• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Wow, Slendy just has a crapload of abilities doesn't he?

So uh... This is hard for me to say conclusively...

So, is it in character for Slendy to whisper and insta-kill? Does he instantly fight back the moment the "Victim" shows that they want to fight? Or does he just stalk around and play around with his victims first?

Knowing those things would help me reach a clear conclusion I think

The Wright Way said:
We don't know.
Oof

So Ness usually leads with either putting up a shield or debilitating the opponent with status effects.

It is likely Ness uses PK Flash which has the chance of OHKO, and apparently it would make Slendy open thanks to his weakness.

Ness might be able to fend off some of Slendy's abilities for a bit with his Resistance to Mind Manip. and Couragous Nature, and might be able to do some serious damage...

I do feel as if this is up in the air... I can't for certain Ness wins nor Slendy... (Mostly because we have NO clue how Slendy will act)

And Since I don't want to use an Arguement from Ignorance...

I have to say Inconclusive.

I think it's worth mentioning that Slendy's passive probability makes it likely that PK Flash will never OHKO and it'll mean Ness will miss a lot.

The Wright Way said:
I think it's worth mentioning that Slendy's passive probability makes it likely that PK Flash will never OHKO and it'll mean Ness will miss a lot.
Ok, so the only thing Slendy's passive probability says is that "Accidents would only ever happens when he is near" That is SUPER vague, and because of that it is easy to stretch it as such. It has no examples of what it has done.

What definition of or application of "Accidents" is being used? It may seem subtle and arbitrary, but it is important. His power could mean he causes disasters like gas leaks, car engine failures, etc. Or it could mean the person fighting him literally can't do anything because bad luck. Without a clear definition an easy equivocation fallacy can be snuck in, or a simple assumption that this ability is somehow combat applicable.

If the revision that I'm going to post probably later today or tomorrow gets through, Ness is going to have 2-C Probability and Fate Manipulaton to fight off Passive Probability. You can go ahead and check Chrisras wall. I won't vote yet btw. And remember that Ness starts off with Paralysis or hypnosis, Flash is a last resort since I'm pretty sure it requires luck to hit an OHK. Paralysis can incap Slendy and Hypnosis will just put him to sleep. Also, a monster like Slendy means Ness is definitely not going to back down, it's even possible for Flash to hit OHK since it has a high probability of hitting with omega, if it doesn't. Then other status effect will be induced in Slendy which are pretty deadly. I don't think it'll miss because Flash is not projectile based and nor is PSI in general.

Even if ness kills slender, he just becomes slender. Also slender's whisper will be used eventually, and i belive he does use it once right off the bat. Don't remeber which chapter but it may have his appearances throughout time. Also slender has been around since adam and eve so he would have the exp edge.

As for accidents, here is the definition: "an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury."

Yeah vague but could just make Ness trip, allowing slender an opening.

I'll do so in a bit, I've been really busy so I couldn't

Thank you very much (oh and @The Wright Way thanks a bunch for responding in it, I'll reply soon.)

Back