• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: Star and Stripe Calc Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the original one
Okay thanks.

So from what I can tell, you are currently in favor of this one.

And Clover is currenlty in favor of this one.

For the record, would you say that the calcs assumptions of using 1300 meter for the thickness of the volume of clouds should be used even if there are other visuals that contradict that assumed value, and none that support it?

I know that for the sake of calcs we have to make assumptions for some variables, but I think that our assumptions can only carry us so far if contradicting evidence exists.

Okay thanks.

So from what I can tell, you are currently in favor of this one.

And Clover is currenlty in favor of this one.

For the record, would you say that the calcs assumptions of using 1300 meter for the thickness of the volume of clouds should be used even if there are other visuals that contradict that assumed value, and none that support it?
Yes though the second one would be fine like I said if it wasn't trying to compromise by using the tiamut shot or that's contradicted by how the cloud dispersal looks in that same chapter, it's just too unreliable to it should just be the panel the feat happens in and honestly the thickness should just be pixel scaled from the first one

It uses flawed panels tho I'm for the original version I think that's the most consistent

I don't mind using that one either
Yeah I just pic thr og over that one cause it uses the tiamut shot panel and that's just outright contradicted and makes the feat appear smaller than the rest of the dispersal we see in the other panels just a few pages later or the actual shot the feat happens in. So just using the feat panel itself is best imo that's just my thoughts and reasoning tho

Yall be calling me like I'm CGM then I get no genuine nominations

You're asking if we're fine of Clover's opinions? I guess

@Therefir @Damage3245 @KingTempest
Are we fine with that clover seems to be okay with the original for the reasonings I gave over the last page
I trust Clover's judgement, and while I personally prefer the 156.38 gigatons one, the original works fine considering using multiple panels might lead to inconsistencies.

Are we fine with that clover seems to be okay with the original for the reasonings I gave over the last page
Been awhile since I've last checked on this.

I'm not really sold on combining the scans of the hole from Chapter 331 and 332. The hole is obviously different in diameter and we cannot trust if the thickness/height didn't change as well. Just using the panel where the feat just happened and has the most detail seems to be the best option as of now.

So the original calc is alright by me.

I'm not really sold on combining the scans of the hole from Chapter 331 and 332. The hole is obviously different in diameter and we cannot trust if the thickness/height didn't change as well. Just using the panel where the feat just happened and has the most detail seems to be the best option as of now.

So the original calc is alright by me.
Yup that's my stance as well so glad we're all seemingly on the same page

Okay so that makes 4 Calc Group Members who are in support of the original calc (as I mentioned I'm fine with using that as well)

I'm not going to try to keep this thread open forever, so I will let the judgement of the original calc being fine stand and I'll only return to this topic if I discover some new evidence or find a new argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back