• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ness vs Monica Pinkston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirby seems to have superior advantages, but I'll wait for an expert of his opponent to appear before voting.

Yeah, I'm going to sleep soon, but following.

Just at face value I doubt Monica can withstand hax of Kirby's level, especially mind/Soulhax.

(EDIT): The more and more I look at this the more I think this is a massive stomp. Many of Kirby's hax doesn't operate on magic, and even then Monica lacks mental resistance feats.

Monica's not getting past Low-Godly regen, self-resurrection, attack absorption, etc.

I'd say Monica, unless Ness reliably opens with either Paralysis or PK Flash he gets annihilated with attacks that are 10x his dura (assuming he is baseline, haven't seen any calcs).

If Ness uses Paralysis/PK Flash as his go-tos, which I really doubt, inconclusive. Although Monica could resist them if they are magic-based.

Dargoo Faust said:
I'd say Monica, unless Ness reliably opens with either Paralysis or PK Flash he gets annihilated with attacks that are 10x his dura (assuming he is baseline, haven't seen any calcs).

If Ness uses Paralysis/PK Flash as his go-tos, which I really doubt, inconclusive. Although Monica could resist them if they are magic-based.
Ness seems to play at a defense side, starting with Paralysis or Hypnosis, and stacking some shields for protection, as well as healing from mortal damage. PK Flash seems to be his last resort, but not paralysis (which is instant)

What does Monica Pinkston start with? (Also, PSI is not magic nor a sort of projectile, It is psychic and can only be bypass if: You have a PSI shield or just have some resistance to Psionics) (iirc, Some PSI like Paralysis are instant)

WeeklyBattles said:
Monica does have a resistance to Psionic and she leads with spawning a shit ton of missiles
I don't see it in her profile, and the crap ton of missiles could be reflicted back only taking half of the damage to her thanks to Power Shield.

Monica usually starts by spamming projectiles/firing lasers/spawning bombs.

Wait, where did Monica's resistance to Psionics come from? She only resists magic, IDK if PSI would qualify as magic under verse equalization.

If that's true then it renders everything in Ness's arsenal useless and he can do nothing to her which sounds like a pretty big stomp to me

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Yes it would as the serpent's hand deals in psionics
They do, but that doesn't mean that it's magic. Nor have I seen them refer to it as magic.

The SH only ever stated that several of her organs have "inpenetrable wards", as in, she can survive potent magic.

Also, the SH in Apotheosis isn't the same SH in Extended Canon, btw.

Despite that, Earthbound doesn't treat PSI as a sort of Magic. Unless "verse equalization" is a thing or something that I am missing.

Spawn bombs in Ness`s head? In his profile, it says he delt with the Ghost of Starman, who can peform PK Starstorm. And even if it manages to hit his head, he can simply heal back to 100% and stack shields to reflect back, and cast Paralysis on her.

Ness' durability is 20 kilotons

Hes not surviving dozens of 50 kilotons cruise missiles being instantly spawned in his face

He scales to the Chosen 4 who can tank The Nuclear reactor Robot explosion, which is in the guide described it as "Nukes". Which should be 20 Kiloton.

I would say inconclusive, though. It depends entirely on who pulls off their attacks first, if Ness uses paralysis first, Monica is incapped, if Monica pulls off her attack first, Ness gets spammed to death.

I mean, that's a pretty heavy stomp seeing as Ness can't even hit her at that distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back