• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Mother 3) Tier 2 Potency and and the Dark Dragon

Quibster

She/Her
Note; the popular GBA Fan Translation's script was not used. That said, there is also no officially translated script of Mother 3. This translated script was used instead, dating back to 2006; ( https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/gba/914622-mother-3/faqs/42740 )

In Mother 3, PK Love is a unique type of power that is associated with the ability to pull the Seven Needles-- which are "nails" that keep the Dark Dragon sealed. PK Love is special, not only due to of the power to pull these needles, but determines how "life and time" is going to be reshaped when the dragon wakes up. This is later explained that the dragon's power is also affected by the alignment of those who pull the needles-- namely, whether or not the user has a good heart or a wicked heart.

Kumatora states in Chapter 7: "..Long ago I heard this from Ionia: When the dragon sleeping under the island wakes, all life and all time will be reborn. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I want to be there and see it to the end.."

In the same chapter, Ionia elaborates on this by saying:

ftJOer1.jpeg

So there's an established precedent here that; If a person with a wicked heart pulls the needle, the dragon's power can be used to destroy "anything and everything"-- Kumatora's statement gives some contextual support to this as well, seeing as the Dragon can also affect "life and time" verbatim (In the greater context of Mother's cosmology, this should encompass a 4-D scale, supported by the events of Mother 2, and what "time" means to the series specifically). And if someone who possesses a good heart pulls the needle, it is explained that the dragon's power washes the evil of the world away, to paraphrase lightly. Most importantly, the Dark Dragon is also described as an force that is affected by the hearts of those who pull it throughout the entirety of Mother 3. With all of this presented with context, I want to ask these questions:

1. Would PK Love users get Empathetic Manipulation, or some form of type 2 Conceptual Manipulation, since those imprinted alignments affects affect how the Dark Dragon reshapes existence? If not either of these, how would this be treated from an indexing front?

2. In this context, would PK Love users like Lucas and Masked Man attain a "Possible" Tier 2 rating, via PK Love? And if possible, I would love to know how the site would treat this, if this is not some indication of Range or Potency.

Last edited:
The Tier 2 stuff for Dark Dragon is good, but I think Empathetic Manipulation makes more sense than Conceptual Manipulation; though I do not think they would scale in tier. The needles are in place so the Dark Dragon can sleep, but it's more so sealing hax rather than it being a physical AP feat.

Back