• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nessie (Second Life Ranker) Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikimarox2

He/Him
Should be relatively simple.

Unconventional Resistance to Soul, Power Nullification, and Mind Manipulation

Alrighty, as we already know, Nessie is a conceptual being without a physical form. That is simple enough.

Souls in the verse exist inside the consciousness:
Dealing with a Soulstone was a complex matter, and it would be hard to reach Hermes’ soul. Even fallen, a divine soul was still divine. Getting through one’s consciousness to reach one’s soul was something that even supreme divine beings didn’t do since the possibility of becoming lost in someone’s world of conscious mind was too dangerous.
This by itself should grant unconventional resistance to Soul manip. However, that isn't all.

Consciousness exists inside one's idea, as shown when Yeon-woo had to interfere into Mother Earth's Idea in order to effect her consciousness (As if right now, this kind of resistance only applies to conceptual beings, as it wasn't stated to be the same for normal dudes):

As shown above, I believe this should be good enough in order to grant unconventional resistance to Soul and Mind manip, and only limited power nullification since only Illusory Change (Which is subjective reality) comes from their consciousness, other abilities are not necessarily the same.

Since she's a conceptual being, this should also apply to Nessie, who is a conceptual being himself.

Additionally, I should that this would affect his normal form as well (Although there's a chance that will be removed), as Mother Earth was still in her physical form here, and yet Yeon-woo had to enter her idea:
The above happened at chapter 592, fyi. Overall, I believe this should be enough to grant Nessie resistance to soul, mind, and power null.

Aura addition

Can't believe I forgot this. Even in the scans above (The very first scan) it was stated that Nessie has an aura.

Additionally, this aura should be capable of this:
『Stop with the bullshit!』 The Vampiric Lord’s face turned stiff. The energy surrounding her lashed around and a black haze gathered. The Vampiric Spirit appeared and growled as if it would swallow Yeon-woo.

Rumble! The Tutorial stage shook even more violently. Unlike the Demonic Sea, which was filled with scary and violent creatures, this was a place for novices. Simply releasing strength put the stage in danger. The monsters spread throughout Section E couldn’t handle the Vampiric Lord’s aura and dropped to the ground with foaming mouths.
Although Nessie should be a bit weaker than the Vampiric Lord, its aura should still not be that weaker than hers, and should be capable of this.

Upgrading Nessie's Concept Type 2 to 1

So... I'm not good with concept shit, so I'm not sure how this will work. Basically, Yeon-woo fought The Crawling Chaos, and it was stated that the Crawling Chaos is comparable to Mother Earth. Additionally, there's really no reason for the concept types to be different between enemies in the verse.

Anyways, as for why it is a type 1 concept; Well, that's because Mother Earth is a type 1 concept, and since it was stated she was a conceptual being, and Nessie was stated to be a conceptual being as well, there's no reason why it should be type 2 instead of 1.

Why Mother Earth's Concept is Type 1:

She was made from tiny bits of the Black King. Said Black King was stated to predate all of reality:
The conceptual god called Mother Earth had risen from fragments of nothingness and emptiness, and the original form of such fragments was the Black King. However, the ego of the Black King was imprisoned in the depths of emptiness. Mother Earth wanted to make the Black King her own or consume him in order to be reborn as a perfect being. That was why set her sights on Cha Jeong-woo, who had received the Black King’s blessings. She sought to consume his soul in an attempt to open a path to the Black King.
The ability of time itself was removed from the Black King. The Black King was emptiness that had existed before the creation of the universe. He represented the condition of being “paused,” when the concept of time didn’t exist.
Additionally, many beings sought The Black King. And mother earth herself wanted to seek him out in order to absorb him and become the perfect being.

This alone proves that she should be a type 1 concept, and considering there weren't really any stated differences between conceptual being (Except for the fact that Mother Earth represented life, which is kinda of a big deal), this should make all conceptual shiz in the verse Type 1, Including Nessie's existence.

