• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Stars and Stripes needs Non-Physical Interaction for being able to make normally intangible things such as light and air solid, like when she made the laser hold-able.

I have a feeling that some are going to disagree with considering light & air intangible, but I did some research and found otherwise.

Last edited:
I know it's added and all, but this looks more like matter manipulation instead of NPI. For light, it will be light manipulation.

NPI doesn't fit the bill for turning intangibile stuff tangible.

I know it's added and all, but this looks more like matter manipulation instead of NPI. For light, it will be light manipulation.

NPI doesn't fit the bill for turning intangibile stuff tangible.
but she has to touch it to do this, and to actually touch it she has to interact with it

That isn't why she is getting limited Non-Physical Interaction. It comes from turning the air and light solid. Her power can interact with intangible things like air and light. She doesn't have Non-Physical Interaction herself. Air and Light both make contact with your body (Light gets absorbed into and reflects off of your body), you cannot hold either of them or do much. But they do come into contact with you, which is all Star needs to preform her Law Manipulation.

If she could interact with air and light like they were solid, without a rule, then it wouldn't have been a limited Non-Physical Interaction.

Note: I'm curious about how it works though, the Non-Physical Interaction page says: "The power to interact with intangible or non-corporeal beings or objects" Her power interacts with them, but that is how Law Manipulation works anyway. I don't know if turning non solid things... well solid counts as Non-Physical Interaction.

Not against the idea in general, I'll agree with whatever is accepted by the wiki. Just that I don't know the actual stance here.

but she has to touch it to do this, and to actually touch it she has to interact with it
Except that's not how it works.

This isn't NPI, this is moreso light manip and matter manip via law manipulation. She is forcing a rule on intangible things to become tangible. So still technically matter and light.

Star: "The laser is holdable!"

That's means it wasn't holdable before, she is interacting with something that was intangible and making it solid.

Can I see the actual scan? For both air and light. Op don't have anything.

If she held it before turning it tangible, then that's NPI + light manip + matter manip (ofc all from law hax, but still qualifies for the other two)

This her touching the air to activate her Quirk, and this is her touching the laser.

The fact she needs to make a rule to make the laser holdable, is kind of proof that she can't hold them without her rule. And I don't see anything that suggest she touches them any more than a normal person can. Assuming the laser is indeed made of light, that still can make contact with you.

The air one just looks obvious, she's grasping the air as much as a normal person can. Also this is her turning the air solid.

Light and Air aren't spatially intangible, where they'd pass through all forms of matter. Like turning into fire, you make contact with fire but you cannot hold it. Her Quirk just requires her to touch something, so she can place a rule on it. Even a single finger counts as contact to make a rule.

I don't think she is showcasing Non-Physical Interaction. And I don't think turning lasers and air into something solid counts as Non-Physical Interaction.

Light manipulation for laser.

As for air, since she says air doesn't exist for 100 meters .. doesn't seem like she is materialising it like OP suggested (or am I missing something?). But either way, either matter manip or air manip.

That's the only scan of her "touching" the air, the air giant I linked above is her making the air solid. The official translation doesn't mention solid, though she does say the air solidifies or something close to that in the raw Japanese. We don't get a close up of her touching the air, which is why I showed the first scan.

This picture shows her air giant, holding a giant solid laser. Note: I don't see her having Non-Physical interaction like the OP suggests. Since she is turning them solid with her rules/law manipulation.

Matter Manipulation seems more appropriate than Non-Physical Interaction.

That seems better for me as well. Though I'm not an expert, just that it seems better than Non-Physical Interaction.

Back