• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
For awhile it was accepted that Naugus fully created the Zone of Silence himself, entire universe of infinite proportions, but I decided to look into it and found that it's not really true.

First of all, the creation scans, from the beginning, they might sound convincing, but you gotta remember that all of them, including WOG one is from very early archie when canon wasn't as well established, plus that both Robotnik and Crystallized King Max are not 100% trustworthy sources, especially Max, who is not only not feeling well at that moment, but also was likely manipulated by Naugus into believing what he was saying, as well as Robotnik's "Inventor" might not be a 100% full on "creator".

Zone's true story, as Karl Bollers and Ian Flynn saw it is like this:

Naugus, bored with war between Mobians and overlanders, accidentally found a small pocket zone which he would enter to explore, leaving the Prime Zone, in that Zone, he would find his powers drastically enhanced to god-like status, to the point he heavily relied on power given by it, as noted by Mogul Himself. Thanks to ZoS's powers, he was able to expand the zone to infinite proportions, to the point at which it was large enough to consume Prime Zone, but would have it to be an extremely unstable realm as a result, due to which, after being banished here again, he would, using godly powers given by it, fuse it with The Void for increase in stability.

Not sure about you but it sounds good to me.

Last edited:
It’s been awhile since I’ve looked at Naugus’ page. His creation feat could be reworded.

Naugus still fully created the Zone of Silence as we know it, if it was originally defined as “small” or “smaller”. The ZoS would be rediscovered by Dr. Robotnik, who self-noted to have been mistaken of the universe being “of finite proportions”. It grew larger enough to consume the Prime Zone, an infinite size universe.

The wizard is still creating infinite space.

It’s been awhile since I’ve looked at Naugus’ page. His creation feat could be reworded.

Naugus still fully created the Zone of Silence as we know it, if it was originally defined as “small” or “smaller”. The ZoS would be rediscovered by Dr. Robotnik, who self-noted to have been mistaken of the universe being “of finite proportions”. It grew larger enough to consume the Prime Zone, an infinite size universe.

The wizard is still creating infinite space.
It doesn’t seem like it would change much because he still made it into the infinite zone we know, but I would rather wait for more staff.

I specifically noted that he found his magical skills to be massively enhanced here and only here, saying as long as he stayed here, he would be incredibly powerful, that's what was in the SATAM Show and it is still a thing in the comic, so yeah, no significant scaling in sight

Last edited:
There is also a WOG letters scan that further confirms it but I will need some time to find it, it also if I remember correctly gives Naugus Ressurection powers

I specifically noted that he found his magical skills to be massively enhanced here and only here, saying as long as he stayed here, he would be incredibly powerful, that's what was in the SATAM Show and it is still a thing in the comic, so yeah, no significant scaling in sight
Its already on his profile that he is stronger in ZoS than in the Prime Zone, which is why he is listed as 2-C while in there.

However, the Zone was already formed before Naugus went in to escape the Great War. Naugus couldn't have made it from within the Zone beforehand because the major plot relevant aspect of Naugus' character in Archie was that he couldn't escape the Zone of Silence on his own.

Sonic the Hedgehog issue #73

Sonic the Hedgehog issue #53

Last edited:
Its already on his profile that he is stronger in ZoS than in the Prime Zone, which is why he is listed as 2-C while in there.

However, the Zone was already formed before Naugus went in to escape the Great War. Naugus couldn't have made it from within the Zone beforehand because the major plot relevant aspect of Naugus' character in Archie was that he couldn't escape the Zone of Silence on his own.

Sonic the Hedgehog issue #73

Sonic the Hedgehog issue #53

I almost believed you, but still there is enough evidence to suggest two alternative scenarios, either that Naugus went in to hide and Then formed it, as Robotnik discovered it after Kodos was already gone, with Kodos being partially the reason Naugus left as seen in #73, or that he found and instantly went to reshape it, with ability to exit since Robotnik is stated to have sealed the exit, with Robotnik himself being able to escape thanks to a portal. In any case I don't see any reason for Naugus outside the Zone to scale to expanding it to infinite size, since there is far too many suggestions and sense in that he used ZoS's power to do that.

Last edited:
Back