• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mythology Heracles/Hercules Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took 13m/s arbitrarily for speed. I first got the total area of both countries, added them and multiplied by 840m (elevation taken from [[1]]). That gave me the volume. The total mass was calculated with density of Earth being 5.5 g/cc.

At this speed, the feat would take like 1000 seconds or approx. 18 minutes.

Fair enough

What begun as a downgrade has seemingly turned into justification for Heracles being Island level lol

Wyvern7600 said:
I first got the total area of both countries, added them and multiplied by 840m (elevation taken from [[1]]). That gave me the volume. The total mass was calculated with density of Earth being 5.5 g/cc.
This metod is flawed as it doesn't take in consideration France, which by being directly above Spain would have had to be moved too

Overlord775 said:
Wyvern7600 said:
I first got the total area of both countries, added them and multiplied by 840m (elevation taken from [[1]]). That gave me the volume. The total mass was calculated with density of Earth being 5.5 g/cc.
This metod is flawed as it doesn't take in consideration France, which by being directly above Spain would have had to be moved too
And Portugal and (snicker) Andorra, don't forget about them :p

Though I feel like calculating the whole mass of Europe (since if we go with the idea that he not only pushed the Iberian Peninsula but anything that was connected to the peninsula as well) would be a little too much work

So if we are including everything connected to the Iberian peninsula in this, we might have to include not just Europe but Asia as well. Wikipedia mentions that in the modern sense of continent, Eurasia is easily identified as one. The boundaries between Asia and Europe are based only on cultural/historical reasons, they say.

I will try to calculate the KE of moving Eurasia and Africa then.

Well there are different continental systems, sometimes Europe and Asia are united into Eurasia (we consider them separate over here in Europe), North America and South America are united into America (which is how it is in most countries outside the USA). Technically Africa is connected to Asia as well, so it's a bit iffy.

I personally thought filling the space in the Strait of Gibraltar and calculating the AP needed to destroy that filled space would be more fitting. It will lead to less overly high numbers.

One thing that I don't understand is that his mortal form's durability is currently rated Island level with the explanation "Survived arm wrestling with his father who is as strong as him". This doesn't make sense since Zeus is High Universe level.

I guess they meant Zeus was using the same level of strength as Heracles' mortal form?

Did the arm wrestling happen before Heracles died and entered Olympus? I don't remember

Overlord775 said:
Are you sure that means Zeus and not the human that raised Heracles ?
Unless the human that raised him was capable of pulling continents together then I think it's referring to Zeus. Whether that's correct or not is up for discussion.

Google: Average Elevation of Morocco - 909 m. Google: Average Elevation of Spain - 650 m. Average Elevation Above Sea Level (909+650) / 2 = 779.5 m. Google: Strait of Gibraltar (Mean Depth) - (1198 ft) 365.1504 m. Total Average Height = 779.5+365.1504 = 1,144.6504 m. [or 1,144.5 m using approximations]

Strait of Gibraltar : Length: 58 km, Western Width (Cape Trafalgar (north) and Cape Spartel (south)): 43 km, Minimum Width (Point Marroquí, Spain and Point Cires, Morocco): 13 km, Eastern Width (Pillars of Hercules; Rock of Gibraltar, Either Mount Hacho or Jebel Moussa (Musa)): 23 km.

The Strait of Gibraltar is a fairly odd shape, but someone could try and get an area, apply the total height, and calc a destruction value from that. [The 43 km, 13 km, and 23 km all appear to be approximations since Britannica also lists the mean depth as (1200 ft) 365 m].

StraitofGibraltarOverhead

{The Area in Question ~>}

Did not know you could do that.

So 1500.41 km^2 = 1,500,440,000 m^2

V = 1,500,440,000 m^2 * 1,144.6504 m = 1.71748e+12 m^3 * 1e6 = 1.71748e+18 cc

Fragmentation: 1.71748e+18 cc * 8 J/cc = 1.37398e+19 J (High 7-A / Large Mountain Level+)

Violent Fragmentation: 1.71748e+18 cc * 69 J/cc = 1.18506e+20 J (6-C / Island Level)

Pulverization: 1.71748e+18 cc * 214 J/cc = 3.67541e+20 J (6-C / Island Level+)

Edit: I got 1644.37 km^2 when including the bay? (I think it's called that). [Doesn't change a whole lot]

V = 1,644,370,000 m^2 * 1,144.6504 m = 1.88223e+12 m^3 * 1e6 = 1.88223e+18 cc

Frag: 1.88223e+18 cc * 8 J/cc = 1.50578e+19 J (High 7-A / Large Mountain Level+)

V. Frag: 1.88223e+18 cc * 69 J/cc = 1.29874e+20 J (6-C / Island Level)

Pulv: 1.88223e+18 cc * 214 J/cc = 4.02797e+20 J (6-C / Island Level+)

GoogleMeasureGibraltar

v. frag or pulv work best imo, since from a "realistic" point of view, Heracles left nothing from whatever was standing in his way

I'd go for V. Frag or maybe an overall average of the three.

Avg (1500.41 km^2): 1.66595e20 J (6-C / Island Level)

Avg (1644.37 km^2): 1.82576e20 J (6-C / Island Level)

I also agree with V. frag, plus even the normal frag is dangerously close to Island level.

I didn't know it that applied since he just dished out the hit and didn't tank it. But I'm game for applying it to durability also.

ChemistKyle89 said:
I didn't know it that applied since he just dished out the hit and didn't tank it. But I'm game for applying it to durability also.
Newton's third law dictates that your physical punches scale to your durability, as every action has an opposite reaction of equal magnitude AKA your striking strength scales to your own durability by default unless shown otherwise (AKA if the force of your own punch doesn't shatter your arm, you scale).

As long as you are sure that this has been applied, I can close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back