• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nessie (Second Life Ranker) Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikimarox2

He/Him
Should be relatively simple (It's not)

So, thanks to @Lysairth and @donegbe, who either have compiled feats or just gave me some insight, I decided to make the CRT.

So, here are the changes:
Incorporeality, and Abstract Existence (Type 1; Transcendent are stated to be the Laws of Nature, and were stated to be conceptual beings. They were stated to be the embodiment of Philosophical Ideas, and they were stated to fight mentally the majority of the time due to lacking a tangible form). In general, I'm removing the whole "Nessie has a physical body" shtick, since I generally decided with that mainly because I was still inexperienced with how we do concept stuff here. I thought if they were capable of interacting with stuff, that meant they had a physical body, but the more I looked at it, the less likely it seemed. Therefore, Nessie is now a purely Type 1 abstract being, instead of having a physical body.

Aura: Passive AP crush, Elemental Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, Law Manipulation, and possibly Soul Crush: Transcendent' aura is capable of suppressing even Cha Yeon-Woo, who was already resistant to suppression before, and was stated to even possibly crush the souls of their opponents. Additionally, their mere presence makes the laws unstable, and they could destroy the lower floors via their spiritual pressure alone.

Enhanced Senses, and Cosmic Awareness: Transcendents are generally capable of sensing changes in time and space, such as when Heavenly Demon reversed time. Additionally, it was stated that Transcendents were not limited to the five senses, and were able to sense the laws of natural order and the various things that was happening in the world, and could also sense the changes in time and space as well as various causalities. I'm not sure if this is Acausality type 1, since this is what I generally saw it as, but Lysairth disagrees, so I would like to see the other's opinion on this as well. They could also see the true state of all.

NPI and Space Manipulation: Transcendent are capable of shattering space, and grabbing it as well. They also could interact with other spiritual beings, gods (transcendents), etc...

Self-Sustain Type 1, 2, and 3: Transcendents lack bodily function due to being concepts

Acausality Type 3: Transcendents have the same soul throughout all of the timelines

Photographic Memory: Those with divine status can review everything their soul have ever experienced

Soul Manipulation: They could bind people's souls via their voice

Precognition: Gods consider precognition as merely a superficial view of the likeliest possible future according to the laws of causality that they are able to feel

Immortality type 5: Transcendents are stated to be free of the concept of death/not applied (The Divine Twilight Returns, chapter 1)

Time Manipulation and resistance to it: Transcendents are stated to rule over time, with them being capable of stopping time, and are capable of adjusting it. Additionally, it was shown when Cha Yeon-woo used his Time Difference skill, which allowed him to think much more quickly, gods are not affected by it due to having a different concept of time.

Last edited:
Incorporeality, and Abstract Existence (Type 1
Agree.
Aura: Passive AP crush, Elemental Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, Law/Concept Manipulation, and possibly Soul Crush
From this scan I feel the law manip is fine but at the same time there is no mention of affecting concepts so I think that bit should be removed. Yeah they are conceptual beings so I can certainly imagine them having conceptual manip, is just that that scan just mention law manip so I don't think the concept manip should be mentioned among the effects of them fighting. The rest seems fine.
Time Reversal Resistance, Enhanced Senses, and Cosmic Awareness: Transcendents
Agree with the senses and cosmic awareness part but don't really see a resistance to time reversal or acausality from the scans.
NPI and Space Manipulation
Fine.
Self-Sustain Type 1, 2, and 3
Easy agree.
Acausality Type 3
Hmm, I can see the acausality type 3 but I'm not really sure how useful actually is in practice, after all the scan doesn't mention the versions from other universes coming to help or save their version from another universe when they are in danger, it also mentions how each one have their own personalities despite having the same soul.
Photographic Memory, Soul Manipulation and Precognition
This are all good.
Immortality type 5
You didn't link any scan but based in the rest of scans about their existence I can believe it.
Time Manipulation and resistance to it
Seem the manipulation part though the resistance bit is less solid as the scans don't show them resisting time manipulation, the closest one to that was the Time Difference skill scan but that seem more attributed to their different perception of time (which you already proved previously) along with their own time manip to interfere with his ability, I suppose that from the fact that gods fight between themselves one could assume that they should have certain resistance to time manip so I think I'm fine with a possible rating (unless there is some scan showing them directly resisting time manip).

The concept part was a mistake tbh. I'll remove it. Though, for acausality, there were scans of them being unbound by time and ruling over time, as well as the fact that they can sense any changes in time. I assume these aren't enough?

As for type 3, it's not necessarily useful, but it's there. It doesn't have to be combat applicable.

