• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Era Hanabi Hyuuga upgrade

In the Family Day novel, Hinata and Hanabi have a spar. The novel states that Hanabi's Chakra is so intense that each of her blows could end the battle, suggesting her Chakra is so strong that it can knock out Hinata. The novel directly states that Hinata can barely dodge Hanabi's strikes, and that she may not be able to dodge her next strike, showing Hanabi's relativity to Hinata in speed. Hanabi is able to consistenly react to Hinata's attacks, brush aside her strikes, and throw Hinata off balance. Hanabi's kicks are strong enough to force Hinata into continuously retreating.

With this in mind, Hanabi should be considered equal to new era Hinata. Which means she'd be upgraded to low 5B, possibly 5B, and her speed should be upgraded to relativistic.

Last edited:
Doesn't the Hyuga fighting style revolve around targeting key weak points?

It resolves around striking preasure points, but it still shouldn't lead to an instant KO if your enemy is stronger. Also, I am pretty sure that during this sparring match, none of them were actually going for preasure points to begin with. Not once did they ever attempt to do so. They simply threw palms and kicks at each other ( The preasure point attack is done by striking with your fingertips, not your palms and kicks like they were consistantly said to strike. ). So I think this here wouldn't even be via preasure points. And the statement of Hanabi's Chakra being so intense that each blow could end the fight is made in refference to her palm strike.

Last edited:
In the Family Day novel, Hinata and Hanabi have a spar. The novel states that Hanabi's Chakra is so intense that each of her blows could end the battle, suggesting her Chakra is so strong that it can knock out Hinata. The novel directly states that Hinata can barely dodge Hanabi's strikes, and that she may not be able to dodge her next strike, showing Hanabi's relativity to Hinata in speed.

With this in mind, Hanabi should be upgraded to low 5B, possibly 5B, and her speed should be upgraded to relativistic.
You should know that Hinata is Low 5-B possibly 5-B with Hamura Chakra

Disagreed.

The novel explicitly makes it clear that Hinata was very reluctant to fight and she wasn't trying to hurt Hanabi or progress the fight at all. Hanabi was the one instigating and making every first move. Of course, both of them could have ended each other with a blow(unlikely for Hinata since she's way stronger) but thats because of the way the gentle fist works rather than the AP.

Not to mention, when Hanabi said something wrong about Naruto, Hinata ended the fight immediately. It was never a close challenge.

Also, Hinata is low 5B possibly 5B in the last. Her new era version is obviously stronger but with no feats yet which is why she's unknown

Last edited:
Not to mention, when Hanabi said something wrong about Naruto, Hinata ended the fight immediately. It was never a close challenge.
Downscaling does exist. The novel does imply some level of relativity perhaps a possibly could work. I havent the read the novel so i cant really say anything further than this but these are just my thoughts apon reading this

Downscaling does exist. The novel does imply some level of relativity perhaps a possibly could work. I havent the read the novel so i cant really say anything further than this but these are just my thoughts apon reading this
The novel only implies relativity to a mentally unstable and suppressed Hinata who was being questioned by Hanabi. Once Hanabi said something wrong about Naruto, Hinata took down Hanabi immediately.

Disagreed.

The novel explicitly makes it clear that Hinata was very reluctant to fight and she wasn't trying to hurt Hanabi or progress the fight at all. Hanabi was the one instigating and making every first move. Of course, both of them could have ended each other with a blow(unlikely for Hinata since she's way stronger) but thats because of the way the gentle fist works rather than the AP.
Can you show me where it's said that Hinata was not trying to fight back? And why'd that matter when Hanabi's power is directly said to be steong enough to KO Hinata and Hinata is barely able to react to Hanabi? Whether she tries to hurt Hanabi or not does not change these facts.

And nowhere in this entire fight is the use of the Gentle Fist ever mentioned. They only fought trading palms and kicks as opposed to striking their preasure points.

Also, Hinata is low 5B possibly 5B in the last. Her new era version is obviously stronger but with no feats yet which is why she's unknown
No, after Hanabi said something wrong about Naruto she was still keeping up with Hinata and forcing her to retreat from her kicks and strikes, with Hinata barely managing to dodge. And just because Hinata managed to beat Hanabi in the end does not mean anything. As the narrator said each of their blows could end the fight. Meaning that Hanabi could have just as easily knocked out Hinata if she managed to connect first.

And no, she's not unknown as her feats are being able to keep up with Hinata and verbatim being said to be able to knock her out with her palms and kicks, literally brushing Hinata's strikes away, and knocking Hinata off-balance.

The novel only implies relativity to a mentally unstable and suppressed Hinata who was being questioned by Hanabi. Once Hanabi said something wrong about Naruto, Hinata took down Hanabi immediately.
A mentally unstable Hinata? That's a big reach. Can you show me a scan of Hinata being mentally nerfed? here is not a single mental nerf mentioned in the entire fight. To assume she was magically mentally nerfed would be flawed.

