• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therefir

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Calculation Group
Currently, Deku has City Block level durability for being able to withstand Bakugou's explosions, there's no problem here, Deku can consistently tank Bakugo's attacks, the problem comes when people like Shinso, are capable of harming Midoriya with his punches, that means Shinso and all those who are stronger than him are 8-B, and is stated that quirkless Deku is stronger than Shinso, so everyone who is physically comparable to quirkless Deku should be 8-B.

In summary, Deku is stronger than someone who can hurt him.

If this changes are accepted, everyone who is 9-B for being comparable to quirkless Deku, are upgraded to 8-B.

Scans of Shinso hurting Midoriya:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:020.png

Scans where is stated that Midoriya is stronger than Shinso:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:Deku1254.png

Does it even make sense to put Shinso as City Block level? Sure he may be significantly stronger than an IRL human but he doesn't have any strength-boosting abilities. His only Quirk is Brainwashing.

Aside from giving Deku a bruise, what justifies an 8-B rating?

Humans in my hero academia are pretty strong, they can be 8-A just by training, for example Mirio can hurt 8-A beings even without a quirk.

Sure, but Mirio has a lot more combat feats and a lot more training than Shinso. All Shinso did was punch Deku in the face and even that didn't do anything besides giving him a bruise. I think it's a bit of a reach to upgrade Shinso based on just that.

EDIT: He was overpowered by Deku without using his Quirk. Deku without his Qurik is not super-strong.

Deku's nose is clearly bleeding, anyway a wall level character would break his own hand if they attack a being with city block level durability.

Quirkless Deku can withstand city block level attacks.

Even Ochako can defeat villains with Gigantification quirk after train and learn martial arts, and I'm pretty sure Deku has been training all the time.

Therefir said:
Deku's nose is clearly bleeding, anyway a wall level character would break his own hand if they attack a being with city block level durability.
That raises the question then, did Deku legitimately have city block durability at that point? We know he seriously injured himself any time he used his Quirk back then...

Yes, his battle with Bakugou was before the tournament.

But he was seriously injured when Bakugo attacked him wasn't he? And Bakugo wouldn't use lethal force against another student, would he?

Bakugo use his Grenadier Bracers against Deku, and is one of his strongest attack.

And was Deku directly hit by it and tanked it? Can you provide the scans of this?

I was looking for that but it looks like Deku dodge the explosion (Hypersonic+ Deku confirmed ovo), but later Bakugo attacks Midoriya anyway.

Yeah, the one I'm thinking of is where Bakugo hits Deku with one of his normal, smaller explosions and causes damage to his arm. It's not enough to warrant city block durability at that point.

EDIT: If this thread can't be used for it, I'll make a revision thread later to see if his durability can be re-examined.

Damage3245 said:
Yeah, the one I'm thinking of is where Bakugo hits Deku with one of his normal, smaller explosions and causes damage to his arm. It's not enough to warrant city block durability at that point.
Bakugou's weaker explosions can one shot fodder villains, who are High 8-C.

The fodder Bakugo took out weren't the ones that did the 8-C feats, right? And even so, Bakugo's weaker explosion doesn't justify City Block durability for Deku.

All the fodder should be comparable.

Therefir said:
All the fodder should be comparable.

That's like saying all Class 1-A students should be comparable... There can be huge strength differences between characters even in the same group.

But no one says anything about that fodder, and that fodder have one of the best feats.

8-B shinso is really inconsistent.

in any case.. the way we are backward scaling some of the characters, isn't really helping. we should divide it according to the arcs, as it has been shown that characters have gotten stronger over time.

@Shadowbokunohero In Deku's profile, the durability is 8-B in all his keys.

Base izuku should be 9-B..also this goes for alot of other characters.. your AP doesnt always translate to your durability

Is not wrong, Deku can withstand several attacks from Bakugou.

You are trying to say that even Ochako's attacks are stronger than Bakugou's explosions?

Heck even bakugou's kicks can hurt Izuku full cowl.

Cause it was specifally stated by Aizawa that Deku with out his quirk on or anything>shinso. the Deku that they are referring to is the 9-B Deku

And?, Shinso can hurt Deku who have 8-B durability.

It's not PIS, it's just that Deku isn't as durable that early on in the series. He's 9-B, not 8-B.

He should scale from Ochako's feat anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back