Possible Acausality Type 4 or Resistance to Light and Temperature?

Yeah, this is kinda weird. Not sure what it would be, exactly.

Basically, it was stated that there were some beings that were composed of so much chaos and disorder that they were free from the laws of physics and they were potentially unaffected by intense light and heat:
A few of the creatures contained so much chaos that they were removed from the laws of physics, and there was a possibility that even intense light and heat wouldn’t work against them.
Since Nessie is the king of these monsters, it should naturally be the same for it.
However, there's also this statement here:

‘But in the end, no matter how far from the laws of physics you are, I guess everything’s the same when it comes to overwhelmingly destructive power.’ The power of Meteor Sword Art was greater than he thought. It didn’t stop with a single explosion, but amplified its ability to destroy by creating more explosions.
Which I'm not sure if it contradicts the statement or not.

Aaaaaand, this should be it.

So for the unconventional resistance, power null should be limited resistance.

I can see unconventional soul resistance, but it seems that it’s less about it actually being hard to reach and more about reaching it being dangerous because you’d be within range of the conceptual beings powers.

So for the unconventional resistance, power null should be limited resistance.
Yeah, I already specified that in the OP, since it's only for illusory change.
I can see unconventional soul resistance, but it seems that it’s less about it actually being hard to reach and more about reaching it being dangerous because you’d be within range of the conceptual beings powers.
I mean, that's true. Though, that doesn't really invalidate it, does it? It is still inside their consciousness, which means in order to reach, you still need something that can enter it's consciousness.

Also, thanks for commenting, I thought this would be dead for the next 2 weeks. Also, I take it you're fine with the other additions?

Yeah, I already specified that in the OP, since it's only for illusory change.

I mean, that's true. Though, that doesn't really invalidate it, does it? It is still inside their consciousness, which means in order to reach, you still need something that can enter it's consciousness
Not necessarily. A good example where that isn’t the case is like a conceptual aura covering a character that forks over anything in it.

people can still physically reach them as the aura isn’t an obstruction, but they’ll instantly get forked.
Also, thanks for commenting, I thought this would be dead for the next 2 weeks. Also, I take it you're fine with the other additions?
I need to read through everything else I’m at work right

Not necessarily. A good example where that isn’t the case is like a conceptual aura covering a character that forks over anything in it.

people can still physically reach them as the aura isn’t an obstruction, but they’ll instantly get forked.
I don't think I understand this logic? Entering their consciousness is specifically dangerous because their illusory change is the most powerful there. However, that doesn't debunk anything I have said. The soul is still inside their consciousness. As in, in order to even affect the soul, they have to enter their consciousness. The verse purely just has it that they can enter the consciousness easily.

Also;
Dealing with a Soulstone was a complex matter, and it would be hard to reach Hermes’ soul. Even fallen, a divine soul was still divine. Getting through one’s consciousness to reach one’s soul was something that even supreme divine beings didn’t do since the possibility of becoming lost in someone’s world of conscious mind was too dangerous.
The dude in question is a person with a physical body, not a conceptual being. Additionally, the dude was unconscious here, if that helps with anything.

I don't think I understand this logic? Entering their consciousness is specifically dangerous because their illusory change is the most powerful there. However, that doesn't debunk anything I have said. The soul is still inside their consciousness. As in, in order to even affect the soul, they have to enter their consciousness. The verse purely just has it that they can enter the consciousness easily.
You’re not understanding what I’m saying with my analogy I gave.

Essentially, in fiction, you can be in something without that thing actually blocking or obstructing anything from reaching you.

To use Bleach’s soul crush as an example, we would say bleach characters are surrounded by their soul crushing aura, and it is clearly non-physical/spiritual, but that doesn’t mean you need non-physical interraction to pass through their aura and reach them. Which is why we have examples of robots beating bleach characters in matches.

Basically, consciousness is only described as an obstruction in so far that it is harmful to reach one’s soul because of their consciousness messing with you before you can reach it. It’s not described as an actual obstruction beyond that.

