• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto has precog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Sage Mode gives you some type of Danger Sense

@Ryop when you make threads like these you should put them on the Questions and Answers Board

I think both sage mode and the Nine tails chakra mode allow for some form of extrasensory awareness. The NTCM allows Naruto to be able to sense negative emotions and intentions. The Sage mode has the superior of the 2 as it provides a form of "danger sense" as @LordGriffin notes

Precognition means awareness of the future. Has Naruto demonstrated this ability?

Would sensing when someone's about to do something negative be precognition?

Anyway, with Sage Mode he's just able to perceive opponents and attacks faster than him and that he cannot see or track normally allowing him to react to them accordingly.

Antvasima said:
Precognition means awareness of the future. Has Naruto demonstrated this ability?
I know this has nothing to do with naruto but would this be a showing of precognition https://******.to/watch/devil-may-cry-dub.n9kn/rl6or go to 6:14 into the video

Well according to the definition of precog, I'd say naruto's sage mode acts like precog: Precognition may be based on any number of factors; it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation, mathematical predictions, or through some unspecified magical or astronomical means, among any other number of abilities.

With sage mode naruto can sense as chakra moves throughout his opponents body and act accordingly. This is how he defeated the edo third raikage. The same would apply to the sharingan as it can predict an opponent's movement and the byakugan as it can essentially do what sage mode can do but it can see the flow of chakra instead of sense it. When Naruto gained the kyuubi's chakra he did get the ability to sense negative emotions which by itself should be considered an enhanced sense. Likewise when naruto gained six paths mode his negative emotion sense and sage precog sort of unified to allow naruto to sense Madara's shadows. Same with sasuke: his shar-rinnegan allowed him to see madara's shadows so that could be considered an enhanced sense.

Well, if the ability does not need to entail reading the future directy, I suppose that it may be acceptable to list it.

Isnt that actually mean the characters like Goku\Saitama\etc can now win against Kaguya(with Speed equalized)? since the main claim of peopleshere was that they cant win becuse they dont have pecog unlike Naruto\Saskue but now it turn out that Naruto either have precog,he dodge her attack with speed only

I do not know. Sorry.

Ryop said:
now it turn out that Naruto either have precog,he dodge her attack with speed only
i think u r forgetting somthing

he dodge her attack her attack via Danger Sense

naruto can predict the opponent's movements via Senses

+sm can tell where attack is going coming from and can sense attacks without the need to see them

+ he has threat Perception

kcm is faster then sm but naruto used sm cuz sm has Danger Sense

+here naruto dodge madara limbo clone attack

naruto can SensesLimbo clone which exist in another world

Goku\Saitama\etc cant Senses someone which exist in another world

since the main claim of peopleshere was that they cant win becuse they dont have pecog unlike Naruto\Saskue

wrong

the main claim was that they cant win becuse they dont have sensing ability like naruto

+kaguya stomped sasuke everytime

Naruto does not have precognition, it's just his sensing is very detailed in a sense that it can do more than just sense a persons chakra or emotions. He can also tell what clan you are from without seeing the person and obviously a lot more.

It's like an overall more diverse & detailed version of Spidey sense in that Naruto (& Sasuke in a sense also) is able to perceive (incoming danger) even from another world/dimension. This explains a few things about the Kaguya fight, Madara fight & a few others.

There is one frog that has clear & definite clairvoyants or precognition in the Naruto world; the chef toad whom saw & prophesied to Hagoromo of Naruto, the child of destiny.

From what I've read Naruto's precog is more akin to Uzu Sanageyama's ability to read/feel/hear people's muscles to aimdodge accordingly. It's not foretelling the future per se, just either guessing based on their emotions or sensing what they're doing very very quickly.

He shouldn't have precognition, it's just Enhanced Senses and that's it. He can't predict the flow of the battle with it.

Okay. I will adjust the page. Are there any other Naruto profiles that inaccurately lost the ability.

Naruto does not seem to have Precognition listed in his profile. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Well, Spider-Man has a battle sense that warns him of incoming danger. It has been defined as a mild form of precognition, given that his clone Kaine receives actual visions of the future.

I thought the wiki's definition of precognition falls in line with sagw mode, the sharingan, and the byakugan?

The byakugan can see the the chakra pathway system and can tell where the charka flows to predict an opponent's attack. It helps that they have a near 360 degree field of vision which might be considered an enhanced sense by itself.

Antvasima said:
Well, Spider-Man has a battle sense that warns him of incoming danger. It has been defined as a mild form of precognition, given that his clone Kaine receives actual visions of the future.
MR-20606-391216-10

That may qualify, yes.

Heatforce said:
The byakugan can see the the chakra pathway system and can tell where the charka flows to predict an opponent's attack. It helps that they have a near 360 degree field of vision which might be considered an enhanced sense by itself.
which really depends on the skill of a character, not the byakugan. character without the byakugan can also predict moves if hes a proficient enough fighter, even without enhanced senses.

seeing chakra pathways is just awareness. you could say the same for natural vision - you see the enemy, so you can predict his moves, right.

"which really depends on the skill of a character, not the byakugan. character without the byakugan can also predict moves if hes a proficient enough fighter, even without enhanced senses.

seeing chakra pathways is just awareness. you could say the same for natural vision - you see the enemy, so you can predict his moves, right."

Yes there are characters that have naturally good reflexes without having SM or a dojutsu, however, characters with good reflexes are still not on par - in most cases - with those that have these abilities. Think about how Naruto defeated edo Third Raikage or how Kakashi couldn't perform the Raikiri without Obito's sharingan. Usually the way those with the precog abilities lose is if their opponent is too fast for them to physically react.

In the Lee vs Gara fight: Kakashi knowingly utilized his sharingan so he could track Lee's movements, Neji did the same and activated his Byakugan:

http://*********.com/Manga/Naruto/Naruto-085?id=290291

Plus Momoshiki's Byakugan could see the "fate" of others like Boruto, but not himself.

@BarryAllen2.0 Can you give references for your claims?

Sensing Chakra in Naruto isn't anything Special Really, a skilled enough Ninja like the Kages can sense Chakra, even over vast distances without specializing in sensing. SM gives the user enhanced Sensory Capabilities and Danger Sensing capabilities above the norm:

Here are some scans:

0431-003

0555-013

In my opinion, what sets SM Sensing apart from regular sening (Danger Sensing not withstanding) is the clarity in which things can be sensed:

Naruto-2159995

Naruto-2159997

Naruto-2159999

Those scans still only seem like extremely enhanced senses, not precognition.

Perhaps I should close this thread, as it is not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back