• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Well for DB there are SEVERAL calcs. Mha only has a one close to Lightspeed. I am really hoping the final guides clear up on the speed of laser like abilities. I mean just the Iron Might suit having "Proton Beams that move at Light speed" would be a killer addition.

Hell just add that with the feature of the suit in a promotion sketch for the anime, you know we are going get one (On that note the Lady Nagant art is cute as hell, truly peak design)

That and explanation for a 100 laser based quirks AFO has. Like seriously if MHA lasers were accepted as light speed, AFO would be carrying the speed scaling on his back (just like he carried the Villain team)

I doubt it's going to be that gross. Well next episode should be a pretty good indicator of how far they are willing to go with a gross stuff since Shigaraki rips afo from the inside and crawls out of him.
I really want to know what that sounds like.

RDT-20240909-0206491172750931150351494.png

What tools ? Also don't need to be smart when you are basically Hulk + Luffy's damage resistance.
.That's not Luffy's resistance, in fact it's not even comparable. Luffy's body is like rubber and stretches, Nomu is just resistance to impacts for a certain amount. Once you pass three hundred hits at High 6-C+, Shock Absorption breaks down, considering all of the Nomu have infinite stamina. Any High-End can reach this point.

High-Ends are stronger than the USJ Nomu as well. Shock Absorption is its only advantage, which is easy to overwhelm for any High-End. That's ignoring the fact some High-Ends don't even attack with physical impacts, like Robot and Woman.

What if the space warping Nomu snipes his head while he's doing that?
Robot's Quirk doesn't work like that, it's slow and is easily avoidable. Mirko only got hit because she was in mid-air and cannot fly. And I don't think Robot can even aim it that well since by that logic it would've done that on Mirko's head. Going by what was shown, that Quirk isn't beating any Nomu with Super Regeneration without luck.

One of the High-Ends would win the fight. Which one? I don't know, they all have different Quirks which could give them the edge. It's impossible to say as the balance could go either way depending on a crap ton of outcomes. Beating the USJ Nomu and all of the Near High-Ends wouldn't be easy, any of the High-Ends could die during that.

Robot would ironically be one of the first High-Ends to die as he lacks flight and seems to have no close combat skills. The USJ Nomu or Near High-Ends would rip him apart.

Shock Absorption is tricky for High Ends who primarily attack with blunt force, but Hood can likely bypass it with piercing attacks somewhat.
USJ Nomu's problem is that it's dumb and is not as good as fighting as other characters on its level like Weakened All Might, who also could temporarily exceed their limits.

Not enough to kill a Nomu. The only one I think can kill other Nomu is the robo head. USJ Nomu could paste their head on accident.

He is physically the strongest Nomu being able to keep up with All Might (no high ends are not stronger than him, this one was tailor made to fight all might)

Not enough to kill a Nomu. The only one I think can kill other Nomu is the robo head. USJ Nomu could paste their head on accident.

He is physically the strongest Nomu being able to keep up with All Might (no high ends are not stronger than him, this one was tailor made to fight all might)
The High Ends are explicitly stated to be the strongest Nomu that aren't Shigaraki, USJ is getting washed.

The last episode was... rough. Tokoyami getting the still frame treatment on his last moment, they entirely took out UA from one of the most badass shots in the manga and butchered it. The Shigaraki shots from previews also don't look that good nor did this one.

out-of-all-of-shigarakis-moments-in-the-manga-which-would-v0-d1tcf1mukx1c1.jpg

Also wtf is everyone blabbing on about Mina.

The last episode was... rough. Tokoyami getting the still frame treatment on his last moment, they entirely took out UA from one of the most badass shots in the manga and butchered it. The Shigaraki shots from previews also don't look that good nor did this one.

out-of-all-of-shigarakis-moments-in-the-manga-which-would-v0-d1tcf1mukx1c1.jpg

Also wtf is everyone blabbing on about Mina.
A lot of headcanons were killed, apparently...

The moment where Tomura got control of his body back didn't have anywhere near the level of impact, though the official translations share some blame there. The color of those shots made everything look very underwhelming, I also don't like showing Tenko's hair turning that bluish color instead of white.

Him bursting out of AFO being a still frame just looked so awkward.

I didn't like how they changed up Izuku pushing Tomura off the fortress either. The reveal of Tomura falling from sky after his speech was really good, having them hang in the air for so long also kind of makes the scene extremely awkward. Especially when AFO is asking for Kurogiri to help him, all of that happening in that moment was goofy.

Tomura gaining back control and talking to Izuku was weirdly zoomed into his face for some reason, with that weird hair animation it didn't look good at all.

The OST however was excellent. All of the voice actors are doing great jobs, it's a joy to hear these line delivered with such emotion.

I knew AFO was talking about Endeavor during his speech. "The one man who can stand up to me." The anime made it more clear, but I always knew he meant Endeavor.

Inasa's moment felt really light, he didn't really feel like the power house that single handedly stopped Toga's advancement.

Yeah, Dark Shadow didn't feel anywhere close to as big or threaten as in the manga. They hanged way too long on him and made me think AFO was stupid for not just moving out of the way. They failed to sell the fact AFO was scared of Dark Shadow as well, him being overpowered by it didn't even feel impactful.

What's happening with Mina? I'm not big on this stuff, what are they complaining about?

Back