• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Multiverse of adventures, less now" Sonic the hedgehog (Main Continuity) Cosmology page creation

So, this thread kind of........died, can't get staff in there for the life of me, can't blame tho, 4 pages is intimidating, so i am here to re-make the thread, make it shorter and make it more cohesive, without wasting more time, let's go

Cosmology page creation​

here is the sandbox of it, it's purpose not only to put all relevant aspects of the cosmology for scaling purposes, but to also document all small and big cosmology aspects of the franchise, basically serving as a good overview of everything this franchise has shown cosmology-wise in these past 30+ years, not in full detail for the extremely length ones, only a brief summary to get the point across, for further details the blogs explaining in finer detail the more complicated aspects are linked, some additions are given as well tho

Universe upgrade​

Thanks to Sonic Prime, we have a good indication that the Sonic universe is far bigger than one might initially see

2-C​

In Sonic Prime we are introduced to the Shatterverse, a varied of individual Universes that were created when the Paradox Prism destroyed the Prime World, with its lesser pieces becoming the Shatterverse, each world in there having their own universe and time, it is constantly said that these Shatterspaces only came to from the Prime World being shattered and destroyed, aka, being the smaller pieces of the whole that is the Prime Universe with the term "splinter" being used to describe the event with it directly meaning to break something bigger into smaller pieces, additionally the Shatterverse is said to not be part of the outer multiverse and the Prime World is not said to have been altered, it is said to have ceased to exist completely being literally "broken", therefore the totality of it would scale to the base of the prime world + the Cyberspaces created by Eggman, as he specifies that those are "inside his systems" thus inside the Prime World as well

Maybe Infinite Universe​

So, this one i am not completely sure about, the space between the Shatterspaces is called "The Void", which is said to have an "Eternity of darkness" which.......i am not sure if it means that it is infinite or not, since eternity doesn't mean infinite spatially.....but the way it is used here is clearly in mention of it spatially, maybe in the sense of "Darkness that goes on forever" which is supported to be the intent as the official translation of the scene says as much
Supported as well by the infinite sized Cyberspaces that are inside of it as well

For support, we also have the parallel reality of the Arabian Nights, which also contains infinite spaces within it for more support as there is no real reason for parallel realities to be drastically different in scope, altho the Arabian Nights isn't exactly normal as it is a Storybook World, so i will just leave this as support

White Space nonexistensiness(is that a real word?)​

Basically, White Space is non existent, everyone knows that, the page is detailing how much that extents given the Time Eater's erasure range of how much it affected, given all the elements in the Sonic Cosmology, these would be the aspects and nature it and the chars erased by it would receive, for a more in detail explanation, check this blog, this is the summary of it, with some added aspects(1 and 3) that will be explained as well:

Non Existent Physiology (Nature type 2(due to it being less existent than an already non existent timeline in Crisis City and Stardust Speedway Bad Future); Aspects type 1 "Spiritual" (Due to it erasing stuff like the Ancient Cyberspace that stores the souls(which is what happens when Sonic and co "free" the Koko, their souls are uploaded to Cyberspace as said by Sage) of the Ancients and the Night Palace of the Arabian Nights that is connected with the "Spiritual World" of the Astral Plane, this is more of a support point mind you) type 2 and 3 "Conceptual" & "Mental Nonexistence" (Due to it erasing such conceptual places as Maginaryworld and its several dreams, which are currently accepted as concepts, while some dreams are also accepted as part of the minds of the one who dream them and Ancient Cyberspace which also holds the ancients' memories, this is also a support point for the first mind you) type 4 "Informational" (Due to the Cyberspaces which contain such nature as accepted in previous threads) & type 5 "Other: Space-Time, History, Text and Plot" (Due to the Time Eater erasing all of history and space time through all of the multiverse, thus also including places such as the Storybook Worlds, which are fundamentally made of Texts and Manuscripts that are also its story and plotlines)

Special Thanks​

several people helped with this project, which was in the works for several months now, those being @Fireld @ShakeResounding @GlaceonGamez471 @Eseseso @Maverick_Zero_X , a big thanks to them

this discussion would cover ONLY the cosmology, the after effects and upgrades following it will be contained in a follow up thread to this, so do not, and i repeat DO NOT derail this thread with any scaling talk or "will X thing get X hax from this?" as this is to be discussed afterwards in the follow up thread

with all out of the way....discuss, will leave the staff count from last thread as.......it is literally the same

Agree: @LordGriffin1000 (Agree's with 2-C, neutral on everything else)

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
The argument for infinite universe in Prime is still pretty shaky considering it’s just Shadow staring into the void and saying “yeah it looks like it goes on forever” (paraphrased).

Other than that I agree with proposals.

The argument for infinite universe in Prime is still pretty shaky considering it’s just Shadow staring into the void and saying “yeah it looks like it goes on forever” (paraphrased).

Other than that I agree with proposals.
I share this take. Agreed except maybe infinite universe. Although 2-C universe would only scale prior to the events of Sonic Prime

Because the refular universe becomes one of the many universes of the shatterspace at the end (Pretty much Ghost Hill becomes the regular universe).
nah, everything goes back to normal/unshatters as far as we can tell.....since you know, the prism never shattered when Sonic goes back in time and prevents it from happening

nah, everything goes back to normal/unshatters as far as we can tell.....since you know, the prism never shattered when Sonic goes back in time and prevents it from happening
Sonic doesn't go "back in time", he just brings the full Paradox Prism back to Ghost Hill, which restores the universe just before it got shattered. The shatterverse is still intact and they even want to met Sonic again.

Sonic doesn't go "back in time", he just brings the full Paradox Prism back to Ghost Hill, which restores the universe just before it got shattered. The shatterverse is still intact and they even want to met Sonic again.
we don't know this, plus, as i said, even if it was, it doesn't matter as the Shatterverse is withing the Prime World's "bubble" of reality to begin with, making any discussion on the specifics meaningless

My thoughts are the same as they were before.

As for the whole “Is the prime world just a universe or still a multiverse post-Prime” thing, I agree with it not really mattering right now. iirc all the relevant scaling to realms affected by this involve realms outside of just Sonic’s. Not to mention all of them aside from Black Knight’s happen prior to Prime’s earliest possible placement in the timeline.

My thoughts are the same as they were before.

As for the whole “Is the prime world just a universe or still a multiverse post-Prime” thing, I agree with it not really mattering right now. iirc all the relevant scaling to realms affected by this involve realms outside of just Sonic’s. Not to mention all of them aside from Black Knight’s happen prior to Prime’s earliest possible placement in the timeline.
Yeah, but the prime universe is the most important, since it's the only one that's actually 2-C and not Low 2-C

Staff disagreed with that in the initial thread, and I don't see why I should agree with it either
.......what? dude, i never brought this up here, the posibilities of the Prime World becomes other universes, thus they would be like the Prime World as they are variations of it based on the possible paths it could go..........of course with exeptions for realities clearly different cosmologywise

Yeah, but the prime universe is the most important, since it's the only one that's actually 2-C and not Low 2-C
Wait, are the Arabian Nights and Camelot not accepted as parallel worlds comparable in size to Sonic’s? I coulda swore that was a thing. If not then yeah, the nitty gritty details of it would matter.

As for my thoughts on the structure of the universe post-Prime, I’m honestly not sure. While I do believe in Theuser’s interpretation that the Shatterverse still exists, the prime universe being seemingly recreated exactly as it was before would suggest that it’s still just as big as before. However idk if that would have any wacky implications.

Last edited:
Back