• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Needless Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Retired
Not misunderstand the name of the thread, its actually needed, but the verse to be revised its called Needless. Has been a time since the last time the verse has been revised, so I may be a little rusty, but the essence of the revision should be the same.

So as far we known, the verse rating is based in six main feats:

*One shotting Testaments (that for simplistics purposes, destroying a tank is used for reference) = 8-C

*Tanking a bunch of rockets = High 8-C

*Oneshotting a skyscraper = 8-A to Low 7-C (Currently the verse uses the high-end since the skyscraper destroyed are pretty big).

*Arclight's self-destruction = 7-C

*Creating a big hole = Low 7-B

*This nuke = High 7-A

Now you'll notice that currently characters have ratings that aren't justified, like High 8-C, 8-B and 7-A, that cuz it was a pretty old practice to give arbitrary ratings to characters are considerable weaker/stronger than those who performed the feats, a practice that eve I have done; other stats may also be poorly justified. There's other feats in between, such destroying skyscrapers' ruins and similar, but they have no calcs; but either way, is fair to assume that is along the tier 8.

SCALING

Now its up to fix the scaling based in only the 5 numbers from above:

*8-C: First key Teruyama (The one that directly performed the feat and from wich everyone scale off), first key Eve Neuschwanstein (Also performed the feat, although with a specific attack), Setsuna (Directly peformed the feat as well), Seto and Solva (These two are at least as strong as the others, but right now I do not recall any big difference in power).

*At least 8-C: First key and young Adam Blade (Stronger than Teruyama and Kafka. As for young Blade, should be as strong as second key Eve), Mio (Stronger than Setsuna), second key Eve (She is considerable stronger than before, she stopped the the members of the Pretty Girls Squad), Kafka (According to Saten, its considered to be a meanance to a young Blade), Hatfield (Actually, this guy is fine as he is now), Aruka Schild (She stomped Teruyama, Seto and Solva, although you may argue that her power helped).

*High 8-C: Riru Rokakuji (She was the one that tanked the bunch of rockets). Now, since she practially didn't fight during the entire manga there's no much reasons to scale it to others, but she is an Stigmata Needless and, if people agree, will be the baseline for scaling all the characters that were modified by the Seed of Eden what includes: second key Kafka, second key Uten, Ishiyama and second key Seto.

*Low 7-C: Third key Adam Blade (the one that directly performed the feat), Saten (Had brawled evenly against Blade), Strom (Saten stated that was the only one capable to defeat him aside of Arclight), second key Teruyama (Barely: he stood Blade's strikes, the same strike that splitted the skyscraper, but it lost a leg in the process) and first key Arclight (Physically comparable to Blade). In case that characters with the Seed of Even aren't allowed to scale from Riru, then they would have the "At most Low 7-C" rating, or alternatively, "At least 8-C, at most Low 7-C", in whose case, Solva may also have this rating in certain situations (Through the use of her metallic wings, she cushed clone Kafka in one attack).

*7-C: Arclight with his ultimate attack.

*Low 7-B: First key Saten when using the Fifth Wave, second key Saten, second key Arclight, Gido and forth key Blade. Now, there's a curiosity, Blade from the tier above (Low 7-C) technically tanked this attack, and although it clearly caused him more damage than the other Saten's attack, he was far from be defeated; I scaled him to his heat resistance due possibly facing an inconsistency (Like Arclight's ultimate attack being underwhelming), although is was never mentioned that he survived this attack because of his Forth Wave fragment. If this feat is not considered an outlier or something like that, then everyone listed in Low 7-C section will instead be rated as Low 7-B.

*High 7-A: The Second Christ (The one that tanked the attack) and Almighty Blade (Stated to be stronger than the Second Christ) are the only ones that scale to this.

I don't know the series but the scaling seems fine going by the descriptions but I have a question regarding this...

"but she is an Stigmata Needless and, if people agree, will be the baseline for scaling all the characters that were modified by the Seed of Eden"

Is a Stigmata Needless weaker than those modified by the Seed of Eden?

When Seto fought Kafka and Uten's clones they were comparable, although the bad ones ended up winning the fight (of course, they were virtually immortal even if Seto was stronger).

Any comment about turning every Low 7-C into Low 7-B based in Blade tanking the Fifth Wave?

Sorry, I had to step out for a few.

If the Low 7-C feat was casual and or they didn't struggle with it I don't see any major issue with them scaling to Low 7-B based on Blade's feat. If anything an At least Low 7-C, likely/possibly Low 7-B could work if you want to be safe.

Actually, now that I think about it, it would be better to simply be Low 7-B (although, still below the amount yield by the calc), since the Low 7-C feat that Blade did was made few arcs later than the Low 7-B and it was pretty casual, and he didn't receive any boost before turning Almighty, he only did gain a new power (in which case, Balde would lose one of the his keys).

Last edited:
The scalings seem fine. If the Low 7-C feats were casual, I don't mind the affected characters being Low 7-B.

Last edited:
Ok, the characters were revised already, I believe this thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back