• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm probably going to have go with Ness on this one.

For starters, a good instant-death move pretty much nulls any regen below a certain level, and Ryuko's regen generally seems to fall in that category of not saving her from it..

Sleep and Paralysis are probably going to be major factors as well, being solid, effective ways to incapacitate due to lack of resistance. And the kid has a forcefield which reflects physical damage back onto his attacker, so even those zenkai boosts of hers are just going to end up setting her back.

Even in-character, it seems like the match just boils down to whether or not he can last long enough to OHK, and I honestly feel like he will.

Pretty sure he has PK Freeze, also. Pretty much does exactly what it says.

I don't know the exact nature of his OHK, though.

I'd like to know how exactly PK Flash OHKs before giving a vote, from its description it doesnt actually seem like an actual OHK, more like its just an extremely strong attack

@WeeklyBattles

I've play Earthbound myself and I've got a few OHK myself out of nowhere during the play.

However, it's a very low chance that it would happen and most of the time it's Status Effects Inducements that would come out of it.

The only way to get it work is by spamming it until it happens.

She's done in by PK Paralysis. He can either leave her there to die or spam PK Flash until he gets insta-death.

What im asking is what kind of OHK is PK Flash. From the descrption of the ability it doesnt sound like anything other than a powerful attack

The real cal howard said:
She's done in by PK Paralysis. He can either leave her there to die or spam PK Flash until he gets insta-death.
Do you know how PK Flash is an OHK?

Kellex said:
Oh, and @MrKingOfNegativity:
Only Paula and Poo have PSI Freeze in Earthbound, not Ness.
Ah, that seems like the truth. Thanks for clearing that up.

I mean, if he has paralysis and sleep, he could just go for the incapacitation route regardless. He doesn't seem like the kind of character who would kill a person while they're incapacitated/unable to harm him in any way. (Not factoring in the gameplay-induced instances of this.)

Sleep inducement would probably be a win for him, especially given the other factors.

Sleep supposedly lasts for "2-4 turns" in-game. I have no idea what that translates to in real-time.

Paralysis, from what I can tell, is indefinite unless something comes along and removes it.

For it to be used as a method of inca it would have to last over an hour

Would her regen allow her to heal paralysis?

Again, not sure how "turns" would translate to real-time, so I dunno.

I have no idea how regen would be enough to deal with your entire body being paralyzed. It's not damage, so there's nothing to regen from.

Dark and ArbitraryNumbers are listed as Knowledgeable on Earthbound. Maybe see if one of them can provide their own input?

Starryknight200 said:
Dark and ArbitraryNumbers are listed as Knowledgeable on Earthbound. Maybe see if one of them can provide their own input?
I'd like to say I'm pretty knowledgeable on Earthbound, so I'll probably know. Are you asking about the OHKO or the Paralysis?

Well, the OHKO is kind of vague, but it seems to be a regular attack that is far above Ness's regular limits. It's actually pretty common for a instant kill with Omega PK Flash. 40% chance to instant kill, 35% chance to make the enemies cry, and a 15% chance to paralyze. PK Paralysis, from what I know, makes it difficult for the opponent to move by making their body "numb." It likely cuts off conection to your nerves.

@Noah So...its not an actual OHK, its just a stronger attack?

Im not sure how much cutting off connection to the nerves would do to Ryuko considering she's half Life Fiber.

The kill depends on the enemy , it isva varying chance .

Cutting off nerves is not likely , that is headcanon , nothing even hints at that . 37.5 to kill , and not factoring the opponent .

I'm pretty sure PK Flash isn't a OHKO. It's most consistent attributes is making enemies feel numb or causing them to cry.

Also, keep in mind OHK's in Earthbound work a little different given the context. Outside of a select few bosses, they don't kill or even knockout their targets, they make them "tame". This is because most the random encounters are mind controlled. I think PK Flash moreso breaks that mind control, which is more consistent with the Mind/Emotion/Bodily hax it can perform.

At least, that's just my thoughts. I haven't played Earthbound in a few years.

Darkanine said:
I'm pretty sure PK Flash isn't a OHKO. It's most consistent attributes is making enemies feel numb or causing them to cry.
Also, keep in mind OHK's in Earthbound work a little different given the context. Outside of a select few bosses, they don't kill or even knockout their targets, they make them "tame". This is because most the random encounters are mind controlled. I think PK Flash moreso breaks that mind control, which is more consistent with the Mind/Emotion/Bodily hax it can perform.

At least, that's just my thoughts. I haven't played Earthbound in a few years.
Make a content revision.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
The kill depends on the enemy , it isva varying chance .
Cutting off nerves is not likely , that is headcanon , nothing even hints at that . 37.5 to kill , and not factoring the opponent .
We don't know the chances of PK Flash on Ryuko, so it's safe to assume that it's the regular chance.

Back