• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat Revision

Matthew Schroeder said:
You don't. All evidence and feats outside of One Being points at the characters being Planetary. And the One Being feat was done as a group.
Except i gave proof of realms being universes, and people like Shao Kahn are able to merge them. You say it doesnt count because its from a noncanon game, but the only proof you have of realms referring to just the globes comes from a game thats also noncanon.

Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub-Zero was canon until the MK9 Retcon.

@HomestuckLover1

You are sounding just like the Asura's Wrath wanker I had to deal with recently.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I doubt about that, in Mortal Kombat 9 when Scorpion kills Sub-Zero, Raiden remarks that his death is a great loss because he fought with Quan Chi and Shinnok forces.

Matthew Schroeder said:

@HomestuckLover1

You are sounding just like the Asura's Wrath wanker I had to deal with recently.
You toss insults, but still dont address my argument?

I always question this no sane person would look d26b89b11bcb2d64189cd54abf2f4836

Yes, because Mythologies is before MK1/MK9 in the storyline. Raiden visions happened right at the start of the first Mortal Kombat. Sareena lines about Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat X is a further confirmation.

If there is no feats or statements that describes the realms as universe in size then the safest thing is to assume that they are planet size until we get actual canon proof.

About the only thing i got so far, is that the Netherrealm is considered to be of infinite size, being based off Hell.

I got it off the MK Wikia. Now i know that's not enough, so does anyone know of a search engine more precise than Google, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, etc...

Also to back this up, bios like this (still need to find that Quan Chi one the wikia talked about) seem to more or less indicate that it is based off the Christian Hell and/or Dante's Inferno.

Apologies, i do tend to be just a wee bit prideful and determined in debates. Now if the downgrades must be done now, i won't oppose, but this is very much open to discussion still.

I agree with the downgrade to 5B. And here's why

[[1]]

As it states... a dimension occupied by a "single" world!

Further proof that Earthrealm is really only a term for just the planet Earth! Lets look a old school Mortal Kombat 3.

[[2]]

[[3]]

[[4]]

[[5]]

- So as you can see, Raiden states defending the "Earth"

- Shao Khan merges Outworld with only the Earth...not the rest of the Universe

- Further proof it states he strips Earth of all humans souls barring her champions... not the souls of the entire Universe

- Shao Khan sends Motato and his Assassin Sqaud across a Outworld/Earth fused "planet" to hunt the remaning humans.

This is all canon. So... yeah 5B Top Tier MK Kombants!

Hope this help clear up things.

Well, i found something in a Comicvine thread that supports my claim of the Netherrealm being infinite (namely, Sub Zero saying something about it) but all i have right now are 3 links saying the same thing.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Netherrealm

http://evil.wikia.com/wiki/Netherrealm

http://moa.omnimulti.com/Netherrealm_(Mortal_Kombat)

Does anyone know of any good websites for Mortal Kombat dialog soundbites? (And kharacter bios) I'd rather not sit through an entire playthrough of Deception....

Wikias are not reliable information, not entirely.

It seems far more reliable to rank them at Planetary.

I also think that planet level seems more reliable.

Yeah i got nothing. I agree with the downgrade, but keep the thread open just incase i magically find anything.

Back