced strength in my opinion sounds a bit like speculation. But that's just me...

Well I guess I should list my opinion

Round 1: Nora - Mid diff

Round 2: Nora - Mid-high diff

Round 3: Laxus - Mid-High diff

Pretty much what Blue said. I can see Nora beating pre timeskip and post 1st timeskip (though the latter with some difficulty), but post 2nd timeskip Laxus probably wins.

I know Nora can absorb Lightning, but what about the posiiblity that Laxus is able to overload her Semblance? Could that be a possibility?

Even if Nora absorbs his lightning, he isn't stupid. He could simply resort to his physical abilities (which should be superior to Natsu's or at least equal) and only use the lightning as a speed booster. Laxus should win against Nora. He is not stupid enough to keep electricuting her after realizing that she can turn it against him.

Laxus should win with high difficulty simply because he would be at a disadvantage without using his lightning strikes. Fairy Law is also on the table, but I doubt he would even think of using it... and I kind of think that the creater said "**** it" and got rid of it by the first time skip since it was too hax.

Are you guys CRAZY?

Laxus has striking strength that is far above Nora.

Has she ever absorbed lightning above town level? No. Saying that she can absorb his lightning is an NLF easily.

Laxus' speed disadvantage wont be very large when he can perform a town level lightning AOE attack. Nora get's stomped all 3 rounds.

LankersSMH said:
Are you guys CRAZY?
Laxus has striking strength that is far above Nora.

Has she ever absorbed lightning above town level? No. Saying that she can absorb his lightning is an NLF easily.

Laxus' speed disadvantage wont be very large when he can perform a town level lightning AOE attack. Nora get's stomped all 3 rounds.
With her level of electricity intake being unknown, it should be safe to say that Laxus would only be increasing her power his his lightning. He should win though once he realizes that his lightning is quite ineffective.

Nora because pretty much all of Laxus' attacks are lightning based while Nora's completely immune to that, Nora also has other avenues of attack (I don't think Nora actually hits anyone with lightning, it's mostly the hammer and rockets).

I know that this thread was created before the RWBY downgrade, but please don't assume total lightning immunity. That's just plain NLF.

Anyways, this is now a mismatch. Mods should delete/close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back