• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nicol Bolas Vs Cronus (Saint Seiya)

Seems to be based on people attacking Bolas' mind, is it in-character for Cronus to try that as an opener?

According to Azzy in the same comment.

As for what he leads with, against a foe that he actually deems a threat, and often even ones he doesn't, it's just whatever is going to be most effective.

So most likely no, the mind manip doesn't spell out a win for Nicol Bolas.

Another comment from the same thread

There was that he fought his first other planeswalker, an extremely powerful leviathan entity, and the two had a very long and drawn out battle, proving evenly matched. However, the battle ended when Bolas finally just touched the leviathan, causing it to instantly stop living, despite the two being equal in power.

When stuff like that doesn't work, he has back up plans. For instance, he later on fought another planeswalker, named Leshrac, who was seemingly totally immune to dying and any form of being killed. So instead, he took the Mask of the Myojin of Night's reach and sealed Leshrac inside of it, instead destroying him by expending all his essence to fix some multiversal rifts until there was nothing left of him.

Death Manip. Not sure that would help much since starting distance is 4km and they can both get to basically wherever, at the same speed. Bolas clearly doesn't open with that, as he used it after the two had stalemated, and both have much higher range with their abilities.

The other one is interesting, but again, I wouldn't call it enough to conclusively overpower Cronus' abilities, since Cronus regens even if he is erased from existence and stuff.

Not sure touch is really relevant in this scenario, considering the range.

Doesn't Bolas resist EE?

BFR could be a game changer, would Cronus be able to escape said BFR/would it even matter, since he has Multiversal range?

Just stating what I've heard. He has a way to lock Multiverse travel and his BFR was what got him an inconclusive against the emperor IIRC.

Can it make them actually incapable of using attacks across the multiverse or just moving? Because Cronus could attack from another universe.

So far the only mention of Bolas' mindhaxxing is via touch, which I believe isn't really something that is applicable. And it seems out of character to open with that since he stalemated that other creature before bothering to mindhax him.

If you can get a scan or something then yeah I'd vote Nicol Bolas. (Only reason I ask for a scan is because now we have two different things for Nicol's range, no offense intended~)

Mr. Bambu said:
If you can get a scan or something then yeah I'd vote Nicol Bolas. (Only reason I ask for a scan is because now we have two different things for Nicol's range, no offense intended~)
I mean

It states on Bolas's profile he has that range

I suggest a CRT if someone disagrees

Someone said that his mindhax was explicitly via touch, that's why I asked. If he can't do it from great range, still voting Cronus.

Azzy states that his touch makes it more potent, but it isn't needed. That said, Bolas obviously doesn't open with that, so...

I will vote Bolas, I'd vote he wins about 550 out of a thousand.

Well that's 3 votes in favor of Bolas... BTW, in the lore of MTG (Former Player and Read the novels since the Brother's War) The mind attacks/haxes doesn't need to have any physical touch. Same thing with corrupting a person (Which Yawgmoth did to Urza in the Planeswalker which drive him mentally and emotionally scarred for hundreds of years. He also did it again to Urza and Gerard in the Apocalypse novel, which is set after a few hundred years, where he brainwashed them and let them kill each other in the Phyrexian Arena)

Back