For time, it's the fact that gods constantly fight against each other, which is why it's a resistance.

Also, they generally was supposed to have this, so I'd appreciate it if you could check it out. I'm not sure about the abilities.

Anyways, thanks for the reply!

The concept part was a mistake tbh. I'll remove it. Though, for acausality, there were scans of them being unbound by time and ruling over time, as well as the fact that they can sense any changes in time. I assume these aren't enough?

As for type 3, it's not necessarily useful, but it's there. It doesn't have to be combat applicable.

For time, it's the fact that gods constantly fight against each other, which is why it's a resistance.

Also, they generally was supposed to have this, so I'd appreciate it if you could check it out. I'm not sure about the abilities.

Anyways, thanks for the reply!
The scan you used in the time reversal resistance and that you said you think was acausality type 1 certainly isn't enough (basically, I'm of the same opinion than Lysairth with that), the scans you used at the end though for the time manip part are considerably more interesting and I could see something coming from that, if you show the scan that say that they are unbound by time then an argument for acausality could probably be made.

Yeah, I know, it was more to clarify so there is no future misunderstandings with the ability.

Read pretty much everything up to the conceptual gods part (due to having to go outside), and I have to say that it is really confusing with how is formatted, to explain it, I had to read like fifty or so scans (which is obviously a lot) in the transcendents section, various of those scans were grouped in albums with other scans about completely unreleated or just vaguely stuff, and all those albums with scans are put among other albums with tons of scans without explaining what is the purpose of mentioning all of that stuff, just for then after all the scans be said "well, in summary the characters have this several different powers" with said abilities not having an justification easy to read besides them so you would need to search again among all the scans above for what is supposed to be the justification of said ability (which makes debate each power quite hard).

Your op did a better job at formatting stuff in a easier to understand way as you state an ability and immediately besides it justificate the reason of said power with scans, so while the blog do for example this:
You do this:
Soul Manipulation: They could bind people's souls via their voice
Which is considerably easier to read, understand and debate as each ability gets a clear reasoning explained with a concrete scan to support the point. So I would suggest that the blog gets reformatted in a similar way to make things better.

Although, as a minor personal note, I think that make justifications like this:
Photographic Memory: As shown here
Precognition: As shown here
Isn't really good as it seems lazy, I prefer if those receive a proper justification, something like this for example:
Photographic Memory: Those with divine status can review everything their soul have ever experienced
Precognition: Gods consider precognition as merely a superficial view of the likeliest possible future according to the laws of causality that they are able to feel
So besides that detail I feel it would be quite beneficial if the creator of the blog and you tried to work together in how things should be explained and formatted.

P.S read so much chuuni paragraphs and word salads made my brain hurt for some time.

Applied your changes to the scans, and dw, I'll add the references when this gets accepted. Getting the chapters is pretty easy.

Though, on the collaboration part, the problem is that the creator of the blog kind of just disappeared.

Though, on the collaboration part, the problem is that the creator of the blog kind of just disappeared.
In that case I think you could make a new one, based in the op it seems there are more people involved in the verse (like @Lysairth) with which you could work together to make a good improved version, I feel it would be worth the effort as there is a great deal of potential among the scans in the blog and interesting things could come from it.

When will you do Cha Yeon-Wo profile dawg.
His profile has a lot of stuff to add, so I'll go with the easy ones first. I already have a sandbox for him until like chap 400-500, but it's lacking A LOT of stuff.

Dude is gonna be really overpowered though. Plot, information, concept, shit even more fundamental than concepts, etc...

The immortality is correct, but no, it's AE1 since they were stated many times to be the literal ideas, and were stated to be conceptual beings lacking any physical body.

The immortality is correct, but no, it's AE1 since they were stated many times to be the literal ideas, and were stated to be conceptual beings lacking any physical body.
Does their destruction cause the destruction of the idea they embody?

lacking a physical body doesn't necessarily mean their AE type 1(I think ?)

Pretty sure there are multiple cases of this, such as when Mother Earth was going to die, it was stated that all of life will cease to exist due to her being the concept of life.

Here's another instance.
Is she the concept of life on earth or life in generale? because It does look like living creatures are dependent on her but not the concept of life itself.(not sure)

Just read this
Type 1 for its true form, type 1 concept; Due to Nessie being a Transcendent, It's a conceptual being that can regenerate its body indefinitely.[2] Type 2 for its normal form: Nessie is a creature born from chaos and disorder, and due to it, it is unbounded by the laws of physics
What look like AE type 1 is the foundation or whatever is their source in this verse, while Nessi is just a manifestation(AE2) of it and can come back as long his foundation isn't destroyed.