I don't really think that's what the scan implies, and I honestly want to see what other people think. Still, wouldn't this at least grant a possibly/likely?

Should be relatively simple.

Unconventional Resistance to Soul, Power Nullification, and Mind Manipulation

Alrighty, as we already know, Nessie is a conceptual being without a physical form. That is simple enough.
Looks good.
Souls in the verse exist inside the consciousness:

This by itself should grant unconventional resistance to Soul manip. However, that isn't all.

Consciousness exists inside one's idea, as shown when Yeon-woo had to interfere into Mother Earth's Idea in order to effect her consciousness (As if right now, this kind of resistance only applies to conceptual beings, as it wasn't stated to be the same for normal dudes):

As shown above, I believe this should be good enough in order to grant unconventional resistance to Soul and Mind manip, and only limited power nullification since only Illusory Change (Which is subjective reality) comes from their consciousness, other abilities are not necessarily the same.

Since she's a conceptual being, this should also apply to Nessie, who is a conceptual being himself.

Additionally, I should that this would affect his normal form as well (Although there's a chance that will be removed), as Mother Earth was still in her physical form here, and yet Yeon-woo had to enter her idea:

The above happened at chapter 592, fyi. Overall, I believe this should be enough to grant Nessie resistance to soul, mind, and power null.
Unconventional resistance seems ok so long as it's properly explained.

Aura addition

Can't believe I forgot this. Even in the scans above (The very first scan) it was stated that Nessie has an aura.

Additionally, this aura should be capable of this:

Although Nessie should be a bit weaker than the Vampiric Lord, its aura should still not be that weaker than hers, and should be capable of this.
Looks ok so long as aura effects aren't unique to each other.

Upgrading Nessie's Concept Type 2 to 1

So... I'm not good with concept shit, so I'm not sure how this will work. Basically, Yeon-woo fought The Crawling Chaos, and it was stated that the Crawling Chaos is comparable to Mother Earth. Additionally, there's really no reason for the concept types to be different between enemies in the verse.

Anyways, as for why it is a type 1 concept; Well, that's because Mother Earth is a type 1 concept, and since it was stated she was a conceptual being, and Nessie was stated to be a conceptual being as well, there's no reason why it should be type 2 instead of 1.

Why Mother Earth's Concept is Type 1:

She was made from tiny bits of the Black King. Said Black King was stated to predate all of reality:

Additionally, many beings sought The Black King. And mother earth herself wanted to seek him out in order to absorb him and become the perfect being.

This alone proves that she should be a type 1 concept, and considering there weren't really any stated differences between conceptual being (Except for the fact that Mother Earth represented life, which is kinda of a big deal), this should make all conceptual shiz in the verse Type 1, Including Nessie's existence.
I'm not good with concept stuff sorry.

Possible Acausality Type 4 or Resistance to Light and Temperature?

Yeah, this is kinda weird. Not sure what it would be, exactly.

Basically, it was stated that there were some beings that were composed of so much chaos and disorder that they were free from the laws of physics and they were potentially unaffected by intense light and heat:

Since Nessie is the king of these monsters, it should naturally be the same for it.
However, there's also this statement here:

Which I'm not sure if it contradicts the statement or not.
This one is odd, the resistance is ok but how much are they free from physics like is it futher described?

Looks good.

Unconventional resistance seems ok so long as it's properly explained.

Looks ok so long as aura effects aren't unique to each other.
Nice. Ty for the input!
This one is odd, the resistance is ok but how much are they free from physics like is it futher described?
Not really. Though, characters from the same species were stated to be like, rejecting/unbound by the laws of nature and stuff.

Nice~ Is this enough for the crt to enter grace, or do I need more participation?

Also, Yung made some arguments, so for soul resistance, I'll put at as possibly.

Concept Type 1 seems pretty clear here, also i share the same sentiments as Griffin about the rest of the stuffs so it should be fine to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back