• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

From what Viz is saying, Izuku's sheer strength can warp the very laws governing reality.

Reality Manipulation confirmed.

It also confirms that Izuku was only using OFA's power and Gearshift for that Quintuple smash. Shigaraki states Quintuple was lighter than his previous attack, which had Fa Jin built into it. However this also implies a singular blow? Does this mean Quintuple is actually just 5X stronger than his normal smash?

Izuku isn't using Fa Jin so this isn't the 120% he was doing beforehand. Shigaraki can at least take a blow that was 5X stronger than Izuku's normal attack. I wish we knew what percentage he was using. However Overdrive + Fa Jin (Charged by Quintuple) is enough to punch a hole into Shigaraki.

Edit: Apparently OFA and AFO are also resonating, which is allowing the vestiges to see each other.

Also Viz is saying there won't be a chapter this week. Says the next chapter will come out in 13 days.

Last edited:
I just took it as him using a smash 5 times, I don’t see why we’re assuming he threw a punch 5 times stronger than a normal smash that makes no sense. You even see 5 shockwaves on the ground implying it was 5 different attacks.
Shigaraki stated that blow (Quintuple) was lighter than the previous one.

Meaning there was only one attack. Maybe we could say Izuku punched him so fast that all five of those blows felt like one single blow?

Regardless Fa Jin was able to store up the power of those 5 smashes if we say that.

So that last attack that punched a hole into All For Shiggy should be over 5X stronger than his normal strength.

From what Viz is saying, Izuku's sheer strength can warp the very laws governing reality.

Reality Manipulation confirmed.

It also confirms that Izuku was only using OFA's power and Gearshift for that Quintuple smash. Shigaraki states Quintuple was lighter than his previous attack, which had Fa Jin built into it. However this also implies a singular blow? Does this mean Quintuple is actually just 5X stronger than his normal smash?

Izuku isn't using Fa Jin so this isn't the 120% he was doing beforehand. Shigaraki can at least take a blow that was 5X stronger than Izuku's normal attack. I wish we knew what percentage he was using. However Overdrive + Fa Jin (Charged by Quintuple) is enough to punch a hole into Shigaraki.

Edit: Apparently OFA and AFO are also resonating, which is allowing the vestiges to see each other.

Also Viz is saying there won't be a chapter this week. Says the next chapter will come out in 13 days.
I think Quintuple just means 5 punches in rapid succession considering we get 5 Smash sounds the same way we got 2 smash sounds when Deku kicked Shigaraki.

I don't think it's a multiplier and even if it was, we have no clue about Deku's current OFA percentage or how it stacks once Fa Jin is added onto it.

Maybe we could say Izuku punched him so fast that all five of those blows felt like one single blow?
This makes the most sense.
Regardless Fa Jin was able to store up the power of those 5 smashes if we say that.

So that last attack that punched a hole into All For Shiggy should be over 5X stronger than his normal strength.
Yeah, and after the revisions what level will Deku be at? I forgot what the recalcs put them at
Edit: im talking about the 2nd revision that will come not the current

I think Quintuple just means 5 punches in rapid succession considering we get 5 Smash sounds the same way we got 2 smash sounds when Deku kicked Shigaraki.

I don't think it's a multiplier and even if it was, we have no clue about Deku's current OFA percentage or how it stacks once Fa Jin is added onto it.
We know he's at least 45% or higher, which is scaling to whatever number. So a multiplier would indeed be useful.

I'm curious to see if we get an explanation in a future chapter or in the volume release.

Also want to know why in the holy hell is Horikoshi having the narrator say he's warping the laws of reality. That's flowery language obviously... but why is this a thing at all? I never understand why authors have such weird statements that don't actually mean anything.

Also want to know why in the holy hell is Horikoshi having the narrator say he's warping the laws of reality. That's flowery language obviously... but why is this a thing at all? I never understand why authors have such weird statements that don't actually mean anything.
Maybe deku is warping reality.

I know that, while we won't give him limited reality manipulation for it, I don't understand why this is being stated at all.

Unless he's going to do something really crazy in the next chapter, I don't see how him warping reality does anything. Just to sound cool?

I got his quintuple at sub rela

Uh his feat are warping so near light speed? Technically breaking laws of physics
We don't do that. Also the narrator said it was his power/fist warping reality not his speed.

But warping reality with speed wouldn't give you any value. Not without further explanation.

When deku does this he also throws a punch, do you wanna add that in there?
It adds basically nothing. Also that isn't my calculation.

The distance he moves to punch is massively inferior to the distance he moved to get next to Shigaraki. Which is the only reason it's MHS+.

Nice. Has he used it with Fa jin yet? Cant remember
His "120%" was stated to be using Fa Jin and his last punch which made a hole through Shigaraki also uses Fa Jin.

So he's used a Fa Jin + Gearshift attack twice now. I think the last one was stronger though, since it was charged by his Quintuple attack.

I thought that was calculating him rushing down that distance, for when he lands the Quintuple.

Since his Quintuple attack was so fast that Shigaraki felt those five blows as a single blow. I admit I do not know if that logic is correct for this.

Yeah; it seems to me that Deku is just punching him five times - and that fulfills the condition of Fa Jin to do repeating motion in order to stockpile power for his Fa Jin-infused attack.

I thought that was calculating him rushing down that distance, for when he lands the Quintuple.
I see, but he is using the frozen time method, for what reason? What's supposed to be frozen compared to Deku here? It's not like Shigaraki was moving here, he was just stamped on the ground.

I see, but he is using the frozen time method, for what reason? What's supposed to be frozen compared to Deku here? It's not like Shigaraki was moving here, he was just stamped on the ground.
He knocked him down, fragmenting the ground, and while tomura is in the air deku statues him and the entire area before the shockwave could disperse or tomura moves he travels to him and punches him.

Last edited:
What powers goes Gearshift grant?

"Gearshift allows the user to change the speed at which things accelerate through space. The Quirk is even capable of changing speeds while ignoring the laws of inertia"

What powers goes Gearshift grant?

"Gearshift allows the user to change the speed at which things accelerate through space. The Quirk is even capable of changing speeds while ignoring the laws of inertia"
I don’t think it’s anything other than statistic amplification and probably status effect inducement

The second user says it himself. It can adjust the speed of an object without abiding by the laws of inertia.

Gearshift doesn't alter a character's speed parameter, it alters speed in general. This means it works on inanimate objects that cannot move by themselves. As we saw with the bullet in chapter 369. That wouldn't fall under Statistic Manipulation, which is raising or lower a character's parameters.

It can be Statistic Amplification/Reduction since it does alter a person's speed as well. But it isn't just that.

"Physics Manipulation is the ability to distort, alter, and manipulate the laws of physics and the fundamental forces that govern natural phenomena in the universe (such as Velocity, Momentum, Inertia, and Nuclear Forces)."

I believe Physics Manipulation comes from being able to change speed while ignoring inertia, am I right here?

Vector Manipulation would be to change the direction of an object without actually interacting with it? I'm not certain on this one.

Back