• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat Revisions

Because that's one of the reason why currently everyone scales to each other, Matthew told me that the current scaling is extremely bad, so i'm trying to fix that. MKX Sub-Zero is comparable to MKX Scorpion, who got oneshotted by Shinnok, who needed to trap Raiden rather than fighting him.

Even though you might count as PIS or whatever you wish, here is a list of all those that defeated Goro:

- Liu Kang (During the first and fourth Mortal Kombat)

- Kano, Johnny, Jax and Sonya(?) (Disappeared after said battle and was believed to be dead)

- Noob Saibot (Mortally injured him easily after Goro fought in a literal war)

- Taven (He defeated pretty much everyone except for Sub-Zero and Shujinko, really)

- Kung Lao (Defeats Goro during MK9)

- Cyber Sub-Zero (Defeated Goro AND Kintaro during MK9)

- Kotal Kahn (Bested him during MKX)

Ok. I'd also like to say Reiko became very powerful as a Blood God, but his weakness for blood led him to his demise.

I actually wondered why Reiko was in said "tier", so that explains it a bit. But, what I meant to say is: Ermac, Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Noob Saibot should be Upper Tier. Sub-Zero should get a key for his Acenstor's Armor/Dragon Medallion. Deception is full of information on most of these I mentioned, such as Ermac being a massive powerhouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuI2ti7pfz0, this video contains some canon information for the Original Timeline and some noncanon, but could still help at the scaling. As I said, I suggest using the Original Timeline more.

Also the strength of a character seems to vary from the timeline, so i will research more of these and then slighy revise the tier list. Some endings are non-canon since Elder Gods Champion Scorpion fought on par with Shujinko before he aquired all the powers in order to face Onaga.

I did mention that. Ashra never defeated Noob, as well. Baraka's ending is semi-canon, as he truly didn't die and outplayed Mileena, but never killed her. The strength of a character doesn't seem to vary THAT much from the timeline, even though there are variations (Johnny seems to be much more skilled in the Current Timeline, or he didn't display as much during the Original Timeline. Ermac is generally used as fodder during MK9/X, but still shows immense power, such as besting Jax with waves of his hands).

I don't know if Elder Gods Champion Scorpion is so high up there along with Shujinko as Shujinko doesn't really have many feats in comparison to other characters other than defeating Onaga at the top of his game. He mostly beat random people along his journey and got the Kamidogu, and then learned from characters we know without defeating them, but that might just be my bad memory of the Konquest Mode.

Sub-Zero at his best is actually credited for killing Scorpion during the Armageddon Battle and both are shown fighting evenly, even after both having immense buffs up until that point, but that is for you to decide if can count as a feat or not.

EDIT: Deception possibly clarifies on how Shao Kahn poisoned Onaga to reach power. "Like an echo of their battle ages ago..." is what is mentioned during Shao Kahn's (noncanon) ending. This implies that Kahn poisoned Onaga in battle other than abusing of his role as adviser to defeat Onaga. If this can be used or not, is up for you to decide.

Goro and Kintaro are Mid Tier and Motaro is Upper Tier when all three should be comparable, if not Goro and Kintaro being stronger. Motaro was even defeated by Sheeva, that for some reason you rate as Low Tier. I suggest placing Goro and Kintaro at Upper Tier and Sheeva at Mid Tier and Motaro possibly at Mid Tier as well. Goro was even a match to Kotal Kahn before being defeated.

Kung Lao was shown as being able to defeat Goro in Mortal Kombat 9 and to face Shang Tsung in Deadly Alliance and stand a chance before being killed. He should be able to be Upper Tier.

Sub-Zero and Scorpion are both comparable (one might even say that Sub-Zero while bloodlusted was superior to Scorpion, but Im not the one to go there) and Scorpion did that which KamiYasha mentioned, with Noob being above Sub-Zero AND Scorpion. Sub-Zero also has his own share of feats such as defeating Goro and Kintaro at the same time. Noob has also shown similar feats, like easily injuring Goro into near death status (even though Goro was weakened). They should be AT LEAST Upper Tier, but all things considered (being comparable to Raiden and such) it is quite possible for them to be Top Tier (especially considering Sub-Zero is one of the only fighters never defeated by Taven and that Scorpion went on to defeat Raiden on the MKX Comics, with Noob being their superior)

Ermac was shown to be able to defeat 5 of the "Mid" Tiers at the same time (Jax, Kitana, Johnny, Sonya and Kung Lao), which should be above to earn him a Upper Tier.

Most of the information I mentioned are from the Original Timeline, as I have suggested using it more. There is valuable information for scaling in the timeline before MK9 that would make it easier for scaling the Kombatants.

EDIT: Reiko would be Upper Tier for besting Kotal Kahn who is superior to most Kombatants but inferior to the Top Tiers. That makes sense. However, Blood "God" Reiko doesn't have any feats to compare him to any of the top tiers and shortly after acquiring said power, dies due to losing control over his power (or similar) and killing himself. Even though it is possible for him to be Top Tier, it is unknown how much he grew in power and if he truly is comparable to the likes of Raiden's feat.

