• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu gets slain like a dragon (Natsu vs HoL)

Right, but this Natsu's flame aura is bigger so he would be able to endure another wave type hax like this. There's also a possibility that Natsu might able to eat the darkness and use it against HoL, but there's not enough evidence to make that a fact.

Natsu's power null responds to hax based projectiles and time stops. I don't think Natsu should be able to power null things that lack hax such as elements and such. I think that's a little too speculative to assume that Natsu can power null things he hasn't been shown to power null and his power null isn't exactly what I'd call consistent. There's been multiple times in the Manga where Natsu could have power nulled abilities but failed to do so. Although his power null is essentially a non factor, his mere presence should be enough to kill due to the AP gap.

" I don't think Natsu should be able to power null things that lack hax such as elements and such"

But Sting's Stigmata that he nulled was White Magic.

That's not an inconsistency with the ability, but with him not doing it. Which times are you referring to?

Sting's attack is also a sealing attack. Not to mention what Sting uses isn't light, it's White Magic as you said. Not an element, just Magic that's white.

That's not an inconsistency with the ability, but with him not doing it. Which times are you referring to? Cobra and his poison, Acnologia and his attacks, back in the Tatourus Arc he could have power nulled a lot of the abilities, even in the new Manga he's been attacked and hasn't been able to power null. Hell he couldn't even null Zeref's death hax at first, he needed to be saved by Igneel's scarf. His power null isn't something that's in his control, it responds to hax, not everything that's thrown at him.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Sting's attack is also a sealing attack. Not to mention what Sting uses isn't light, it's White Magic as you said. Not an element, just Magic that's white.

That's not an inconsistency with the ability, but with him not doing it. Which times are you referring to? Cobra and his poison, Acnologia and his attacks, back in the Tatourus Arc he could have power nulled a lot of the abilities, even in the new Manga he's been attacked and hasn't been able to power null. His power null isn't something that's in his control, it responds to hax, not everything that's thrown at him.
Thus sounds way more like CIS in him not even bothering to null it, than him trying to power null it and failing to do so.

CIS is when it's the characters fault. And you can't call it CIS whenever it happens more often than not. The power null isn't in Natsu's control, his power null responds to hax and hax based abilities, not everything that's thrown at him. His feats suggest that it's a random ability that responds to hax rather than Natsu's always being able to null everything.

I would say it's more proper to say Natus can only Burn Caster type abilities(Stings Stigmata and Zeref's death orb), things that have a clear form to burn but not action type abilities(Droy's Speed Magic for example) things that have no form.

Cobra- That was before his first showing of having the ability. In fact, I'm pretty sure he only unlocked being able to powernull after the first time he went Dragon Force.

Acnologia- None of his attacks were hax.

Tartoros- Which Abilities?

Zeref- He wasn't trying to null the attack.

100 YQ- Same as Zeref.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
CIS is when it's the characters fault. And you can't call it CIS whenever it happens more often than not. The power null isn't in Natsu's control, his power null responds to hax and hax based abilities, not everything that's thrown at him. His feats suggest that it's a random ability that responds to hax rather than Natsu's always being able to null everything.
Except there are several times where he's simply not done it even though he could. That's fault on Natsu, not indicating he can't burn it. He can very obviously do it at will, it's not something that happens automatically or subconsciously. As I've said earlier, it's not regulated to only hax based abilities, but things that have a form to burn.

So we're back to Natsu being stun locked via sleep manipulation, mind control, paralysis, fear manipulation... and now he can't even negate HoL's massive 0-100 healing. All of this and Natsu is still in a realm of ice that is so cold it burns all while fighting multiple opponents with large scale water and ice attacks.

Honestly sheer versatility makes up for the 6x AP gap here in my opinion. That and he has durability negating life siphoning magic which he can use on a incapped Natsu.

Back