• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizei Soul-Steal

Anyone who is reading the story is aware of the soul-steal power of the demons,

even the fodder red/grey demon are able to instantly take the soul of people away,

but the problem is that the 10C's are able to do it too if we scale them, only 1 so far demonstrated the power to take a superpowered persons soul away,

the 10C or other demons didnt do it on holy knights.

to make a long story short: should we propose a ban similar to nen-crush, conquerer haki, reiatsu crush, genjutsu on the soul-steal hax of the NNT chars (at least for the ones where we dont have usable feats )??

afterall they could potentially solo any enemy who didnt show soul-hax resistence (which makes fights really boring :/ )

Hmm if even fodder red/grey demon can do it, i don't see why the strongest demons the 10C however can't only melascula has been shown to be an expert in soul manipulation, the rest can all eat souls, now correct me if i am wrong didn't galan take out ban's at one point but i think he had to touch him or something? It could just be that melascula is so good at it she doesn't even need to touch people while the others have to touch people?

^only melascula showed the ability to take out others souls with a touch (i guess the touch and the black sphere are needed for people with very strong magical powers): http://********.me/manga/nanatsu_no_taizai/v19/c145/11.html and here is escanor: http://********.me/manga/nanatsu_no_taizai/v19/c150/7.html

and she can do it on a town scale with ordinary people too...

but if red/grey can do it on people without touching than surely 10C can do too,

in-story holy knights are protected (which is why they arent getting their souls eaten), mostlikely thanks to having more magical energy,which isnt easily usable in verse battles,

for example: galan vs metal bat (from OPM), could galan simply eat his soul? metal bat never showed resistance to this kind of stuff, even saitama never showed any kind of protection against soul-hax,

would we now say that demons cant eat their souls because they are like holy knights? or will their souls be affected like with the citizens who dont have magical energy?

^wow, totally missed that part, thanks,

but that would mean they can take anyones soul with a single touch...i guess this means we cant ban it?

NNT will solo a lot of enemys if that is the case :/

Does Soul Manipulation work like something like reiatsu crush in the first place?

About NNT characters easily beating others because of their Soul Manipulation, it depends if the opponent has resistance to it or if the user in question prefers using it in character.

@burning

not really, it isnt a area of effect attack but it is a one-shot hit that potentially all demons can use, the problem comes from the fact that holy knights/sins are protected to some extend which forces the demons to touch their victims,

otherwise they can simply steal souls even over a range of a whole town, which makes this a problematic power since a big part of fictional chars dont have any protection, ergo, they should get their soul eaten without any way to protect themselfes (like how reiatsu/nen-crush could kill the enemys with little effort of the user)

that is why i proposed a ban on this power since it could be used to one-shot a lot more powerful enemys, for example: red demon vs toriko-chars, despite the big stats gap the red demon would still win thanks to the soul hax and toriko-chars never showing resistance :/

This shouldnt be banned: hax is meant to overcome the AP gap. Reiatsu crush and genjutsu work via in-verse mechanics, its not the same as regular soul manipulation. Its hax, and thats it. We cannot ban every hax out there only because its too powerful for the tier.

Side note: about toriko being soulhaxed by the demon: to remove toriko's soul you'd have to overpower the demons lurking inside of him as those spirits wont let anyone mess with toriko's soul (toriko's inner world is the representation of his soul interacting with the others, toriko has 2-3 more souls).

Back