Is the original timeline canon or not I don't believe it is well at least bot plot wise but are the abilities they displayed in pass games plot canon?

The original timeline was supposed to happen, but Raiden vision made him alter major events and causing a new timeline. I also upgraded the tier list due to suggestions.

Well he was banished as a Fallen Elder God, but like Onaga and Shao Kahn he still has the unrestricted Planet level key.

I agree his limitations that is shown on the mk wiki aren't really limitations in my opinion it's funny how cage beat shinnok and how liu kang beat shao kahn when logically I don't see how mortals beating gods and God like character no shade towards superman or was there hmmmm lol

Regular Scorpion is equal if not superior in comparison to Regular Sub-Zero. So they should be on the same tier, which is Upper.

Noob Saibot is superior to Ancient Armor Grandmaster Sub-Zero and has bested him in combat regularly. This would make him TOP Tier.

Other than that, everything is quite on point. Sheeva bested all other Shokan during the MKX comic and became their queen, other than that, she has been bested by even the likes of Cyrax. Moloch and Drahmin together defeated Regular Scorpion, but alone they are both quite miserable.

Regular Scorpion`s and Noob Saibot`s placing are still wrong.

Noob Saibot (Original) should be Top Tier. Scorpion (Regular) should be Upper Tier along with Sub-Zero.

Original Bi-Han used Talismans to defeat Shinnok and the others.

I doubt Sub Zero and Scorpion are upper tier minus PIS.

Especially since both are the poster boys of MK and get the most outliers out of the entire cast. Case in point, Scorpion got easily dispatched by an unrestricted Quan Chi and Shinnok in both timelines at seperate occassions. I agree with dark. Both are fine as upper tiers. As for top tiers current timeline...

I guess it is fine considering this timeline, scorpion overpowered Quan Chi.. I think the scaling is fine.

I dont think there is any debate here, can we proceed with the changes or do you want more input? @Dark. My only point of contention is I cant find Blaze on here.. He should likely be top tier and unrestricted god tier like Shinnok, Onaga etc.

I also feel like there is a character missing on here but I forgot.

I checked and MK9, but especially MKX should be not be used since their high quantity of PIS. [Johhny Cage defeating both Scorpion and Sub-Zero comes in mind].

I now understand why Noob in the Original Timeline inst Top Tier, since you have separated Original with Alternate timeline.

Now, I dont understand why "Noob Saibot w/ Dragon Medallion" is a thing since he never used the Dragon Medallion and if you are referring to Mythologies, I've played the heck outta the game, he doesn't use any artifact against Quan Chi and beats him handidly and against Shinnok he kinda steals Shinnok's amulet instantly then Shinnok turns into his true form and Sub-Zero's fight with him is canonically weird since the cutscenes just show Sub-Zero fleeing to a portal so he could've just stolen the amulet and ran back to Earthrealm, and if he did truly beat Shinnok, he had his amulet at the time and was Bi-Han, not Noob Saibot.

Other than that, I think I can agree with the rest of the tiers. Everything seems fine now after what I pointed out.

Also, Blaze at Armageddon was defeated by Shao Kahn (Restricted?), so that is saying something.

I don't count any plot battles from previous mk games since they are now non canon to mk9 and mkx shao kahn winning amageddon is officially well somewhat non canon as raiden had to go back in time to beat shao kahn kung him beating kotal kahn should be non canon but sadly it isn't by the dark649 tremor is God tier right a false God but strong enough to give raiden and fujin a hard time no pun intended

If johnny cage and his daughter can beat shinnok because of the green glow can they also defeat raiden fujin taven daegon and rain?

Bi-Han defeated Quan Chi and Shinnok with the Icons, unless it along with Restricted Shao Kahn defeating Blaze and Kung Jin defeating Kotal Kahn will be PIS. Probably, but this green energy thing mainly worked to slay those like Shinnok.

Dark649 said:
Bi-Han defeated Quan Chi and Shinnok with the Icons, unless it along with Restricted Shao Kahn defeating Blaze and Kung Jin defeating Kotal Kahn will be PIS. Probably, but this green energy thing mainly worked to slay those like Shinnok.
I agree with everything but technically subzero never beat shinnok just stole his amulet and ran but that itself is a feat and its also pis

Yeah, don't even get me started on Sonya vs Raiden or Cyber Sub-Zero vs Goro & Kintaro from MK9.

So let me get this straight kung lao beats quan chi and shang tsung at the same jax daughter beats ermac etc etc lol

Raiden one shots liu kang yet liu kang beats shao kahn twice wait wait wait jax beats revenant liu kang ok so jax is the strongest wait no he gets beat by ermac something not right pis

P.s.......pis lol

The worst plot armor in history is when lost to shao kahn i know shao kahn is top dog him shinnok and onaga but come on blaze had the power to absorb existence according to mk wiki

Back