• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto/Boruto General Discussion Thread #47 (Part I Appreciation Thread!)

Lol that's even better, the Hawk has a speed of 108.333 m/s, that's nearly 3 times the speed we'd be assuming and it wouldn't even be contradictory lol

LordGriffin1000 said:
BMWFanboy said:
Seems like a double standard to accept sizes for other stuff like Seireitei based on statements but not for NV Earth......
This has come up multiple times, if you got a problem with it, make a CTR thread or ask why they are being used. I'm pretty sure they had threads discussing why.
I don't have a problem with the size of the Seireitei, I've a problem when you give it that size based off of one statement but don't do the same to NV Earth which has like 5-6 statements with no visual contradictions (unlike Seireitei)

> , the Hawk has a speed of 108.333 m/s

When diving yes. But not in horizontal speed. Unless you think the Hawk just dive bombed for 24 hours straight on its trip from the Sand to the Leaf.

Wait, these scans are of seperate pages, these don't prove it took one day, guess I'll have to read the novel

Also, doesn't seem like it took one day when in the same paragraph it's taking Sakura and Ino 3 days at high speed travel, unless the Author's tryna say the hawk is faster than Sakura or Ino, so either this Hawk is a Ninja Hawk trained for high speed intelligence delivery or it took more than one day

It does. Sakura releases the Hawk before she leaves for the Sand and it explicitly takes her and Ino three days to get back to the Leaf. Then when they finally arrive Kakashi mentions that the hawk arrived the day before yesterday, or two days ago.

They were rushing to the Leaf in order to deliver some vital information. So their only breaks would be stopping to do essential stuff such as eating or sleeping.

Also by the same token the hawk would also sleep, eat, and drink on its way to the leaf. So assuming it flew 24 hours non-stop is also a high ball.

Burning Full Fingers said:
And it's not Base Naruto, it's SPSM Naruto.
when they perform moon lifting naruto was in base so why are u saying its spsm?

and moon creation =/= moon lifting

+ we do accept here that base sasuke = base naruto no?

Then this makes it all the more plausible this Hawk is a Ninja Hawk. Given the urgency (and confidentiality) of the matter and the fact that Gaara himself would've left for Konoha, and the topic it concerns (Sasuke joining terrorists) it's highly unlikely they'd use a normal bird for the transfer of information

actually I think assuming that they took the time to rest in between and they were really trying to get back super faster. I am assuming that they traveled for about 16 hours per day.

gave me a distance of about 5,927 km.

But with the dogs they can talk and have obvious ninja gear around them. With the hawk its just a hawk

Actually only one dog can talk the rest just barked like normal. And the hawk also has its ninja gear, but it is a messenger hawk so it is simply meant to fly fast.

Toads which can use chakra resemble irl toads as well when they're small, only when they're gigantic can you tell the difference cus that's when they start wearing Kimono's and weilding swords. There's no reason for Hawks to be talkative or flashy, especially when transporting sensitive information their only purpose is to transport information quickly, unless ofc everyone in the verse is slower than a Hawk for repeatedly taking 3 days to cross Konoha to Suna

BMWFanboy said:
unless ofc everyone in the verse is slower than a Hawk for repeatedly taking 3 days to cross Konoha to Suna
Its not the first series to have much worse travel speed compared to their combat speed. Look at Pre-DBS Dragon Ball characters. Krillin was FTL but took hours to days to fly across planets like Earth or Namek.

Qawsedf234 said:
It has a pouch to hold a scroll, thats it. I wouldn't consider that ninja gear.
That literally is the ninja gear. That is like saying a guy with a sword does not have ninja gear.. what other ninja gear does a messenger hawk need.

None, because it isn't a ninja. Its a messenger hawk.

But this is off topic really. I'll save my arguments for whenever the planet thread comes out. For now lets get back on topic with Sarada and the Naruto/Sasuke stuff.

Why would it be like that when some of the fastest speed feats in the verse are raw movement/running speeds lol

And add to the fact that Naruto charas have been able to outpace sound in movement since P1. this basically comes around to the Hawk not being as slow as a real one

Might not be, but when someone enters the thread I don't think hawk debates are what they were looking for.

The moon was lifting due to the justu casted by the Sage, not them.

To correct myself, the Sage didn't cast the jutsu, but he did give them the chakra and symbols to cast the jutsu which is acknowledged here. The moon was moving away from the planet without any active intervention from either Naruto or Sasuke.

Back