• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: Fixing the low tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing: All the foals scale to Small Building level via this calc. The calc, however, uses granite, when the destroyed material is pretty blatantly soil. The results vary depending on if you used the low, mean, or high end of soil pulverization (0.2, 0.7, and 1 joules/cc respectively). Either way, the results get knocked down to wall level.

The calc also has a comic explosion that was calculated at megajoule level, though ground level formula would be better. Given the door was completely obliterated, we might find something with inverse square law, but for now, it's stuck at higher-end wall level.

Furthermore, Rockhoof in his scrawny form should lose all scaling. No small building level, no wall level, no nothing. The guy supposedly failed to lift an axe out of a stump. There are zero reasons to scale him to anything or anyone. It doesn't matter what the average strength for a verse is. Weaklings can exist, and if they are portrayed as below average such as struggling with feats that aren't even street level, they should be given the appropriate tier.

Lastly, all foals should lose scaling to 8-A scaling. Only adult ponies have taken hits from Spike's fire breath from what I've seen. It doesn't matter if Spike is a kid like the foals, there's no way of knowing if Pony children are comparable to Dragon children without any feats, and without any of that, I don't see any reason why the foal profiles should scale to him. See this comment for my updated opinion on the subject. The short version is: As long as there's a usable clip for scaling, I think 8-A is fine, which I believe I got.

I've also seen foals with Class K lifting strength. Something only adults have done. Unless there are appropriate feats, I see no reason to scale the foals to the adults. They should be knocked down to Superhuman like Sweetie Belle.

Last edited:
Without a time frame making those holes isn't a noteworthy feat. A regular guy could dig those holes given enough time.

That's the problem: We don't. No time frame for two big holes means we don't know how much dirt he was moving. Could've been minutes, could've been hours.
What about Rockhoof digging a small trench moments before transforming? Does that mean anything?

RIP

But anyway, this is reasonable.
Hmm, well, actually, Starbrandfan just showed me a clip of Spike getting rammed by Snips hard enough to grunt in pain. And he was shown rubbing his head after getting knocked over by them seconds later. So maybe the foals do have a scaling feat. Frankly, that's all I wanted to see. It was really weird seeing the foal profiles scale to him without much reason or a clip.

Rockhoof's current rating, the lifting strength, and Small Building level still need to be fixed though.

Last edited:
Hmm, well, actually, Coolboy just showed me a clip of Spike getting rammed by Snips hard enough to grunt in pain. And he was shown rubbing his head after getting knocked over by them seconds later. So maybe the foals do have a scaling feat. Frankly, that's all I wanted to see. It was really weird seeing the foal profiles scale to him without much reason or a clip.

Rockhoof's current rating, the lifting strength, and Small Building level still need to be fixed though.
Uhhhh….. i didnt show that clip to you. Someone on discord did

This seems fine to me.
Right so, just to recap everything I think is accepted: Rockhoof should be Below Average Human via failing to dislodge an axe. The foals should lose Class K scaling, should have their 9-A knocked down to 9-B, and need to be given a clip to justify scaling to Spike.

Thank you for the evaluation.

Bumping since only one staff member agrees with this, and while Medus agreed with my initial revisions, Idk what he thinks of the updated stuff.

What stuff is new besides the Class K removal and 9-A getting nerfed to 9-B? Was it the Spike scaling. I'm okay with the possibly Multi-City Block level+ via being roughly comparable to Spike staying. Is there anything else beyond that.

What stuff is new besides the Class K removal and 9-A getting nerfed to 9-B? Was it the Spike scaling. I'm okay with the possibly Multi-City Block level+ via being roughly comparable to Spike staying. Is there anything else beyond that.
I guess downgrading scrawny rockhoof

There isn't even listed keys at the bottom of his page I just noticed; that should also be fixed. But makes sense regardless.

Not to mention that his running speed is listed as “superhuman” while Applejack’s is listed as “subsonic” so that should be changed considering that rockhoof at his peak is considered the strongest earth pony

Well, in a recent Season 10 comic book, Big Mac was shown as stronger than Rockhoof.

Well, not much, just the addition of a clip to justify the 8-A scaling.

Oh, wait, there was one other thing. This isn't related to the Low tiers, but Multiversal+ range should be removed and replaced with either Interdimensional or Low Multiversal. I thought since they could access any Universe in an infinite Multiverse with the portal spell it meant the range was Multiversal. But having read on another thread that range only works if you're reaching multiple Universes at the same time, it occurs to me that the spell does not operate this way. It's not reaching an infinite amount of Universes at once, just covering the distance between two Universes to make a portal.

Interdimensional range is fine, yes. Unfortunately quite a lot of our members do not follow our rules regarding when to apply it.

Okay. Is it fine if I close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back