• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto vs Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shanks of the red haired pirates said:
No for example he did not know that deva path wasn't using his powers because he couldn't or that he had 5 second intervals per usage of his power those are things he picked up by analyzing him.

Oh and finding out weaknesses wasn't the essential thing i was referring.I was referring to the strategies he came up with he's far superior to Goku in combat smarts but yes he would've likely lost he only won due to plot Kyuubi his smarts are note worthy in the battle regardless however
Hand to hand combat Goku>Naruto because he knows more fighting styles. Naruto knows only 1 fighting style if i recall, Goku can adapt to his moves if the fight goes on for long. For intelligents i wlll give you that but Goku isn't a complete idiot either as you say punch, kick, laser no he has been shown to analize his opponent when he fights and uses the environment didn't you read the scans from the guy above. Intelligents isn't the deciding Factor here either Goku has beaten people with far more intellect than him many times example, Piccolo , Tien, Frieza etc.

FuaadMohamoud said:
^ Yes it was non-canon but thei movies are what if's goku is still goku in these movies just put into what-if scenarios.......
Does that mean I can use Shin Budokai Goku's abilities aswell? Of course not, canon Goku is different from his movies/games counterparts.

Hand to hand combat Goku>Naruto because he knows more fighting styles. Naruto knows only 1 fighting style if i recall, Goku can adapt to his moves if the fight goes on for long. For intelligents i wlll give you that but Goku isn't a complete idiot either as you say punch, kick, laser no he has been shown to analize his opponent when he fights and uses the environment didn't you read the scans from the guy above. Intelligents isn't the deciding Factor here either Goku has beaten people with far more intellect than him many times example, Piccolo , Tien, Frieza etc.

Yes yes it is since it's the only thing they aren't equalized in and Gokus an average fighter that's about it.His battle smarts are mediocre to bellow it nothing worth mentioning.In any case Naruto out smarts him with sheer intellect ,clones and his move set

Yes yes it is since it's the only thing they aren't equalized in and Gokus an average fighter that's about it.His battle smarts are mediocre to bellow it nothing worth mentioning.In any case Naruto out smarts him with sheer intellect ,clones and his move set
Goku vs Tien was likely equal Goku only lost because he hit the ground first and Move set are debatable.

You sound like you're bashing him, he's not your "average fighter" you see, he's a very adaptable combatant and certain moves become inefficent after he's seen it once, and is even able to mimic moves also after seen it once, he also has literally his entire life worth of combat experience. He's also not that "stupid" , he doesn't have that much booksmarts, unlike Gohan, but he is a battle genius.

I'm not bashing him I'm stating the truth he's overrated af he ain't no battle genius . He's a simplistic character who uses the same formulas in most of his fights.And battle experience means nothing at all freakin Frieza trained for a few months and caught up to Goku who dedicated his life to training and was beating him to a pulp (garbage writting).

I'm not bashing him I'm stating the truth he's overrated af he ain't no battle genius . He's a simplistic character who uses the same formulas in most of his fights.And battle experience means nothing at all freakin Frieza trained for a few months and caught up to Goku who dedicated his life to training and was beating him to a pulp (garbage writting).
Here we go with the "stating the truth" and the "overrated" argument again... watch the series again, pls. Also Goku exploited Frieza's weakness by making him consecutively attack him, because he knew he could endure it, and Frieza's stamina will deplete, and Frieza catched up by him in terms of power, Frieza barely has combat experience, and yes, the movie was PIS, but that's not the case. Buu also lived since time immemorial but Goku catched up to him in about 30+ years, and he's now in the realm of Universe threatening Gods (weaker yes, but still within the same realm) who had lived for hundreds of billion of years...after less than 10 years from that.

And Naruto is Great but i am not here to bash any series i am here to debate you ignore all the arguments people say and write stuff about plot etc as if it has anything to with Naruto vs Goku.

Naruto was great up to like pain arc everything afterwards is decent to terrible imo.Thank god for the boruto movie however.Dbz up to cell arc has my respect the rest is just..no.And no I mentioned frieza because that literally disproves the experience argument that was used.I didn't ignore the points or arguments you provided however i pointed out the flaws in them and developed mine.The Goku > Naruto in battle smarts statement had no foundation to begin with.

