• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto God Tiers Speed Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, more is still wrong. I agree with the OP that the calculation is wrong, but ...

If you use the framebyframe, you get an idea of the acceleration of the sword, where it goes from Toneri's hand to hundreds of kilometers in 0.01s, although it has a cut in the scene. And it expands by lowering the initial velocity.

As I said in calc, it would be interesting to calculate the speed of acceleration of the sword, since Naruto reacted to one of his first expansions and the fastest of them..

EDIT - And also, the sword only shows to be expanded until the moment where it grows in the Toneri's hand.
To say that she would still be expanding by the time he made his move and cut the moon, it seems like a downgrade. I think it's around 25 to 30 frames, so it shows its expansion.

USklaverei said:
I just do not understand why you changed the calculation in relation to the topic.
The original one in the OP was just an estimate - but I realized I was using a cropped down video of the event.

So I just remade the calc altogether.

Well, my version of the calculation has been evaluated by at least one calc group member.

If the staff members who have posted here so far agree with using it, I don't think we ought to wait too long.

Damage3245 said:
Well, my version of the calculation has been evaluated by at least one calc group member.
That only takes into account the math aspect of it, not the context from the verse its for.

That said, i'll wait like I said before. Just wanted to point this one out.

Calc group members commenting is always welcome, it's good that Ugarik has already okay'd the calc. It's pretty straightforward too, just a simple Distance/Time calc, with supplied frames from Naruto supporters. Literally the only thing anyone could bring to the table is qualms with the size of the moon, but it's bunk to try and calc the Narutoverse moon due to mass agreement on its incongruity.

Aernasilver said:
That certainly worked last time /s.
Also what context? Toneri shot his beam and Naruto dodged it. Nothing hard.
Technically Naruto just blocked it with his Chakra Cloak IIRC.

@Omimi; the Kep calc and Dodo calc are for a different moon. I'm assuming that the main Naruto moon is comparable to our own.

BlackeJan said:
Mack 2k? yeah no God tiers are not that slow. Basically Genins would be faster then them
Well, either the feat isn't as impressive as it was heralded to be by some, or Genin aren't as fast as they're believed to be.

The math is pretty sound, and the context accurate and accounted for, however.

BlackeJan said:
Well again I want to know how Damage got 58 timeframe in the first place
The 58 frames timeframe is outdated. I remade the calc using the full feat from the movie. The calc explains how I got the new timeframe.

On the calc

EDIT: I think I see why they used 11 timeframe. Looking at that video and all it takes to about 9 or 11 secs for the golden wheel to reach its maximum height

The sword extension sound is still going on as it cuts to Naruto. 5.29 seconds is a fine timeframe.

Damage3245 said:
BlackeJan said:
Well yeah we need Tata and Kep opinion on this
We need them to verify every single Naruto thread?
From the Editing Rules, not really but just a final evaluations:

• Before making sweeping or significant changes to characters or verse pages, please start a thread in the Content Revision forum first, so that the suggestions may be evaluated by the Staff and the community at large, to ensure that they are acceptable. The concluding evaluations must be handled by Discussion Moderators, Administrators, or Bureaucrats, who should make an effort to base their evaluations on valid arguments, not personal opinions.
But in Naruto's case, I think it is a good case to contact them because a lot of important calculations for the God Tiers, especially, of the verses were either evaluated by them, made by them, or their calculations were used a basis for other Naruto's calculations. In this thread's case, Tata evaluated and accepted a key calculation in the OP so it would be best to get his evaluations here.

In any case, I contacted both of them a while ago on their message walls.

M3X said:
Hey Damage, your timeframe was for the sword swing, not the expansio
No. My timeframe is for the expansion.

No, 5.29 seconds is the swing timeframe, not expansion. Can you link me the scene?

There is nothing to suggest that the beam has fully extended in 1:33:29

Damag's time frame wasn't for the sword swing,it was from the moment toneri had unleashed the attack up to 1:33:33

Using the time frame from the moment he unleashed the attack up to the moment he started to move it towards the moon is just fine and safe from any assumptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back