• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moving the "References" section in the standard format (STAFF ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
Currently the versus threads section comes before the references section in the standard format for character profiles.

It doesn't make much sense to list all the useful info about a character's rating, then to list their matches, then again to list the useful references about whatever ratings we have previously listed. It breaks the natural order of the contents.

We should move the references section above the vs threads section, so that all the useful info about the character's ratings is listed first, before moving on to the recreational section which should be last.

We just have to edit the standard format. I doubt we have many pages that list references as of now, so this should be an easy fix.

I agree with this. Thank you for making the thread.

Personally, I prefer it where it is from a stylistic standpoint. Maybe the bottom is just where I, and probably most other internet users, expect to find the references since that's where Wikipedia and almost all other wikis have them.
One usually also navigates to the references more so by clicking on a footnote than going directly to the section, so them being located near something isn't really so important.
And if one should, for any reason, place a reference below the reflist said reference also doesn't work properly (i.e. doesn't appear in the reflist). While that might be a weird case for the Others section, it's avoidable trouble.

Actually, while I said it is fine, I'm more neutral now.

Like other users, I typically expect the references to be pretty much at the bottom of the page. I think that's the most expected place for them.

I am neutral, from what I read. Like others said, references are typically at the bottom of the page, so I don't mind the current format.

I agree that they should be at the very bottom. It's just what everyone is used to.

I'm neutral, but I think I think references look best at the very bottom. That's always been a very standard wikia policy.

I prefer them above the matches tbh, they are fundamental informations for the page itself, while matches are more like a bonus for the users.

Well, I suppose that DontTalk made good points. We should probably continue as earlier with this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back