• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NEW EMPEROR POWER UPS

So godblight came out and it gave the emperor a bit of a extra lore.

first off, the emperor has the ability to possess people malcador in the horus heresy, the little girl in plauge wars, and now gulliman in godblight

second, the idea of worship empowerment and faith has truly empowered the emperor. while this was already established, it is now gone into deeper explanation.

the emperor and his sword is now strongest enough the harm the chaos gods to the point that nurgels entire garden has been burned down utterly.

also gulliman needs a bit of a boost and updates due to this

the emperor possesing gulliman

He sensed the cauldron’s passing as a tolling, as of a bell’s ring felt but not heard.
The garden shook with an earthquake. The strange daemon creatures that dwelled there set up a cacophony of cries and moans. On the areas of Iax that it overlaid, reality trembled and reasserted itself, and the garden began to fade.
‘Impossible,’ Mortarion whispered.
The corpse of his brother twitched. The Armour of Fate was a corroded shell, but somehow its power pack restarted, and lights blinked on systems all over it.
Guilliman’s blackened face turned up to look at him. Mortarion felt something huge and dangerous moving through the warp. Something he had not felt for a long time.
Guilliman’s back arched. The armour was humming now, giving off a psychic signature as arcane mechanisms within it powered on throughout.
The earth shook again. A second toll of the unseen bell sent the denizens of the garden into panic. Trees cracked as they dragged up roots and attempted to lumber away. A million kinds of daemon-fly buzzed up from the corpse-grounds and flew off in gathering swarms. Nurglings shrieked and waddled as fast as their little legs would carry them.
Mortarion stood hurriedly, raised Silence and made to bring it down, to destroy Guilliman finally, take his soul as a sacrifice to the great god Nurgle even if he could not take his worlds.
But he could not move.
Guilliman’s eyes were glowing with pure, white power. The last slimes of his decayed flesh burned away, and a network of feathery capillaries spread in their place, bearing new blood unsullied by the Godblight. The metal of the Armour of Fate shimmered, impossibly remaking itself. Bright decorations appeared as tarnish cracked and fell away. Wires grew and reconnected as surely as Guilliman’s skin was growing back.
The neverground of the garden shook hard. Daemons large and small were screaming, emerging from their hiding places and fleeing in riotous stampede. Away in the distance, ever visible wherever you went in the garden, Nurgle’s Black Manse shivered, and Mortarion felt another presence, as powerful as the first, looking at him from behind its ever-shuttered windows.
The ground cracked and broke. Glaring whiteness blazed from the crevasses. Guilliman’s corpse rose up, and hung in the air, supported by a pillar of radiance, and slowly turned so he was upright. He reached out, and the Emperor’s Sword appeared in his hand, and burned with the fires of a thousand suns.
‘He speaks to me, brother,’ said Roboute Guilliman. ‘Does He not speak to you?’
The unbearable radiance enfolded Guilliman, so glaring Mortarion threw up his hands.
‘Father?’ Mortarion said, and his voice quailed like a little boy discovered in the course of some small but unforgivable crime.
‘I am His right hand, brother,’ said Guilliman. ‘I am His general, His champion. I am the Avenging Son. By His might am I preserved.’
The landscape flickered between the blasted battlefield of Iax and the Garden of Nurgle. The ground of the garden was rolling.
‘This is impossible! You should be dead!’
There was the creak of a door, faint but portentous, coming from the manse. The doors never opened to Nurgle’s house.
Mortarion turned very, very slowly, and looked to the great house. A single, tiny shutter on an insignificant gable was open, a square of deeper blackness in the black wood.
‘Forgive me, Grandfather,’ he quailed.
Guilliman looked past him, and something looked through him, seeing all worlds at once. Eyes as bright as the centres of galaxies stared at the black, forbidding house.
‘You are a traitor,’ Guilliman said, in a voice that was not quite his own. ‘You have brought low all that could have been, but you are as much a victim as a monster, Mortarion. Perhaps one day you might be saved. Until then, you must go back to the master you chose.’
No!’ Mortarion cried, but it was too late. Some force reached for him, and yanked hard. He flew back, over and over through the garden, towards the black house of the Plague God. He felt a moment of perfect terror before he flew in through the open portal, and it slammed shut behind him, trapping him with an altogether more awful god.
Nurgle was displeased.
Guilliman looked over the Garden of Nurgle. He was between two worlds. The warp was a shifting thing, never constant. The garden was a collection of ideas. It had no true form, and through it he could see a million other worlds that underpinned it, the dreams of souls living and dead, and past that, as if glimpsed through banks of glittering sea mist that evaporated before the morning sun, the battlefield of Iax.
‘Hear me!’ Guilliman’s voice boomed through eternities. The sword blazed higher, until the fire of it threatened to burn out time. ‘I am Roboute Guilliman, last loyal son of the Emperor of Terra. It is not your destiny to end today, God of Plague, but know that I am coming for you, and I will find you, and you will burn.’
He gripped the Sword of the Emperor two-handed and raised it high. Rising waves of fire ripped into the garden. From the great manse a cry of rage sounded, as a wall of flame hotter than a million suns devoured everything in its path, finally breaking and receding within yards of the black walls of Nurgle’s house. Its infinite halls shook. Mossy tiles fell from the roof. Sodden timbers steamed.
‘This is a warning. The warp and the materium were once in balance. For too long, you have tipped the scales. Understand that it is not only the warp that is capable of pushing back. This realm is not real. Only will is real. And none may outmatch my will. Be assured, Lord of Plagues, and convey this message to your brothers, that I do not speak for myself.
‘I speak for the Emperor of Mankind.’

