• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Necroa Virus vs Kharaar Bacterium

Alright so which dominates the thing first?

I'd rather wait for Weekly/Dargoo on this one, they know both verses.

Unless I'm missing something, Kharaa has a two week incubation period, while Plague Inc. viruses can infect a lot more people in days.

While it's true that the Necroa has better infection rates, that doesn't necessarily make it the better pick in this scenario. Starting out with high severity and lethality even with maxed resistances is suicide in many Plague Inc playthroughs as you can be cured by the human population at any stage (although getting cured with max resistances takes years).

The Kharaa on the other hand benefits with a high incubation period as it stays under the radar for longer. It is also significantly harder to cure considering aliens with crazy superior tech took centuries to find something that could deal with it.

Problem is, Necroa creates zombies right?

What's stopping the zombies from killing the world even if the disease is neutralized?

Also the Necroa Virus itself has the weakest lethality out of all the plague iirc, since it requires the zombies to do most of the killing. So the lethality isn't that bad.

I'm just gonna change the battle local to earth real quick, cause everyone seems to be assuming that

Edwardtruong2006 said:
What's stopping the zombies from killing the world even if the disease is neutralized?
iirc your virus being cured but your zombies finishing off the human population doesn't really happen unless you've already killed off most the population

In a war of pure attrition, I'd imagine the Khaara easily wins thanks to it's capability to infect most multi-cellular organisms on any given planet.

Also, the incurable nature of it makes it far more likely to just outlast Necroa. It took a race of alien supergods hundreds of years to even find out what could stop it, and even then they only partially succeeded. Considering they probably had bases across multiple solar systems, it's safe to say that Enzyme 42 is the only thing that can definitely cure, and we got none of that shiz here on Earth.

Back