• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More justification for Luffy’s Heat Resistance

In Chapter 1046 and 1047, G5 Luffy is shown capable of grabbing literal bolts of lightning from the sky and use them as a weapon without being affected by the heat of it produces.

Would this counts as a good enough justification for Luffy’s Heat Manipulation

He also touched Kaidou in his flaming drum dragon form, with his bare hand, and only blew on his hand like he accidentally touched the stove. Said form of Kaidou's allowed him to vaporize the horn of the skull on Onigashima.

He's not a conductor so the heat wouldn't get through to begin with.
He also touched Kaidou in his flaming drum dragon form, with his bare hand, and only blew on his hand like he accidentally touched the stove. Said form of Kaidou's allowed him to vaporize the horn of the skull on Onigashima.
This I do agree with. Flaming dragon instantly vaporized Onigashima's horn, the fact that Luffy had his hand there for even a second and it didn't melt off is grounds for resistance.

Nah leave it out, the heat wouldn't even travel to his body since he's rubber, you can say the flaming dragon part as justification, so I'm fine with it

Wouldn't the fact the heat cannot even travel into his body be justification of Resistance?
Nah, it just counts as resistance to electricity.

Heat from electricity won't travel, heat from anything else will

Or does electricity regularly radiate heat?

Nah leave it out, the heat wouldn't even travel to his body since he's rubber, you can say the flaming dragon part as justification, so I'm fine with it
I mean, doesn’t lightning heat up the air it passes through to high degree, so Luffy being in close proximity as he caught one mid-flight doesn’t count?

I mean, doesn’t lightning heat up the air it passes through to high degree, so Luffy being in close proximity as he caught one mid-flight doesn’t count?
Debatable, can't say I'm an expert at this especially, maybe it could work

It can heat up the air it passes through, but not the air around it I don't think. The temperatures still require a conducting target to pass through via the discharge, so Luffy having heat resistance directly from lightning is probably not valid

It can heat up the air it passes through, but not the air around it I don't think. The temperatures still require a conducting target to pass through via the discharge, so Luffy having heat resistance directly from lightning is probably not valid
Them this means luffy can get heat resistance from enel lightning

Back