The Emperor and his sword is now strongest enough the harm the chaos gods to the point that nurgels entire garden has been burned down utterly.
This more helps the Sword than Emprah himself cause we already know the Emperor scales above Nurgle.

Still a really good aupporting feat tho and was immensely badass.

Welp so that would give possession and empowerment to the Emperor and that's easy enough to agree to.

Would that make the sword, and by extention, Guilliman, High 1-B given that they could harm Nurgle's physical form? Also Guilliman should probably get type 8 immortality considering he can be resurrected thanks to the Emperor.

Welp so that would give possession and empowerment to the Emperor and that's easy enough to agree to.

Would that make the sword, and by extention, Guilliman, High 1-B given that they could harm Nurgle's physical form? Also Guilliman should probably get type 8 immortality considering he can be resurrected thanks to the Emperor.
I didnt think it was Nurgle himself pretty sure it was “just” his Garden (Tho maybe that’s considered a part of him, dont knoe enough about Nurgle to say so in full confidence), still a H1B feat but regardless I dont think that gives Guillimon that tier. It was a feat preformed while he was possessed by Emprah and was specifically done via the Sword (Which we already know has H1B hax and such).

Last edited:
Would this still warrant type 8 immortality for Guilliman considering it was the Holy Man-peror who resurrected him?
Hmm im not really certain, I dont think so unless its shown to happen again or if we have more statements about the Emperor keeping Guilliman alive and reviving him.

Could just be a one off thing seeing as how he so far hasnt revived others like that, plus werent they in the Warp? Which would make it easier for Emps to do that stuff.

Hmm im not really certain, I dont think so unless its shown to happen again or if we have more statements about the Emperor keeping Guilliman alive and reviving him.

Could just be a one off thing seeing as how he so far hasnt revived others like that, plus werent they in the Warp? Which would make it easier for Emps to do that stuff.
Yeah that's fair. So really this is just adding possession to the Emperor.

Btw shouldnt this all wait until the Siege ends? We might get more Emprah stuff and all of it can be handled in one large CRT.

We could. Plus from what I've heard, Crabwhale's been planning out the CRT and may do it this summer if I remember correctly so it may not even be that long of a wait.

Back