• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MUTO Prime Upgrade?

A Magnitude 12 Radiated Waves Earthquake is around 15 Teratons of TNT Equivalent. Which is 6-B.

A Magnitude 12 using the calculator VSB provides doesn't register because it's physically too high.

An earthquake of this scope would never ever realistically exist irl, due to the toughness of Earths crust not being high enough to allow this to be possible. I'm neutral for now, it may be worth bringing over some other Calculation Group Members.

how strong is a magnitude 12 earthquake?
The Radiated Waves would be 6.309573E+22 Joules, or 15.080241395793499043977055 (~15.1) Teratons of TNT (6-B, Country Level)
And by following the pattern of Total Seismic Energy values would be 1.233105E+27 Joules, or 294.719168260038241 (~295) Petatons of TNT (High 6-A, Multi-Continent Level), although for some reason, Total Seismic Energy values above Magnitude 10.5 are forbidden. I've always found that odd, but whatever.
And you can trust these values, because I have Earthquake Charts for both Radiated Waves and Total Seismic Energy that go on a scale of 0.1 (0.1, 0.2, 0.3, etc.) all the way up to Magnitude 20!

Last edited:
I am not sure about the technical/mathematical side of it - I will have to do a bit of research on that, but I don't think we can use it to upgrade her. I mean the guy in the guy tweet says "if it is possible, she can do it". Idk, it's better to stick to clear cut feats rather than statements like this.

I got issues with using that statement, he says stuff like "in theory" and how she can only use available fault lines and there needs to be potential for lv 12, but as others said, there isn't any.

This feels like it would only apply to her on planets that can sustain mag 12 earthquakes

I guess you could use the WoG statement as support that it can create a theoretical Magnitude 12 earthquake if there are other feats in that range, but if it's just that in and of itself then it's iffy.

The other feats have already been calculated at High 6-C, I'm I'd be curious to see how they got much higher since the calc was fairly well thought through iirc.

Yeah no this was done to death already, best results comparable to this was an 8.2-8.3 Richter scale Earthquake that ripped apart a tectonic plate IRL in Mexico.

Which, according to this, gives us a radiated earthquake value of 30.09-42.502 megatons of TNT (City level)

Back