• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nabu Low 1-C Upgrade

I am hesitant to say that Nabu (On Earth) is comparable to Godheads. We would need to discuss how "Boomtube effect" applies in this scenario. On Earth, it only took the Ruby of Life plus Mordru's power to rip the universe in half split among different people to contend with the lords of order.
I'm kinda with this. Once in the material world its very rare for people to have full on Tier 2 or 1 statements. I think this idea
I still think it's fair to make 2 Keys which Antvasima suggested earlier: Emanation (Nabu), and True Form (Nabu). We can rate the former as 2-A and the latter as Low 1-C.
Isn't to bad too be looked at.

"I'm kinda with this. Once in the material world its very rare for people to have full on Tier 2 or 1 statements. I think this idea"

Except these in the very same issue. Pretty much as explicit as it can get with how they reference crisis-level events.

(Btw, I still think that my earlier comparison should remove concerns like these)

I still think it's fair to make 2 Keys which Antvasima suggested earlier: Emanation (Nabu), and True Form (Nabu). We can rate the former as 2-A and the latter as Low 1-C.
So should we apply this then?

Okay. I will unlock the Doctor Fate page then. Tell me here when you are done.

Also, should I unlock any other pages for you as well?

Mordru deserves to be upgraded too, since he's also a Lord of Chaos and all the reasoning given above applies to him too, but this also means we should give him two extra keys like we're doing with Nabu. Can't think of anyone else who scales though.

Mordru deserves to be upgraded too, since he's also a Lord of Chaos and all the reasoning given above applies to him too, but this also means we should give him two extra keys like we're doing with Nabu. Can't think of anyone else who scales though.
Okay. I will unlock his page as well then. Tell me here when you are done.

That should suffice.

I'll be adding citations to the page later today.
Okay. I will unlock his page as well then. Tell me here when you are done.
@Firestorm808 @Hykuu

I'm against it 100%. We don't scale characters that way from what I remember especially when they defeat superman via kryptonite,red sun or magic.
Superman may've been said to be "vulnerable" to magic, but he's not just not specifically vulnerable to it, but still resists it more than average Joe, often taking potent magical attacks. If he was vulnerable or had no resistance to it, he would die

Yeah superman also resist's magical attacks countless of times infact but we know his still vulnerable to it so anyone defeating him via magic shouldn't be used to scale them above him. Maybe some exception may be given but I don't think it's right to scale magical characters defeating him as a credible thing cause I see no difference with this abd kryptonite or red sun.

@Antvasima How does the page look now?
It mostly seems fine to me, with the exception of that you included defeating a Superman copy with magic.

Maybe "Possibly limited Power Mimicry" would be fine?

Well, I think that it was done via raw power.

The scan says he can "approximate" Superman's powers. How should we interpret that?
The link doesn't work so I just replied on what you typed about replicating superman powers.
But approximating should deal with something with analysis but antvasima proposal also works well I guess.

Magic isn’t
It is. He takes more damage from it, it regularly breaches his durability and he has no resistance to a decent swath of magical abilities. People confuse weakness with something like an active debuff when it's not. Humans are weak to swords and bullets, but neither emit human killing radiation. We just aren't tough enough to resist a claymore slicing us in half.

Okay. Thank you for helping out.
  • Justice League of America Vol 1 #37, August 1965
    • Fate says his magic will help him approximate Superman's powers.
    • Fate grabs and hits Thunder-Bolt against a ship's anchor.
    • Fate breaks out of a folded anchor
  • Justice League of America Vol 1 #38, September 1965
    • Fate says he not only has to duplicate the fake Superman's powers but top them too.
    • Magic protects fate from Fake Superman, and nothing can protect Superman from his magic.
    • Fate's wizard fist hits Fake Superman with telling effect. Fate knows that Magic is a weakness of Superman so he dished out a big helping of it with his attacks.

Well, if Doctor Fate was stated to exceed the power of Superman, that is probably fine to scale from in itself, but 1965 was long before Superman reached his height of powerful feats.

Back