• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

nonduality doesn't do anything now?

now that this thread is accepted, a lot of characters with nonduality loses their immunity to abilities if they don't have statements that talk about immunity

doesn't this make nonduality a useless thing to have for characters who don't have immunity statements in terms of vs matches? there are a lot of characters who have nonduality but no statements about them being immunity to abilities because of their nonduality

It makes you immune from what you still lack, but according to the verse this immunity is limited. For example, a concept transfer or something like that, shown in another verse, can neutralize the ND. Of course, it also matters which type it is

It makes you immune from what you still lack
but the OP made it so that you need immunity statements

take Lucifer for example
"Nonduality (Type 1; Michael describes Yahweh's "plan" as containing life and death, a duality.[7] while The void outside of creation is described as being outside of this "plan"[1]and Lucifer specifically also being shown to escape his function in said plan[1])"

Lucifer doesn't have statements of him being immune to life and death as a result of his nonduality so now his nonduality is useless because of that thread

but the OP made it so that you need immunity statements

take Lucifer for example
"Nonduality (Type 1; Michael describes Yahweh's "plan" as containing life and death, a duality.[7] while The void outside of creation is described as being outside of this "plan"[1]and Lucifer specifically also being shown to escape his function in said plan[1])"

Lucifer doesn't have statements of him being immune to life and death as a result of his nonduality so now his nonduality is useless because of that thread
There is no need for a direct expression of immunity, but this immunity may vary according to the verse. For example, he is immune to someone attacking him directly with the concept of death, but someone who can create the concept of death and transfer it will no longer deprive him of it and this ND will now be trash

There is no need for a direct expression of immunity,
but this is what DT said in his thread
"So yeah, my proposal is to change things from nondual characters being immune to all things they are nondual to, to nondual characters being immune to things their verse clarifies they are immune to due to their nonduality."

you need a statement that clarifies immunity now
nonduality is the most useless thing ever now 😭

but this is what DT said in his thread
"So yeah, my proposal is to change things from nondual characters being immune to all things they are nondual to, to nondual characters being immune to things their verse clarifies they are immune to due to their nonduality."

you need a statement that clarifies immunity now
nonduality is the most useless thing ever now 😭
This is basically something like "not being affected by that duality/dualities". If you lack duality, and at the same time there is a statement or feat that you are not affected and independet by it, then you have immunity. And some current NDs have these requirements, at least GoW did.

At least I think that's what DT meant, because nobody should give you an ND just because you existed before a duality or you are independent of it, you should at least have the feat that you are not affected by being lack. I'm surprised it's something new, wasn't it always like this?

Actually, non-duality is powerful if feat is shown with type 2, but it can still become trash according to what is found in the verses
I doubt it can still be counted as Non Duality when u are already legit Type 2 not in statements but with feats, like once you are Type 2 it makes no sense that the character is not transcendent of their dualities at that point, but the wiki might think otherwise so I won't comment on that.

tbh, nothing is completely immune unless you have that NEP aspect, don't need it to survive, don't have to be forced (like acausality)..etc. The rest of the immunity claims in my opinion come down to resistance @Stanobreak

Back