• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naraku vs Rusalka Schwagerin

what does naraka start IC? Rusalka may play a bit but she does whip briah out fast and her weapons can be a pain

He usually likes to fool around IC.

Often this includes high level Illusions which attack the body, the soul and the mind simulatenously. In addition his Illusions are not interrupted even from outside interference (like someone grabbing the victim and assaulting it so he snaps out of the illusion). He can show them to multiple people at once and even mix them with real existing things.

Also a very often used thing is exploiting his very good battle teleportation (he was shown to teleport immediately before getting affected by an attack and also behind his foes)

He also likes to immediately go for Soulmanipulation on touch (interesting in combination with battle teleportation).

And he enjoys absorbing people. He often discards dozens of small pieces of flesh which all on their own can absorb people from the outside (which can be prevented with enough force) but more dangerous also from the inside. every piece of him is sentinent.

Oh and he usually spreads the entire battlefield with acid potent enough to melt mountains.

-

i have not accounted for his more high level stuff like sealing, erasing of existance etc. since IC he basically likes to toy around with his enemies at first via some of the methods i briefly described.

idk on illusions though rusalka can give illusions too tbf. Plus her mind resistence is pretty high though idk the relevancy

She is very resistance to soul attacks that it is a basis for everyone in LDO

She won't let her guard down so easily and well acid she can regen tbf.

Tbf her toying around is using yetzirah but after a bit she can just go briah in as the next move and if naraka get's caught that's going to be an issue tbh

naraku managed to soultwist someone who previously resisted soulmanipulation, proving he can at least briefly affect people with resistance to it - albeit they will surely be able to break free. but it should give him wiggle room, shouldnt it?

yeha acid is not really useful. the things i mentioned just are stuff he regulary does so you get a better grasp on how he likes to begin confrontations. with at least low godly acid doesnt matter, thats true.

-

can you explain briah to meh? it sounds like the enemy gets transported to another space where she has control is that right?

Well maybe...i mean her soul resistance is pretty potent though we need to know the comparibility of the one naraku soul twisted

Briah is reality warping her desires to real life. Her briah in to use her shadows to drag everything down so she can completely restrain naraku's moments and make him stop breathing completely. And to assist with capture, Rusalka is capable of transforming her shadow into massive monsters or fang-covered tentacles to envelop her foes. She is even able to devour her foes' souls whole to prevent them from ever escaping her grasp.

The soul was from Kagome, a reborn spiritual priest and the MC of the series aside from InuYasha. Her soul was confirmed to be extraordinary large. At one point she resisted soulsteal via automatically errecting a barrier, at another point her soul got sucessfully stolen and she managed to steal it back, in another instance her soul was stolen and stored in a pocket dimension (Kannas mirror) and her soul automatically returned to her. Her original fate was to become part of the Shikon Jewel itself.

These are pretty good feats in terms of soulbased attacks and resistance in my eyes. Naraku managed to soulmanipulate her nontheless.

-

Naraku does not to breath tho. His body consist of miasma. He has no blood or need for oxygen. Where does Briah drags someone down too? Because Naraku is immune to any form of BFR - even dimensional ones. And his resistance to Mind and Soulmanipulation are similar if not higher than Kagomes in the first place, since he is completely bound to the Jewel himself.

i mean...rusalka has over 1000 souls and above to deal with so there is that

I figured however these shadows will soul RIP and are not BFR based as they just consume the souls of its victims right there and then plus its comparable to LDO members which like i said have at the BARE minimum of 1000 souls but are likely to be far higher

sometimes quantity beats quality. having to soultwist 1000 souls is nothing naraku showcased. im very certain he could do so with enough time, however rusalka would at least understand and comprehend what is going on when he starts and not give him any. so naraku soulmanipulating is likely not an option for him.

if its a simple soulrip then naraku is immune to it - not only has he barriers which prevent soulbased attacks in the first place (he withstood kikyous soulstealers. kikyou herself needs to steal souls to keep on living) but by EOS he has bound his soul to the shikon jewel. the shikon jewel is not a device formed out of materia but was created by fusing two souls together. he stored his soul inside of it, aiming to replace the original souls.

i mean i don't remember if its basic soul ripping though again ppl like her are capable of being affected by it and like i said those ppl have 1000 souls and above. Also she is capable to ripping multiple ppl souls out with her devices like iron maiden getting like 10 ppl = 10 souls or something like that AFAIK

sure, but the question is whether or not she has affected people who had defense against it or who did not had their souls in their body (so to speak). by what we have both described here, neither of them would be affected by the others mind or soul manipulation - out of differring reasons. just hitting really hard would likely also not work, seeing how they both are in the godly regen level.

is she resistance to being dimensionally sealed / BFRd?

actually she can affect ppl resistance to soul manipulation like i said LDO are resistant yet she still affected them and so do they. I vaguely remember something from alrfy but i must double check

No she isn't however that's he pulls it out quickly as i said after yetzirah she would go briah as her next move

well have they shown actual resistance or do their resistance stems from having multiple souls? if its actual resistance, how could we quantify them? the yasha verse has a very strong emphasis on souls - with the soul consisting of 4 different "ingredients", and even things like stones having souls. they even distinguish between soul and life force, meaning even without soul its possible to exist and be able to function.

if all things go competely down south, naraku has inverse made preparations what happens when he dies - which was sealing the opponent with him inside the jewel (dimensional bfr in a timeless/spaceless void) - where he would ressurect. that alone pretty much guarantees him at least an "inconclusive" in any matchup against someone who has no way of dealing with such a thing.

is she resistant to petrification?

true though like i said very hard to do due to the amount of souls she has to protect. She isn't resistant to petrification afaik and well so is there a way to stop him from ressurecting? Also how does the sealing work as in range?

the sealing i described is just the very endgame sealing, since it seals in a space outside of regular space and time in a different dimension. its kind of his last resort sealing in times of death.

another very potent form of sealing is literally just looking at the opponent:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iygQVEX3s6U/Vmt-C7tG4BI/AAAAAAAXPEw/BtYHIio5aT0/w1900/17.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rrzQRdpMFD4/Vmt-DatfQiI/AAAAAAAXPE8/aweVQO5WjHA/w1900/18.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-P1wciYH7j5g/VmtxWP4aVUI/AAAAAAAXKCQ/tLNCCNBKtKM/w1900/17.jpg

this specific feat was performed by magatsuhi, who at that time portraied the evil part of the shikon jewel. later naraku took over that spot (like he took over everything in the verse).

he also has other forms like blood and shadow sealing. but sealing ones powers with a mere glance is frightening in its own right.

-

in terms of petrification, naraku turned a several hundred meters tall formation shaped like an ogre and made out of rock to live and the insides of said rock to a pit of acid with a gesture on panel - assuming he could do the same, turning live to rock, would be very likely.

hmmm impressive though i think this will land in inconclusive tbh while naraku has all the variety rusalka has the potency and soul hax and resistance to pull a win however naraku still can pull through too so yeah incon due to their haxes can kill one of the other

yeha in the end, the way we imagine the fight to go all boils down to our own subjective headcanon. with all these numerous factors for offing each other inconclusive might be more appropriate.

i vote incon as well then

well not in terms of actual counted vote but i think the reasoning we both brought forth should warrant an incon also in my eyes - if some other people like to vote they know we both are on the same page

just gonna bump this one:

Naraku: 0

Rusalka: 0

Inconclusive: 2

current standings. while my vote doesnt count i argue for inconclusive as well.

vel voted for your reasoning which seems to lean to incon so maybe that would be moved? idk eh

alright. i guess someone should edit the profiles and this thread could be closed if no one adds anything new

Back