• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Fanfiction Rule Interactions

Hello there! So, in a recent thread concerning popular works that contain amounts of works that don’t belong to the owner, a new rule concerning what defines ‘Fan-Made’ was developed. The exact rule is as such:

• Do not add any original or fan-made characters to the wiki. If you wish to create any original/fan-made character profiles, feel free to do so in the FC/OC wiki. "Original" here refers to relatively obscure characters from self-contained stories created by members and their friends, whereas "fan-made" refers to ones appearing within fanfiction or works containing a sufficient amount of another piece of fiction's copyrighted material without official permission.
Now, I was recently reading through a popular verse that happens to be on the wiki, and decided to make a thread dedicated to one purpose: Discussing how this rule would interact with current popular verses that exist on the wiki. Whether future verses or present verses. I wasn’t sure exactly where to place this, so I decided to place it in the Questions and Answers board, since this could probably also serve as somewhere to ask whether verses would fit into this rule or something like that. Feel free to move it if so inclined.

Last edited:
I always though about this: Like what about published fanfiction and all?

There are also media’s with ungodly amounts of references to other works. A good example is the Henry Stickmen series.

Back