• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Revisions

@Repuzzan

That's why we have the "at least, likely higher". Characters can't get upgraded to certain tiers without the calcs for that.

@Captain

When Pro Heroes are able to easily keep up with the students while being heavily handicapped, I don't see what the problem is.

@Repuzzan

The thing is, I also could see them being Transonic. It makes sense. But we have no proof, so upgrading speeds without proof results in huge messes.

I'm not a mod, so I have no say in the matter. I just explained my standpoint.

I have a rather big question. Why do Characters scale to Power Loader? He is obviously power focused (not just because of his name) but because of his physical showings. I think it is a bit odd to scale characters to him, that have never shown any physical feats on that scale.

It is not like Aizawa can punch giant craters in the ground. I don't mean to say that Power Loader is a glass cannon, but assuming his body is as durable (and thus anyone who could fight him scales) as his output seems problematic, especially since his hero costume includes a huge frame that is meant to assist him, but not necessarily protect him.

I ask, because when I was discussing MHA with some other online folks, I was pretty ridiculed when I said characters like Uravity, Froppy and Toga were City Block level. Almost none of the characters, have the Destructive Capacity to take down a even a building.

Of course, AP through scaling does not require a character to be a heavy hitter to be of a certain tier. It just still seems problematic when characters have much much higher AP than they have been shown to output in the manga and anime.

@RageComment

Primarily because of the fact that that all Pro Heroes are able to take down Villians and are generally a good deal superior to most Heroes-in-Training. Even heroes-in-training that have the lowest possible power rating (i.e. Uraraka and Tsuyu, can incapacitate Villains the size of apartment complexes with their Quirks, of which Tsuyu's is pure physical force. As a Pro Hero, Power Loader should be capable of at least the same, but he still outmatched the heroes-in-training in terms of pure brute force even while handicapped.

You're currently using the AoE Fallacy. Yes, it's unlikely for Aizawa to dig giant holes in the ground with his bare hands, but he can at least harm and subdue most Villains with pure physical force since his Quirk only nullifies the Quirks of others.

Both of them being able to throw foes the size of Apartment Buildings, is definitely High 8-C with their powers. But for Uraraka at least, I don't see how that scales to her durability. And Froppy for that matter, it just shows her tongue is that powerful, not necessarily her physical body.

I don't see it so much as me using a fallacy, as questioning if Aizawa should scale to Power Loaders AP, when Power Loader's durability might actually be weaker physically.

Reexamining it though the difference between High 8-C and 8-B isn't what I first thought it was.

I'm not asking for an actual revision, just wondering what reasoning puts some of the characters in various places.

I have a better question, why is Kamui woods 8-A right now? I thought all pros were just going to be at least 8-C. I'm fine with Endeavor and Togata being 8-A but why Kamui?

@RageComment

It would be absurd if Uraraka was so weak that she wouldn't be able to take a hit when she got blasted repeatedly by Bakugou in the finals.

If the rest of her wasn't tough enough to handle her own tongue then she would have lost her jaw a long time ago.

@SuperKamiNappa

I actually disagree with that myself, since Kamui is a bit of a joke amongst the Pro Heroes (at least in the series) and said Villain wasn't much larger than the surrounding buildings or Mount Lady.

@Rep Actually characters can use weapons and have appendages that are far stronger than they are. Like Captain America's shield, and Wolverine's Adamantine Claws. Wolverine's skeleton has high durability, but his flesh and organs do not scale to that.

As for Bakugou, he wasn't trying to kill Uraraka. Point in case, he didn't fire his Howitzer at her. In fact, I'm not sure Bakugo's physical strikes should be as high as his Quirk power output either. His quick powers are obviously where his strength is.

@Rage

But Tsuyu's tongue is part of her body. Her Quirk extends to her entire body, not just her tongue. The force of using it as a weapon would correlate to the rest of her since her tongue is tied into her mouth before snapping back into place with just as much force. Tsuyu would be headless if she couldn't handle her own tongue.

Bakugou wasn't "trying" to kill Villains with their own High 8-C feats either and he even managed to make a severely handicapped All Might flinch with his explosive punches.

Is throwing someone the equivilent of fragmenting them?

I ask because these characters were Large Building level in size and might as they crashed through a building. But does being able to toss someone and stun them with their own weight. (Or drop debris on them like Uravity did) equal a Large Building Level feat?