Naruto punching out Obito was one of the worst writing in mainstream shonen history lol. pure PIS convenience with standard nakama speech. All major battle shonen have this stuff. Anybody bashing DB for poor writing should also be aware that PIS is present in every long running series. Nami dodging Enel's lightining, Urouge surviving Kizaru's kick without having armament haki...examples are endless

Obito is a garbage anti hero he was never a villain infact the 4th great ninja war was overall garbage . Don't get me wrong Naruto has its fair share of bs just not nearly as much as Dbz or bleach with Ichigo and his one move wonder for 500/600 chapters however

Naruto was great up to like pain arc everything afterwards is decent to terrible imo.Thank god for the boruto movie however.Dbz up to cell arc has my respect the rest is just..no.And no I mentioned frieza because that literally disproves the experience argument that was used.I didn't ignore the points or arguments you provided however i pointed out the flaws in them and developed mine.The Goku > Naruto in battle smarts statement had no foundation to begin with.
The fight with Frieza actual proved that Goku is Smart when fighting, he got beaten to a plup knowing Frieza power was decreasing and then he strike back at him when the time right. What is the point of all the martial arts experience in the world if your attack won't damage your opponent.

Goku trained for 2 days in the hyperbolic chamber which is equivalent to 2 years iirc him and gohan were in ssj1 which is > frieza to get gohan to ssj2

Frieza trained for a few months with someone weaker than him and gained power equivalent to SSGSS it's literally a plot hole.But I digress lol dbz has so many holes that people stopped caring at this point so no I disagree with that

The fight with Frieza actual proved that Goku is Smart when fighting, he got beaten to a plup knowing Frieza power was decreasing and then he strike back at him when the time right. What is the point of all the martial arts experience in the world if your attack won't damage your opponent.

In time power runs out obviously it's common sense how's that a notable achievement? Again my point stands he's a mediocre fighter at best

Please refrain from turning this thread into pointless arguing about which manga is better / less stupid / whatever, and stay on topic, please.

In time power runs out obviously it's common sense how's that a notable achievement? Again my point stands he's a mediocre fighter at best
How is that common when the user himself didn't not know their was a weakness in his form.

Battle smart is in a battle, 1v1 Fight is not a battle if i recall correctly, 1v1 is based on who's the better technician which is Goku, Goku is a way better martial artist then Naruto could ever dream of, and will loose because of that, and Goku is a Heavy h2h fighter so he wouldn't let Naruto rest for a bit or even do his techniques.

battlesmarts describes and evalues the capabilities of a contestant to come up with creative, controversal.outside-the-box thought or detailed tactic to give him the edge in a fight.

it does not refers to the literal meaning of the words in its origin forms as seperate things.

Goku

If they are both equal in all stats than yes this battle could go either way but I would give it to Goku more than Naruto.

Naruto is decent in h2h yes but he is certainly not on Goku's level and would need a large amount of distance in order to compensate and use his strongest attacks.

However since they are both equal Goku can meet his attacks head on with his own since Goku is just as good in the range department and with Shunko Ido he will always be able to close the gap and engage in melee were he is insanly superior, his sensory abilities are also superior and would most certainly allow him to negate most suprise attacks Naruto would preform.

Naruto's battle smarts lay in analysing jutsu and creating unorthadox ways to use them, while Goku's is in his ability to find weakness and using his sensory abilities.

In this respect Goku's overly simple moveset works to his advantage, basic energy blast don't really have a weakness to exploit same with most of Goku's attacks hence Naruto won't be able to find a weakness and his superior sensory abilities will allow him to see threw most of Naruto's feints.

Also Goku should have no problem blocking Truth Seeking Orbs since Ki is closer to Natural Energy than Chakra and Genki Dama can be done without help since he can gather from everything he just needs to ask from people (The one used against Vegeta and Freeza just used the energy around him not from someone in this sense it would be a Senjustu by Naruto standards)

Lejon123! said:
goku better hand to hand fighter then naruto LMAO go with naruto
well yeah goku has turtle style, kami style, and kiing kai style martial arts rolled into one unique style while naruto only has frog kumite Goku reks h2h

SaberLily015 said:
Also Goku should have no problem blocking Truth Seeking Orbs since Ki is closer to Natural Energy than Chakra and Genki Dama can be done without help since he can gather from everything he just needs to ask from people
Don't assume ki = natural energy. You can't prove that. Also, TSB is not allowed in this fight.

Genki Dama is the huge ball of energy he takes soooooooooooooooooo long to charge up right?

SaberLily015 said:
Goku
If they are both equal in all stats than yes this battle could go either way but I would give it to Goku more than Naruto.

Naruto is decent in h2h yes but he is certainly not on Goku's level and would need a large amount of distance in order to compensate and use his strongest attacks.