She's the concept of life In general. She's also one of the higher ranked ones, as she's called a conceptual god. Was stated that if she died (or, well, annihilated, since death doesn't apply to them), she would've ceased to exist.

As for Nessie, the stuff doesn't really contradict it. Every transcendent were stated to be a conceptual being, a literal concept. I don't see why Nessie, who is also a transcendent, would be an exception.

(Interesting verse)
She's the concept of life In general. She's also one of the higher ranked ones, as she's called a conceptual god. Was stated that if she died (or, well, annihilated, since death doesn't apply to them), she would've ceased to exist.
look like their death is caused by their destruction and not the destruction of the concept they embody, that's type 2.

the complete erasure of what the character or the concept they embody ?
If the concept still exist then it's mid-godly.

As for Nessie, the stuff doesn't really contradict it. Every transcendent were stated to be a conceptual being, a literal concept. I don't see why Nessie, who is also a transcendent, would be an exception.
That is what an AE is.
unless he is independent from everything, he is just type 2.
Type 1: Exists purely as an abstraction. These characters lack a true physical form, and affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself, because eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars.
Type 1 can't rely on something becayse it's independent.
Physical manifestation doesn't necessarily mean tangible.

That seems like a really weird way to interpret it? Like, they are constantly called Conceptual beings, ideas, abstract beings, etc... mother earth IS the concept of life. Her destruction IS the destruction of life, since she's literally life. Regardless, they were stated to be conceptual, and lack any physical form, make avatars because their form is the abstraction itself, and fight mentally because they don't have a physical body. Hell, Mother Earth wanted to invade a body of a follower because she was a concept.

The way you interpret it is that you are going to the lowest end, instead of a rather reasonable one. Considering the abduntent statements of them being pure concepts, I see no reason why we should assume they are type 2 only.

That seems like a really weird way to interpret it? Like, they are constantly called Conceptual beings, ideas, abstract beings, etc... mother earth IS the concept of life. Her destruction IS the destruction of life, since she's literally life. Regardless, they were stated to be conceptual, and lack any physical form, make avatars because their form is the abstraction itself, and fight mentally because they don't have a physical body. Hell, Mother Earth wanted to invade a body of a follower because she was a concept.
Then I agree with type 1 for her and similar beings
The way you interpret it is that you are going to the lowest end, instead of a rather reasonable one. Considering the abduntent statements of them being pure concepts, I see no reason why we should assume they are type 2 only.
yeah, but their not the idea itself.

type1: the idea itself
type2: manifestation (not physical) of an idea and can regenerate from it.

Why, though? There was never a mention of them just simply being a manifestation, and the only off comment we have is the embodiment stuff which could also be interpreted in another way.

Honestly, many transcendents are pure abstractions, I don't see why Nessie should be different. Though, I'll just assume you disagree with AE1 in the vote tally. I assume you are fine with everything else?

Last edited:
Why, though? There was never a mention of them just simply being a manifestation, and the only off comment we have is the embodiment stuff which could also be interpreted in another way.
A= concept and B= character
B is the embodiment of A, then B is an AE type 2.
Honestly, many transcendents are pure abstractions, I don't see why Nessie should be different. Though, I'll just assume you disagree with AE1 in the vote tally.
Being abstraction doesn't automatically give them type 1(unsure). AE type 2 for transcendent and type 1 for their source.
I assume you are fine with everything else?
Agree with Expectro.
Self-Sustain Type 1, 2, and 3: Transcendents lack bodily function due to being concepts
This is unecessary , they are already abstract and we assume they have it by default unless proven otherwise.

A= concept and B= character
B is the embodiment of A, then B is an AE type 2.
There are multiple statements that they are the concept itself and they are fighting in that form, too.
Being abstraction doesn't automatically give them type 1(unsure). AE type 2 for transcendent and type 1 for their source.
Yes it does??? That's literally what abstract existence means? Unless it is situations where they are called abstract, but not really abstract. But that's rare.
This is unecessary , they are already abstract and we assume they have it by default unless proven otherwise.
Do we? If so, then that's fine to remove.

There are multiple statements that they are the concept itself and they are fighting in that form, too
Then I agree.
Yes it does??? That's literally what abstract existence means? Unless it is situations where they are called abstract, but not really abstract. But that's rare.
I meant if their abstraction comes from statments without enough proof.
Do we? If so, then that's fine to remove.
Yes, abstract, spiritual...being don't need to eat, sleep or breathe by default unless proven they need them.

Why doesn't Nessie have chaos manipulation?
It looks like the reason they affect laws is because they are a being of chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back