Naruto 🤝 One Piece:
Scaling everyone and their mother (or sister) to god tiers

Anyways
I do agree with the notion of scaling Hanabi to Hinata
Iirc, Hanabi was stated to be more talented that her sister in part 1 or something

Whether she should be scaling to God tiers is another matter on it's own

Can you show me where it's said that Hinata was not trying to fight back? And why'd that matter when Hanabi's power is directly said to be steong enough to KO Hinata and Hinata is barely able to react to Hanabi? Whether she tries to hurt Hanabi or not does not change these facts.
I just said, Hanabi only kept up with a mentally suppressed Hinata who didn't want to fight at all. Once Hinata got serious, it wasn't even anymore. I would post scans when I get back home.

OH, and BTW, Hinata beat Hanabi by baiting her to catch her off-guard, as directly stated. It was a win via Hinata outsmarting her, not via Hinata "suddenly becoming serious" like you try to make it seem.

And nowhere in this entire fight is the use of the Gentle Fist ever mentioned. They only fought trading palms and kicks as opposed to striking their preasure points.
Do you understand how ridiculous this sounds? Gentle fist is all a hyuga does. All their cqc is based on gentle fist.

I just said, Hanabi only kept up with a mentally suppressed Hinata who didn't want to fight at all. Once Hinata got serious, it wasn't even anymore. I would post scans when I get back home.
And I said that nowhere in the entire novel is a thing such as "mentally unstable Hinata" or "mentally nerfed Hinata" is ever mentioned in the novel. It's something entirely made-up.

No, after Hanabi said something wrong about Naruto she was still keeping up with Hinata and forcing her to retreat from her kicks and strikes, with Hinata barely managing to dodge. And just because Hinata managed to beat Hanabi in the end does not mean anything. As the narrator said each of their blows could end the fight. Meaning that Hanabi could have just as easily knocked out Hinata if she managed to connect first.
All what you are saying is totally irrelevant. Like I said, this Hinata barely even wanted to fight. It was Hanabi who kept on attacking and questioning Hinata.

And I said that nowhere in the entire novel is a thing such as "mentally unstable Hinata" or "mentally nerfed Hinata" is ever mentioned in the novel. It's something entirely made-up.
It doesn't have to be mentioned if you understand the context behind what even caused the fight in the first place. Anyways, this crt is pointless because Boruto era Hinata is unknown atm.

Put me in the disagreed section.

Do you understand how ridiculous this sounds? Gentle fist is all a hyuga does. All their cqc is based on gentle fist.
No, it actually doesn't. In the very fight Hanabi is using kicks for half the fight. Hyuuga don't always fight using the Gentle Fist, unless they are in a life or death battle. Hanabi was evidently not using the Gentle Fist. They are described as throwing palms and kicks at each other.

All what you are saying is totally irrelevant. Like I said, this Hinata barely even wanted to fight. It was Hanabi who kept on attacking and questioning Hinata.
How is it irrelevant when it debunks the claim you made? And Hinata "barely wanting to fight" ( Never mentioned ) does mot change the fact that Hanabi's power can knock her out or that she can barely react to Hanabi.

No, it actually doesn't. In the very fight Hanabi is using kicks for half the fight. Hyuuga don't always fight using the Gentle Fist, unless they are in a life or death battle. Hanabi was evidently not using the Gentle Fist. They are described as throwing palms and kicks at each other.
Ok? What is this supposed to mean? Them hitting each other with their palms is clearly a gentle fist style. Hanabi started using Gentle fist and like you showed, it's stated that each attack was deadly.

It doesn't have to be mentioned if you understand the context behind what even caused the fight in the first place. Anyways, this crt is pointless because Boruto era Hinata is unknown atm.

The context does not suggest Hinata was mentally nerfed. You are essentially admitting to using headcanon at this point.

Ok? What is this supposed to mean? Them hitting each other with their palms is clearly a gentle fist style. Hanabi started using Gentle fist and like you showed, it's stated that each attack was deadly.
Again, can you prove to me that she used the Gentle Fist? Why'd she use the Gentle Fist in such a fight? Especially when the Gentle Fist is most commonly done through striking preasure points with your fingertips, not through your palms
And this defense is irrelevant to begin with, as her kicks are also shown giving Hinata trouble. So it's not just her palm strikes.

Oh, and BTW, the wiki has Boruto era Hinata at unknown because they don't know how much stronger she got as her file says. So yeah. Hanabi would still scale to The Last Hinata going by the wiki.

Oh, and BTW, the wiki has Boruto era Hinata at unknown because they don't know how much stronger she got as her file says. So yeah. Hanabi would still scale to The Last Hinata going by the wiki.
That's not how it works pal.

It actually says she was duller than before
Neither of them was breathing hard, but Hinata was frustrated. She was duller than when she’s been on active duty and working missions.
Although I'd imagine that this will apply to stuffs like reflexes and speed not necessarily power

This is a great reminder to bump the hinata thread
Was about to bring it up

Back