However since they are both equal Goku can meet his attacks head on with his own since Goku is just as good in the range department and with Shunko Ido he will always be able to close the gap and engage in melee were he is insanly superior, his sensory abilities are also superior and would most certainly allow him to negate most suprise attacks Naruto would preform.

Naruto's battle smarts lay in analysing jutsu and creating unorthadox ways to use them, while Goku's is in his ability to find weakness and using his sensory abilities.

In this respect Goku's overly simple moveset works to his advantage, basic energy blast don't really have a weakness to exploit same with most of Goku's attacks hence Naruto won't be able to find a weakness and his superior sensory abilities will allow him to see threw most of Naruto's feints.

Also Goku should have no problem blocking Truth Seeking Orbs since Ki is closer to Natural Energy than Chakra and Genki Dama can be done without help since he can gather from everything he just needs to ask from people (The one used against Vegeta and Freeza just used the energy around him not from someone in this sense it would be a Senjustu by Naruto standards)
Another thing to mention is the experience advantage. Goku has much more experience in combat due to him being older and not to mention that he's encounter several of Naruto's tricks before. Especially the Shadow Clone jutsu, which is very similar to Tien's Shishin no Ken tecnhique. It even has the same weakness, namely how Naruto divides his energy among the clones. Given that Goku can sense life energy, he'd be able to tell immediately which one was the real one.

Gemmysaur said:
SaberLily015 said:
Also Goku should have no problem blocking Truth Seeking Orbs since Ki is closer to Natural Energy than Chakra and Genki Dama can be done without help since he can gather from everything he just needs to ask from people
Don't assume ki = natural energy. You can't prove that. Also, TSB is not allowed in this fight.
Genki Dama is the huge ball of energy he takes soooooooooooooooooo long to charge up right?
It's been stated that ki is a natural life force. The Genki Dama may take a long time to charge, but Goku has the ability to fly out of Naruto's range or do what he did with Vegeta, solar flare and retreat to a distance where he can use it

Yojimbo1989 said:
SaberLily015 said:
Goku

Another thing to mention is the experience advantage. Goku has much more experience in combat due to him being older and not to mention that he's encounter several of Naruto's tricks before. Especially the Shadow Clone jutsu, which is very similar to Tien's Shishin no Ken tecnhique. It even has the same weakness, namely how Naruto divides his energy among the clones. Given that Goku can sense life energy, he'd be able to tell immediately which one was the real one.
goku is only a few years older than naruto.....

Yojimbo1989 said:
It's been stated that ki is a natural life force. The Genki Dama may take a long time to charge, but Goku has the ability to fly out of Naruto's range or do what he did with Vegeta, solar flare and retreat to a distance where he can use it
Chakra is also a form of life energy yet it is different from Nature energy.

Goku can fly, so can 6PSM and even 100% Kurama Naruto.

Yojimbo1989 said:
Gemmysaur said:
SaberLily015 said:
Naruto is a sensor and can fly too.

If this is indeed equalized, I don't see Goku winning at all.

Was it outside help if Goku collects energy from other volunteering people to create a Genki Dama? Can't he collect energy from other life (i.e., plants) or from the sun to create that attack? I'm just curious. Even though it has no effect against someone who is pure good, could it also hurt someone? I don't mean like kill, since there are others that survived from the blast like Vegeta and Frieza that made it out alive. Or was I overthinking this through? I already know how it works on the Genki Dama.

Why do people keep bringing up techniques if its hand to hand combat?

Naruto dookies on Goku if everything is equalized. Throws a punch and laughbly misses, Goku jokes about it and takes the hit like an idiot cause he couldn't see it coming O_e..

Zerzavyx98 said:
Why do people keep bringing up techniques if its hand to hand combat?
Naruto dookies on Goku if everything is equalized. Throws a punch and laughbly misses, Goku jokes about it and takes the hit like an idiot cause he couldn't see it coming O_e..
Both characters are equal durability, speed, AP etc. but both will be fightning in their strongest mode.

strongest attack=strongest attack ex. strongest kamehameha wave=tailed beast bomb rasen shurikens, (spirit bomb requires outside help, so it's not allowed, Kurama however is fine because he's part of Naruto's mode in a way and is internal)

middle tier attacks=middle tier attacks

weakest attack=weakest attack

Basically this to avoid quantity over quality of attack.

Formally speaking, Naruto can just keep using Rasenshuriken. Is that what you're saying?

Sorry, but Naruto is just too smart for Goku, he (Goku) can't win. I almost think this is a spite thread (because everything is equalized).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back