• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Noctis Lucis Caelum vs Bahamut

King of Light Noctis vs FF III Bahumut

Speed Equalized

Scenario: Noctis is on his way to Lestrallum to meet with Cid but notices Bahumut in the wastelands of Leide, but was somehow.....different Bahamut, interested in the Lucian King, attacks. Noctis prepares himself against this strange version of the Astral.

King of Light: 6

The Dragon King: 6

Inconclusive: 0

Three out of those four things' range is irrelevant and wont hit a flying bahamut.

Bahamut only needs to fly high (out of noctis' range) and nuke.

Lemme develope:

Life and death hax requires time (it even takes seconds to drain a fodder's life away) and has a very limited range (no more than ten metres more or less). So draining Bahamut is not an option.

BFR needs charge time, which noctis won't have since bahamut can unleash something close to danmaku almost instantly.

TimeStop... SERIOUSLY, WHEN DID NOCTIS DO THIS?

Extended melee range with various weapons, hundreds of meters with magic and firearms, several kilometers with warping and Armiger Arsenal

Use this range.

The King of Light planetary feat is not combat applicable.

Bumping this because I asked The Everlasting where the timestop came from and he told me it was from the Stop-imbued weapons he can equip. I edited the profile accordingly. No universal timestop, no ranged timestop.

So... yeah, Noctis lacks the range to actually hit Bshamut before he nukes.

Actually, maybe Noctis could just fight him using flight, and could probably survive an attack from this Bahamut, considering his stats here. Yeah, Noctis takes it via Teleportation, Flight, and ******* it up like he did with Leviathan. Doesn't need his hax to do it.

Amexim said:
Actually, maybe Noctis could just fight him using flight, and could probably survive an attack from this Bahamut, considering his stats here. Yeah, Noctis takes it via Teleportation, Flight, and ******* it up like he did with Leviathan. Doesn't need his hax to do it.
Did you see the picture I posted in my first comment? That's what an actual High 6-A megaflare looks like. Noctis aint dodging that, but I can see your point. And bahamut can leave Noctis' range. Also keep in mind that Arminger wont hold out forever, if bahamut lasts enough his Arminger will wear off (Ardyn fight).

Megaboy Prime said:
I mean, i do see him winning due to intelligence alone.
intelligence:

A man in his... late twenties? vs a dragon that's usually portrayed as ancient. Of course Noctis has faced foes of similar age (Leviathan and stuff), but saying intelligence alone is enough to defeat bahamut (who is sentient) is not an arguement.

The thing is, no reason to assume that Noct will have to fight that hard. You do know all he has to do is Teleport on to his back, stab it, hold on tight, and cast his BFR, which doesn't work on himself btw.

This is just one of the many ways. Don't know how smart Bahamut is in Final Fantasy 3, but it's not like it would matter. And sure, it ran out against Ardyn, but he also used it for an argument longer period of time against Leviathan. I don't think the time limit can be brought up as an issue when it's been inconsistent. Best let it stick with his stamina in general, IMO.

As for the large explosion, that doesn't matter if he can survive it. They are in the same tier-- and I don't know how big the gap is. But there's the Wall, teleportation, phasing, several counters to it.

This bahamut is barely 5 metres or so.

Oh; and holding to bahamut is a bad idea unless he literally wants to end in the upper layers of the atmosphere and die from oxygen loss.

Against leviathan he was being boosted by Luna iirc. Against Ardyn its his own power. And Nah, if one megaflare goes through Noctis will be sent out of range. And while bahamut's range is planetary he can spam attacks before Noctis can reach him.

Bahamut doesn't have "can breathe in space" or something on the profile we're talking about. If this was Crisis Core, I would agree with you, but you will need to CRT and after that's all said and done, show him being in a vacuum for an extended period of time I guess?

Lunafreya giving Noctis a boost shouldn't be equal to adult Noctis having absorbed the power of the crystal for 10 years, so, again, not relevant or reliable.

And Megaflare energy blasts aren't going to hit someone who can teleport out of the way, phase through, create barriers and wield shields and such that allow him to get close. King of Light could play the same game with his planetary range as well, and their speeds are close, so there's no reason why Noctis wouldn't be able to get close to Bahamut if he's staying still as he fires blasts.

King of Light doesnt have planetary fighting range.

I thought the can breathe in space applied to all bahamuts because crisis core and FF IV exist. My bad.

Yeah, you're right about that. That should be specified on the page explicitly too.

But, Noctis does have Kilometers of range with his blasts, and he could Warp to close the distance as well. And don't think Bahamut is going to maintain a distance that large.

Well, at least for CC bahamut its very in character to fly away to fire Giga/Exa/Teraflare. I dont know if that applies to this bahamut tbh.

Noctis has the same Bahamut speed here and can fly alongside his enemy and use the Warp to keep combat distance, so there's no getting away from it

Honestly, the fight would be balanced until Noctis uses the Alterna (BFR), Death (Life Hax), after that, he would win

I keep voting for him

@Dante Demon Killah

Pachi expained very well why these abilities are useless,i dont really understand why you ignore this.

I did not ignore it, I just did not agree

Bahamut will not get out of reach of Noctis being that both fly, both have the same speed and Noctis still has the Warp to help him, if my opinion does not please you is not my problem

"Superior to Medusa, who attempted to bring down the Floating Continent"

That's all

Older Noctis scales to Ifrit, who can "turn the world to ashes", and here it's King of Light Noctis, he is far superior to the Astrals, so he's >>>>>>>>>> 1 Exaton

It seems he have advantage in AP, and this fight was before some Upgrades for Noctis, now with Arminger Unleashed he can Warp at will

So my vote still for Noctis

Back