• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MonsterVerse's Kong should have Extrasensory Perception!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credits to @Dark-Carioca for the information recopilation

From the original post:

So i learned some new stuff today about kong's sensing abilties. A lot of people think only mothra or godzilla has a sort of "sensing" ability, but Kong has a damn good one too.

r/kingkong - Some stuff about Kong's Titan sensing abilties and his outpost.
this one pretty much confirms kong was able to sense godzilla coming for him way before the humans caught on (aside from jia.) this also confirms he was sensing godzilla earlier on in skull island and sent out threat displays to him at points as well. this is actually confimed in another page.

here kong notices godzilla before he even hit florida to reak some havoc and senses his prescence. this page also confirms he could've gottenout at any time he wanted, as he had already seemingly known that the dome had ended and that wall could be broken down, but he didn't leave regardless. he could've destroyed the walls easily if he wanted.

so, how far away is skull island from pensacola anyway?

we know that hawaii is somewhat close to skull island from this picture.

Hawaii is around 4,273 miles away from florida. so Skull island is pretty close to that. Kong made a obvious threat display when godzilal attacked, or atleast its very much insinuated.

Kong could've busted his way out anytime he wanted but he chose to stay because of jia. what would happen if jia died is a scary thought. Hell, nathan pretty much says he would've torn apart and killed everyone on the cargo ship for chaining his ass then and there if not for jia existing.

Monke would be destroying the entire ships despite being chained and sedated if not for jia.

So basically all titans seem to have a heightened awarness and sensory ability. And alphas have one better then others (Kong, Mothra, and Godzilla.)

--------

Rock Critter

Will get an upgrade based ont a GPE calc of mine to Small Building level+

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...fferent_Kaiju_KE_-_Godzillaverse#Rock_Critter

Godzilla

Base GvK Godzilla was confirmed to be stronger than King Ghidorah, which means Godzilla got stronger after fusing with Mothra, even without be in his Meltdown form.

----------------

Not MV related but since this is a Godzilla thread I wanna propose upgrade Godzilla 2000 and Orga based on this accepted calc of mine

New better calc about Final Wars Godzilla

Thoughts?

Last edited:
GvK Godzilla being above Ghidorah is highly contradictory.
Is it? I mean it kinda makes sense with what we see in GvK, Godzilla is at his absolute strongest and can spam beams of energy far more frequently than ever before, he just doesn't have his Meltdown aura. There's no reason for Mothra's power to leave him and for him to not keep it. I think that was the general idea when making that movie.

I certainly believed it when I watched the movie.

GvK Godzilla being above Ghidorah is highly contradictory.
Nice agrument
Credits to @Dark-Carioca for the information recopilation

From the original post:

So i learned some new stuff today about kong's sensing abilties. A lot of people think only mothra or godzilla has a sort of "sensing" ability, but Kong has a damn good one too.

r/kingkong - Some stuff about Kong's Titan sensing abilties and his outpost.'s Titan sensing abilties and his outpost.
this one pretty much confirms kong was able to sense godzilla coming for him way before the humans caught on (aside from jia.) this also confirms he was sensing godzilla earlier on in skull island and sent out threat displays to him at points as well. this is actually confimed in another page.

r/kingkong - Some stuff about Kong's Titan sensing abilties and his outpost.'s Titan sensing abilties and his outpost.
here kong notices godzilla before he even hit florida to reak some havoc and senses his prescence. this page also confirms he could've gottenout at any time he wanted, as he had already seemingly known that the dome had ended and that wall could be broken down, but he didn't leave regardless. he could've destroyed the walls easily if he wanted.

so, how far away is skull island from pensacola anyway?

we know that hawaii is somewhat close to skull island from this picture.

Hawaii is around 4,273 miles away from florida. so Skull island is pretty close to that. Kong made a obvious threat display when godzilal attacked, or atleast its very much insinuated.

Kong could've busted his way out anytime he wanted but he chose to stay because of jia. what would happen if jia died is a scary thought. Hell, nathan pretty much says he would've torn apart and killed everyone on the cargo ship for chaining his ass then and there if not for jia existing.

Monke would be destroying the entire ships despite being chained and sedated if not for jia.

So basically all titans seem to have a heightened awarness and sensory ability. And alphas have one better then others (Kong, Mothra, and Godzilla.)

--------

Rock Critter

Will get an upgrade based ont a GPE calc of mine to Small Building level+

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...fferent_Kaiju_KE_-_Godzillaverse#Rock_Critter

Godzilla

Base GvK Godzilla was confirmed to be stronger than King Ghidorah, which means Godzilla got stronger after fusing with Mothra, even without be in his Meltdown form.

Thoughts?

I agree

Certainly Godzilla adquired new powers after the fusion with Mothra, like the planetary scale extrasensory perception, something that was confirmed in Godzilla Dominion.

So I don't see how being stronger than before in his base is a contradiction lol

Certainly Godzilla adquired new powers after the fusion with Mothra, like the planetary scale extrasensory perception, something that was confirmed in Godzilla Dominion.

So I don't see how being stronger than before in his base is a contradiction lol
just ignore the ghidorah dick riders

Is it? I mean it kinda makes sense with what we see in GvK, Godzilla is at his absolute strongest and can spam beams of energy far more frequently than ever before, he just doesn't have his Meltdown aura. There's no reason for Mothra's power to leave him and for him to not keep it. I think that was the general idea when making that movie.