I'll stop on the Tsu's tongue thing, because I think it is fair for her tongue to be as strong as the rest of her body.

@Rage

They were large enough to flatten buildings the size of apartment complexes while falling through them. Being able to incapcitate and knock down someone that large should be more than sufficient, given that our criteria for Large Building level is leveling a skyscraper.

By the standards of this wiki, I suppose they are what they are.

It's just very difficult to imagine Tsu or Uravity, or most of the cast for that matter, Tanking the Brunt of the MOAB. One of the strongest non-nuclear weapons out there... and not instantly dying.

But if that is how the wiki scaled them. So be it.

Hold up a minute.

After rereading that manga chapter. Nejire was the one to knock down the two Giants with her Wring Wave. Froppy and Uravity KO'd them with Hurled Debris. I don't see how this scales them if they were only assisting someone who had done most of the damage?

Nejire vs Giants

That's the problem of the power scaling, I mean Deku with One For All 100% just have a city block feat.

@Rage

The "difficult to imagine" argument is the absolute worst argument you can put forth on this wiki. MegaMan.EXE doesn't look like much but he has 2-C feats. Kirby doesn't look like he could be 4-A.

Their attacks still sunk the giants into concrete. The required force to do that should be more than enough to qualify for High 8-C.

@Therefir

Bull. Deku's 100% matched Todoroki's full power during the Sport's Festival. Todoroki has an 8-A feat with his strongest attacks.

The anime made it look much stronger than it should, but I can accept that, anyway why nobody talks about Deku's supersonic+ feats in the manga?.

@Therefir

Doesn't matter. Manga Shouto's full power has a calced 8-A feat.

What Supersonic feats?

Reppuzan said:
The "difficult to imagine" argument is the absolute worst argument you can put forth on this wiki. MegaMan.EXE doesn't look like much but he has 2-C feats. Kirby doesn't look like he could be 4-A.

Their attacks still sunk the giants into concrete. The required force to do that should be more than enough to qualify for High 8-C.
The "Difficult to Imagine" thing wasn't an argument.

How does KOing someone by throwing stuff at them, equal the same tier as fragmenting a structure of their size? Like to be High 8-C, you need to destroy a large building, Or significantly damage someone who can, right?

@RageComment

The point is that these Gigantification Quirk villains didn't flinch after crashing through multiple buildings. Both Tsuyu and Uraraka rendered them unconscious. Hence, they scale.

Why is this so hard to grasp?

Because it doesn't follow its own logic. The Giants are Large building, so in order to be large building you would have to take them out in one shot. You don't get to be large building just because you damaged a one story of a building. Similarly you shouldn't be Large building if you just KO the head of a Large building character. The Giants were already damaged significantly by Nejire, so KOing them would not be Large building level.

Unless damaging only part of a large building, is enough to be considered Large building level. If that is the case, then nevermind this entire argument.

@Rage

Did you read the chapter or what? They crashed through an entire apartment complex. You can see the rubble.

I did, the Giants are Large Building Level for crashing through a huge portion of that Large Building structure.

I apologize for the frustration I am causing, but to be Large building level...

You have to one-shot a Large Building, or one-shot a person with Large Building Level durability, correct?

@RageComment

Being able to significantly damage someone with Large Building level durability is enough to get a rating. You don't need to "one-shot" them.

The two Villains were more bothered by hitting each other than by the destruction they were causing, and both Uraraka and Ochako incapacitated them with one hit.

When weakest nameless fodder that regularly get beaten by Heroes-in-Training have feats that corroborate this, it's basic scaling.

If that's the case then I guess I was just misunderstanding how this wiki scales things. Admittedly that is a bit weird though. If it takes 2 to 11 tons to completely destroy a large building. It should take 2 to 11 tons to completely destroy a Large Building level fighter. Thus if you are only KOing them, you are dealing less than 2 tons of energy, and thus are less than Large Building.

My issue may be more with my understanding of Attack Potency than with the scaling of MHA though.

@RageComment

Durability is a measure of how much damage someone can take before they actually start feeling it.

Hurting someone with Large Building level Durability = having Large Building level AP even if they haven't actually destroyed a building. KOing them to the point that they're totally senseless more than qualifies for this.

You don't need to punch a hole in someone to qualify for a particular rating, or scaling would rarely go anywhere.

So a Large building Structure, is Weaker than a Large Building Fighter?

Like a Large building attack, destroys an entire Large Building Structure, but only damages the Fighter?

Back