• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multipliers From Percentages

Arnoldstone18

#1 Nero Enthusiast
Username Only
i can’t seem to find a page to research on when and when not to draw multipliers from in-verse percentages. Any link I can follow or opinion on it?

@Antvasima any thoughts?

I'm not sure if there's a rule for it or against it but I think feats take precedence and if there is no opposing showing, such as the percentage increase not showing a linear increase in power then it won't be taken as a multiplier but rather a far higher rating I believe. And also if a hypothetical character performs a 7 gigaton feat in 50% but has a 50gigaton feat at 100% it would either be the 50% would be bumped up if the percentages are treated linearly as multipliers in the verse, but if they're not the 50% will keep the 7 gigaton rating and the 100% would still be 50 gigatons.
This is what I can say about this

I'm not sure if there's a rule for it or against it but I think feats take precedence and if there is no opposing showing, such as the percentage increase not showing a linear increase in power then it won't be taken as a multiplier but rather a far higher rating I believe. And also if a hypothetical character performs a 7 gigaton feat in 50% but has a 50gigaton feat at 100% it would either be the 50% would be bumped up if the percentages are treated linearly as multipliers in the verse, but if they're not the 50% will keep the 7 gigaton rating and the 100% would still be 50 gigatons.
This is what I can say about this
Got it

Back