• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

pst magicant vs super sonic

speed equalized

whoooooooooooooooooooooo would win

Alright so I'll start some stuff, does Sonic have hax which he can use through thought?

Like, no matter what happens with body.

Alright so I'll start some stuff, does Sonic have hax which he can use through thought?

Like, no matter what happens with body.
Idk tbh. Tho his Fate Hax works really differently from Ness', as the latter just overwrites events outta the fate like they never happened, the former instead induces PIS to avoid a defeat from death.

I mean, tbf Ness's incap options are either affecting Sonic's mind assuming Ness knows PK brainshock, however Sonic resists it.

Super Sonic resists Ness's Paralysis as well.

The thing which is potentially reliable here is hypnosis with assumption that Hypnosis does not affects mind and basically goes "it just works".

The thing with sleep manipulation however, that it can't put you to sleep forever, in game it does only for a limited amount of time, and even with realistic look character still mostly sleep for at most 8-10 hours while 24 hours are needed for incap, if Sonic can do nothing with Ness either it'll pretty much be inconclusive.

If Sonic can do to Ness something however, it'll pretty much going to be stomp on his favor.

Issue is that Ness' PSI can affect to an extent Giygas, who is mindless on its own, other than being, you know, Giygas. Dunno how Sonic's resistances can help there.

Issue is that Ness' PSI can affect to an extent Giygas, who is mindless on its own, other than being, you know, Giygas. Dunno how Sonic's resistances can help there.
I mean... yeah but Giygas doesn't shown resistances to mind affection abilities, sure Giygas is op in terms of defensing from attacks when he can even reflect attack reflection. And sure he "doesn't have a mind". But he doesn't shown to resist mind affection either, furthermore it is stated that he is weak to it (Brainshock). I could probably say this is unconventional resistance to mind hax, for Ness it shows that he can affect stuff without mind by this, but it's not that high bar, there are plenty of "mindless" characters in Earthbound series because come on, it's Earthbound.

My main point here that Ness can affect objects sure, but what makes to assume he can overwhelm/negate resistance to it, without a demonstration of that potential negation? Plus looking at Sonic's profile Chaos Force is not only defends from mind affection but also can restore it in case if Ness would affect Sonic.

I mean... yeah but Giygas doesn't shown resistances to mind affection abilities, sure Giygas is op in terms of defensing from attacks when he can even reflect attack reflection. And sure he "doesn't have a mind". But he doesn't shown to resist mind affection either, furthermore it is stated that he is weak to it (Brainshock). I could probably say this is unconventional resistance to mind hax, for Ness it shows that he can affect stuff without mind by this, but it's not that high bar, there are plenty of "mindless" characters in Earthbound series because come on, it's Earthbound.

My main point here that Ness can affect objects sure, but what makes to assume he can overwhelm/negate resistance to it, without a demonstration of that potential negation? Plus looking at Sonic's profile Chaos Force is not only defends from mind affection but also can restore it in case if Ness would affect Sonic.
It's definitely a feat for Ness as you can't use mind hax on mindless stuff to begin with, but Ness managed to do so anyway. And you can also soul hax stuff without a soul in fiction too (see Sans' KARMA on Flowey to have an idea).

It's definitely a feat for Ness as you can't use mind hax on mindless stuff to begin with, but Ness managed to do so anyway. And you can also soul hax stuff without a soul in fiction too (see Sans' KARMA on Flowey to have an idea).
Probably but then again, there's like a difference with "defense from mind hax" and "there's nothing to mind hax".

Plus, again, if Sonic can't be defended Chaos Force apparently can still recover him (As well as Brainshock doesn't work in game for a long time but shhhh.).

I mean, it's not even a defense, it's straight up immunity because there's nothing to hax to begin with in the first place, but it still worked.

I'll ask to Sonic supporters however how does Sonic deal with this kind of mind hax.

The thing with sleep manipulation however, that it can't put you to sleep forever, in game it does only for a limited amount of time, and even with realistic look character still mostly sleep for at most 8-10 hours while 24 hours are needed for incap, if Sonic can do nothing with Ness either it'll pretty much be inconclusive.
sleep manipulation is not mostly a good option to incap someone who has type 3 SS.

good to know, just assumed because TOTU had Type 5 Acausality
Anywho, I think either incon or Ness takes the W, leaning more towards Ness due to being able to incap Sonic with Hypnosis
Then again, Ness's abilities doesn't seem to put down for so long. Which still makes me at least leaning incon if Sonic doesn't have a way to put Ness down.

Then again, Ness's abilities doesn't seem to put down for so long. Which still makes me at least leaning incon if Sonic doesn't have a way to put Ness down.
yeah... If Sonic manages to defeat Ness, he comes back since it that event just becomes a bad dream, so it's more likely incon (unless Sonic can put Ness down which I doubt)

Voting incon FRA

Last edited:
Back