• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Danny Phantom Ghost Resistances

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Her we go again. Everytime I rewatch episodes of Danny Phantom I find new things. Anyway let's get to it.

Resistances
Ghosts should have Resistance to Poison Manipulation and Disease Manipulation. In Season 2 Episode 2 called "Doctors Disorders" Penelope Spectra releases a ghost bug that splits into dozens of smaller bugs that bit and enter the bodies of most the students at the school making them sick and as a side effect gives them ghost abilities with Danny stating to one of the kids: "That bug bit gave you ghost powers"

These bugs completely ignored Danny while he was in his human form. Now when Tucker holds one in his hand Danny states: "I figured it was my ghost powers protecting me". Now since the bugs didn't even bother to bit him it's likely they new they couldn't make him sick.

Note: This isn't resistance to Possession as Ghosts can possess each other, Poindexter possessed Danny and the possession in Danny Phantom is not based off strength so it's not that they were to weak. Plus they actual bit you, turn intangible and then enter your body.

Now on to Poison Manipulation. Later in the same episode, Spectra's assistant enters the room with Danny in his ghost form, and an infected Sam. He releases toxic gas that in seconds knocks out Sam, however Danny resisted it's effects for a while and even states: What... Gas effecting me?. Then Penelope's assistant says: "Of course child. You didn't think this was an ordinary hospital"

This means Danny and by extension full ghosts get resistance to toxic gas as it didn't instantly effect Danny and he was surprised it was even working. Clearly it was specially made for ghosts.

Thoughts?.

The OP was right, here we go again. But agreed, this looks plausibly enough.

A little side note, since when has Danny ever been hit by the "Sleeeeeeep" gas to be like, "Gas, on me... you're funny... wait, uh oh (blacks out). Butch Hartman haxed Danny Phantom without knowing it & before haxing was a thing.

Well Danny has been doing his thing for 6 months before the start of the series so I guess some random ghost attempted to gas him.

It's funny how the shows main excuse is Danny's ghost powers.

Back