• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Non-Technological Supergeniuses?

ArachDusa

She/Her
This is a simple question. According to the Wiki's page on intelligence:
Take note that for a Supergenius rating to be given based on technological prowess, the character in question should be able to essentially warp reality as they wish on an at least universal scale with their inventions, or even use them to overpower tier 1 entities for higher cases.
Does that mean a character can be considered a supergenius based on something other than technological prowess? Are there any examples of such characters on the Wiki?

Well, it is extremely difficult to get such a rating without being a technological genius; as I'm not sure how much martial arts knowledge and/or a bunch of other abilities that are not meant to be mixed with "Pure intellect" can really be measured properly. Using magic to form weapons with that power isn't really an intelligence feat but an AP feat for their magic. Same with using "Precision strikes that split atoms and sub-atomic particles with their punches or sword strikes" is not something we can index intelligence for as opposed to calling that matter manipulation.

Well, it is extremely difficult to get such a rating without being a technological genius; as I'm not sure how much martial arts knowledge and/or a bunch of other abilities that are not meant to be mixed with "Pure intellect" can really be measured properly. Using magic to form weapons with that power isn't really an intelligence feat but an AP feat for their magic. Same with using "Precision strikes that split atoms and sub-atomic particles with their punches or sword strikes" is not something we can index intelligence for as opposed to calling that matter manipulation.
I take you don't know of any examples of a specific character on the Wiki who has this listing, then? I figured that there probably isn't a defined criteria for how to qualify as a non-technological supergenius, which is why I asked if there are any examples of an actual character that qualifies and the reason they do.

Supergenius is exclusively sci-fi and meant to be technological.

Extraordinary certainly exists outside of sci-fi, but the supergenius tiering and explanation only really works with technology based intelligence, so it's not really possible to gain it outside of technology.

If we're being honest; there are martial artists and magic users who would qualify for Supergenius if it was just about defying the physics and reality of your world with pure intelligence, and not so intrinsically tied to technology.

Supergenius is exclusively sci-fi and meant to be technological.

Extraordinary certainly exists outside of sci-fi, but the supergenius tiering and explanation only really works with technology based intelligence, so it's not really possible to gain it outside of technology.

If we're being honest; there are martial artists and magic users who would qualify for Supergenius if it was just about defying the physics and reality of your world with pure intelligence, and not so intrinsically tied to technology.
This, though non scientific extraordinary genius are most of the cases wank than anything else but I think there are certainly some profiles in the wiki with the rating based on purely martial/combat prowess.

And while in verse someone could be considered supergenius from martial or magical skill, for the purpose of the wiki such a rating is really just based on scientific feats since there at least exist some basis to judge them and analyze.

Last edited:
Back