• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Xanix said:
Tidus wins both. Ultima and Caladbolg are OP.
TSB might be able to block Ultima via technique negation and what makes Caladblog more of game changer then say the TSB would be?

They seem very well Balanced in my opinion, though I had to go to FF wiki because these ablities/traits weren't listed on Tidus's profile.

What's stopping Tidus from slowing Naruto to a crawl with Slowga before going for the kill?

Reppuzan said:
What's stopping Tidus from slowing Naruto to a crawl with Slowga before going for the kill?
Well Tidus's profile says that it slows down the actions of an Enemy. Is it specific ti just the enemy as in their physcal movements or EVERYTHING within an Area? Because if it's the former, then NAruto can still attack and Defend with TSB which are standby behind him even though his own Movements would have been slowed to a crawl for a time.

Slowga is outright Time Manipulation and slows down the target(s) directly. I HIGHLY doubt that TSBs can stop that.

There's also the fact that he has abilities like Delay Attack, which as it implies, forcibly delays the activation of the opponent's next attack to leave them vulnerable.

Tidus will be running circles around Naruto the whole time even with Speed Equalized.

Reppuzan said:
1.) Slowga is outright Time Manipulation and slows down the target(s) directly. I HIGHLY doubt that TSBs can stop that.
2.) There's also the fact that he has abilities like Delay Attack, which as it implies, forcibly delays the activation of the opponent's next attack to leave them vulnerable.

3.) Tidus will be running circles around Naruto the whole time even with Speed Equalized.
1.) Never said TSB stops time Manipulation, I said if Tidus only slows down the Target, then the TSB can still attack and defend if Slow or Slowga doesn't affect them Either, which it seems like it doesn't from your bolded statement.

2.) TSB aren't abilities that need activation. Minato even explains this, they are constant, on standby, etc.

3.) Can Slow or Slowga be maintained indefinitely? Becaise Chakra roars are Omni-Directional and have Large AoE.

1) Tidus can use it on any number of targets in battle, but I'll admit that he has never used it on an attack in-game. That said, he's still way faster and more agile than a slowed Naruto, who might as well be standing still.

2) They're constant and on standby, but Naruto still needs to think in order to shape and use them.

3) Slow + Delay Attack spam can continue for as long as Tidus has mana. If we go by game mechanics, he can use this combo at least ten times, during which time Naruto will have no chance to counter attack.

@Reppuzan

1.) Yeah, But if then can protect at least Naruto isn't getting One Shotted.

2.)So, Slowga/Slow also slows down cognitive functions? o3o

3.)That may be true, but at the same time if Slow/Slowga slows down cognitive fuctions as well instead of just movements then He wins because Naruto will be one shot. If Not, Naruto can still defend and attack with TSB. And I know that Caladbold bypasses Durability somewhat as it explained on the Wiki, but can he still Reach Naruto if he manifests Kurama's body? He's shown he can activate it Near instantly. That puts a couple meters of space filled with chakra between him and Naruto at the very least.

Like I said though, If cognitive fucntions are slowed down, Naruto Loses, if they aren't then Naruto is still in this. As for running circles around him, If Slow/Slowga aren't indefinite, his speed advantage would be spuratic at best depending on when he uses it and he might not be able to capitalize.

What's Tidus's range on those abilities? Say Naruto uses Clones to trick him like he did Toneri with him coming from underground, would he still be affected by them?

1) TSBs are automatic? Since when? Last I checked the owner still needs to control them.

2) Of course it does, it slows down all time around the targets.

3) Naruto never opens up a fight with Kurama's body. Tidus is more than willing to start a fight with Slow.

Tidus can cast his magic over several dozen meters at the very least. In addition, he has no known limit on the number of targets (but there are usually a limited number of foes in a fight due to game mechanics).

Reppuzan said:
1) TSBs are automatic? Since when? Last I checked the owner still needs to control them.
2) Of course it does, it slows down all time around the targets.

3) Naruto never opens up a fight with Kurama's body. Tidus is more than willing to start a fight with Slow.

Tidus can cast his magic over several dozen meters at the very least. In addition, he has no known limit on the number of targets (but there are usually a limited number of foes in a fight due to game mechanics).
1.) Ref. Naruto Chapter 669

2.)Not all Time manipulation affect cognitive Functions, can you prove his does?

3.)I Never said he did. I just said it's n Option.

What i meant is if NAruto is underground while the clones are fighting him, if he uses Slowga, would it affect the real Naruto who is underground?

1) Madara is clearly shown directing them with his hands. They didn't automatically respond to enemy attacks.

2) If you slow the flow of time around something, that means you're also slowing the rate cognitive functions work.

3) An option he won't have once time is slowed and he's sliced to pieces.

4) I don't think line of sight is needed. Besides, Slowga doesn't have a limit on the number of targets. To quote the game itself:

"Slows down the actions of all enemies."

Reppuzan said:
1) Madara is clearly shown directing them with his hands. They didn't automatically respond to enemy attacks.2) If you slow the flow of time around something, that means you're also slowing the rate cognitive functions work.
3) An option he won't have once time is slowed and he's sliced to pieces.

4) I don't think line of sight is needed. Besides, Slowga doesn't have a limit on the number of targets. To quote the game itself:

"Slows down the actions of all enemies."
1.) Minato: "They're not the activating from nothing type, but an always on standby type that undergoes a change in shape" (http://i.imgur.com/WhehUZz.png) <That's a pretty clear statement.

2.) Again, that hasn't always been the case in fiction, but I don't feel like arguing the point, so sure.

3.) Ok

4.) Is there any instance in game where he Slows someone whose presence he wasn't aware of?

Well, I guess Naruto Loses unless anyone else has anything to add, he has no combat against Slow/Slowga.

1) But Madara is clearly making hand gesturs to control them. If they acted automatically as you said, he wouldn't have needd to do so.

2) You're grasping at straws. If I slowed down time around you to the point that your reactions, movement speed, and combat speed slowed, of course your cognitive function will slow down.

3) Naruto wouldn't have a chance to go underground since the fight would start with something along the likes of:

Naruto: Shadow Clone-

'Tidus:' Slow!

Naruto begins moving very slowly.

Reppuzan said:
1) But Madara is clearly making hand gesturs to control them. If they acted automatically as you said, he wouldn't have needd to do so.
2) You're grasping at straws. If I slowed down time around you to the point that your reactions, movement speed, and combat speed slowed, of course your cognitive function will slow down.

3) Naruto wouldn't have a chance to go underground since the fight would start with something along the likes of:

Naruto: Shadow Clone-

'Tidus:' Slow!

Naruto begins moving very slowly.
1.) You misunderstood me. I didn't say or imply they acted out of the users control. I meant that there were automatic as in he's not activating them. They are a constant Jutsu that doesn't need activating thus the stopping the activation of a tech nique isn't applicable here.

2.) I'm just saying what i've witnessed in other fictions across the spectrum, but like I said. I don't want to argue the point.

3.) It was a scenario i asked about, not a assumption on how the fight will play out.

Back