• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mugen Souls Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently finished the main story of Mugen Souls. I realized we apparently had some character pages I hadn't really noticed, though those were deleted a while ago. I've been told the format and reasonings for the stats were poor. I've decided to try and remake them. Of course, since there were problems with them before, I want to ask for people's opinions about the stats I think are fair and the issues the verse has.

Note: This is all just from the first Mugen Souls. I haven't played the second game yet, so I'm unaware of any possible feats there (those would probably be in a 2nd key anyway).

To start with, the verse has almost zero feats outside the battles.

AP/Durability:

• Chou-Chou, the main character is able to make the continents of the different worlds her "peons" (servant). I don't know if this would count as a feat since she just gives them the order, so it wouldn't count for AP.
  • A Demon Lord is mentioned to have permanently altered the weather of his world, Water World, so it's a snowy planet instead of the supposedly more balanced climate it had before. I'm not sure how impressive this would be considering a Toaru feat of freezing the surface of the planet was just Country level.
  • A hero slaps the demon lord to another continent. Basically, the only physical strength feat besides characters being able to defeat each other in battles allowing powerscaling.
  • The most notable feats actually come from backstory and the final boss. While she was in her original goddess form, Chou-Chou created a planet she described as small, and the illustratio shows it to be quite small compared to her. During a fight with another god, the planet was split into seven pieces by the clashes of their powers. Chou-Chou distributed her power to all seven pieces to save them and their people, creating the 7 Worlds the game takes place on. These are apparently the only inhabited planets of the area/galaxy, as early on a character states "There are 7 inhabited planets in this area of space", though in some backgrounds we can see what might be completely different planets. The final boss is described as planet-sized, being comparable to these 7 Worlds (which are made out of approximately 1/7th of the original world). He shrinks down one of the 7 worlds and eats it, though this doesn't damage the world as it's restored when forced to spit it later on. Still, in his second form he gets the power of the god who fought Chou-Chou in her goddess state, and the party still defeats him, so anyone that matters scales to that planet creation.
Now, there are some issues of size inconsistency. Despite being described as planet-sized, the final boss is apparently shrunk for cutscenes and battles. Here we have it compared to G-Castle, who itself despite being a floating castle capable of carrying the entire party and thousands of servants called Shampurus, it's apparently not that big, compared to a 66m Energy Ball (though Peon Ball's size ratings don't make much sense sometimes, see the galaxy compared to a "Galaxy-sized Peon Ball" here). Even if 66m is wrong, the G-Castle is small enough to operate as an airship inside the world's atmospheres and carry people from one continent to the other. There's also the fact that distances in the few shots of space background we get have planets very close to each other. This is the best shot of a planet we get in the game, we aren't told their sizes, only that each has three continents.

For simplicity, I suggest a Planet level rating for the final boss and Chou-Chou's goddess form. This would scale to the regular party for defeating the final boss two forms without even using Chou-Chou's goddess power.

Speed: No combat speed feats, since there aren't battles during cutscenes. We could scale the final boss and party to the G-Castle since the last part of the True Ending involves fighting him with G-Castle in an airship battle. But the only indication of G-Castle's speed as a spaceship is...not very good, to say the least. There's a scene where the pilot has to leave the cockpit for a quick visit to the bathroom and leaves the ditz of the group in charge. A few minutes later when he returns, she has somehow lead the ship thousands of kilometers off course. This is apparently impossible for the ship, and only happened due to the ditz' basically supernatural ability to get lost, which apparently canonically defies the laws of physic. So even the spaceship cannot go at MHS, apparently. This is a gag scene, but is the only indication of speed we are given besides the fact that it travels between planets. Unknown speeds, unfortunately.

Now I want to address something that I imagine was the cause of the problem with the first profiles. You've already seen the galaxy-sized peon ball that can happen if you grind enough Shampurus, which is basically one of Chou-Chou's special attacks. There are four other special attacks which could be used for feats that would drastically upgrade the series' power. Those are the special attacks of three party members: Soul, Sandy and Sharuru (seen in this video at approximately 0:50, 1:06 and 3:29). There's also a possible speed feat at 0:15 by a character jumping from the ground past the planet's moon in a few seconds and returning while the explosion of the meteor they sent into the planet is still going on.

There's another special attack that's even more over the top, the final boss' second form's special attack (unfortunately I can't find a video with it) consists on him surrounding the targeted party member/s in a dark sphere that sinks to the ground. The targets appear in a black void where the final boss covers them in black hole-like spheres. The scene switches to the galaxy, which is also covered in giant versions of these spheres until it is destroyed, and then 3 nearby galaxies are destroyed. Finally, space itself seems to be destroyed leaving just a white void much like Sharuru's and the final boss looking at the results.

I want to ask if we accept this kind of feats, since the environmental damage obviously isn't permanent, nor the area of effect is that big (despite the battlefield being small, the final boss special attack can fail to affect some of your party if they are far enough from the targeted member, despite supposedly consuming the galaxy they are in, though this looks like game mechanics). Additionally, all party members besides Chou-Chou are scared/intimidated by the final boss eating a planet, and they aren't that confident about their chances after that display of power and are surprised at their victory over him, despite supposedly being able to destroy quite a lot more if we go by those 3 special attacks.

Hmmm.....

I think Planet level at most is fine to me if that's the strongest thing they can dish out at.

Speed is fine if there's nothing quantifiable for them then.

Last ones sounds pretty questionable if eating a planet is threatening to the characters themselves. If the moves were to be accepted tho, i could see it as being "Planet level, Galaxy level or something with this move". Not sure if it'll boost them at all given the inconsistency of the last part.

Yeah, to me the special attacks don't make much sense considering the scale of the story tops at Planet level and how Vorgis (final boss) is seen as a big threat for eating one. I addressed those mainly because someone who hasn't played it might see the special attacks and question why aren't they higher, but I don't support the characters being higher than Planet level so far. I think I'll add a note about the special moves explaining this when I make the verse page.

I think that your suggestions seem fine, and that it is probably best to ignore the visual efffects as "rule of cool" hyperbole, if no lasting destruction of this degree has remotely been shown.

So, does anyone have an issue with the suggested "Planet level AP/Durability, Unknow Speed" stats?

Not really. Think you're good to use it and making a note of the special moves thing as you said earlier above.

Thanks. I'll probably start with the verse page and put the note there on the power of the verse section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back