• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Ridiculous, Out of Context Panels and Screenshots ever - Part 11: The Last Jedi

FateAlbane said:
@Huesito Like I said, you might have hated the whole thing before, but it probably was the last thing surfacing in your mind this long after the series conclusion. Sadly, Zach has the power to generate and amplify any ammount of hatred towards anything he allegedly likes ten thousandfold.
Actually I watched the series along with a dozen other series around the time I realized I loved slice of life stuff. Which was like around late June of 2018.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gender

"In Gold and Silver Versions, most species of Pokémon were assigned a gender, male (Japanese: Òé¬Òé╣ male) or female (Japanese: ÒâíÒé╣ female); however, the genders of some species of Pokémon were left unknown (Japanese: õ©ìµÿÄ unknow)."

Given this, I think it's reasonable to assume that Pokemon that aren't male or female are treated as not having a KNOWN gender/sex.

Which, IMHO, can make sense from a research perspective, given several supposedly "genderless" Pokemon reproducing; It's not that all Pokemon that aren't classified as male or female have no gender/sex, it's that it's not known.

Ex: "Starmie isn't male or female, but it still reproduces. We just don't know how, & assume we just don't know which gender(s)/sex(es) it can have."

Given Arceus isn't classified as male or female, I would thus assume it's possible Arceus has gender/sex, we just don't know what the heck kind.

And given that it's kind of a llama as well as what learning of the unspeakable divine can do to the mortal mind, I think I'm comfortable with Arceus's gender/sex remaining unknown to us.

Back