Godzilla is definitely not at his strongest in GvK, instead close to his full strength, there is absolutely no base for him to be above his KotM self and him spamming beams of energy doesn't mean too much as his energy was getting drained to the point that he only had 50% of his power (less taking account Wingard's statements) and that was just Godzilla playing around as confirmed by Adam before. Mothra only gave him the ability to become Burning Godzilla and the ESP boost.

It's just nonsense to think that a Godzilla who had just rested for 2 or 3 years since Dominion events where he was massively weakened, tired and almost dying and had only choosed his current home with a low amount of radiation to absorb compared to his KotM because he had ZERO choices is above a Godzilla who rested in a better home, with more time and with a better amount of radiation to absorb. Also pretty sure that Wingard had stated before that he wasn't at his strongest.

He did, and yet in a home far worse than his previous in KotM. Godzilla also rested for more time from 2014 to 2019.

Godzilla fought Prime in 2014, in the end of the comicbook we see him going to the sea to rest and heal his injuries. He then only returns in 2019, stronger than before.

Also pretty sure that Wingard had stated before that he wasn't at his strongest.
Wingard says a lot of things that are either weird, inconsistent or not shown clearly in the film, so his word is normally taken with a grain of salt. One off statements by writers or designers that don't contradict each other, I can buy more easily, and when one compares Godzilla in KOTM and in GvK, he seems like a far bigger and stronger threat in the latter.

So Adam Wingard's word on GvK Godzilla being weaker than KotM Godzilla (which was stated multiple times) is not valid but the word of Mechagodzilla's designer (which words aren't mean to be taken for the final product) which did contradicted himself before saying Mechagodzilla cannot support large amounts of energy yet he states he would be more powerful with the non-synthesized HE energy, is valid?

I can buy more easily, and when one compares Godzilla in KOTM and in GvK, he seems like a far bigger and stronger threat in the latter.
So you're basically eyeballing, because there is literally nothing to support that GvK Godzilla is above KotM Godzilla that it is not contradictory.

I mean it's not really eyeballing if he seems stronger there. The power of kaiju tends to be represented visually, and Godzilla definitely appears to be stronger, and it makes sense after Mothra gave him her energy, which would be weird if it faded, since it's a reference to Rodan's sacrifice in the Heisei series, a power-up that Godzilla kept in that continuity.

I've already commented on Wingard's statements, and I've definitely never seen him claim Godzilla wasn't stronger in GvK than in KOTM, or at least stronger than Ghidorah like that MG designer.

I mean it's not really eyeballing if he seems stronger there.
That is literally eyeballing my dude, you're saying that he is stronger because he SEEMS stronger, when there is nothing to support that it is not contradictory.

The power of kaiju tends to be represented visually, and Godzilla definitely appears to be stronger, and it makes sense after Mothra gave him her energy, which would be weird if it faded, since it's a reference to Rodan's sacrifice in the Heisei series, a power-up that Godzilla kept in that continuity.
Wingard NEVER confirmed "brighter = stronger", I don't see where you get this information from. And again, Mothra's energy just gave him the power to transform into Burning Godzilla, the ESP boost and for not DYING in Godzilla Dominion as it is verbatim said in the comic that Mothra's life force is the only thing that makes him alive on that moment. Being a reference or not is pretty irrelevant since it is never implied to be a permanent power boost that makes his GvK self being forever stronger than his KotM self (both pre and post nuke).

I've already commented on Wingard's statements, and I've definitely never seen him claim Godzilla wasn't stronger in GvK than in KOTM, or at least stronger than Ghidorah like that MG designer.
I remember Adam stating, so I'll be getting it. But the narrative itself confirms it, a Post-Boston Godzilla that was starving to death and had only 2 years to rest in a home far worse than his previous. KotM Godzilla grew stronger because he had 5 years to rest and absorb more radiation so he could heal his wounds and get stronger than before. Also even statwise, in guides they state that GvK Godzilla can swing his tail at 89 mph maximum while a weakened 2014 Godzilla can swing his tail in at least supersonic speeds, There is nothing in the lore that says he got stronger after KotM (Dominion kinda debunks all of that shit).

If I recall Wingard has given conflicting answers... like the times he was asked if MG would have killed Godzilla with the kiss of death, sometimes saying yes and others no.

Even when in the film is pretty clear MG was really gonna kill Godzilla with that technique.

For the OP, ESP for Kong and 9-A+ Rock Critter is fine. Disagree with GvK Godzilla >> Ghidorah since Jared had only worked in Mechagodzilla's Concept Art in 2018.

If I recall Wingard has given conflicting answers... like the times he was asked if MG would have killed Godzilla with the kiss of death, sometimes saying yes and others no.

Even when in the film is pretty clear MG was really gonna kill Godzilla with that technique.
So did Jared. Also Wingard mentions that he couldn't say for sure it would, it depends on if Godzilla’s organs are as durable as his exterior.

Base GvK stronger than KoTM????

My friend at High Flyers Tag Team asked Greg Keyes, the writer of BOTH novels as well as Godzilla Dominion, says GvK Godzilla was ALMOST at full power which 2019 was at. 2019>2021. No question. "The visuals!!!!!" is not an argument especially when every other thing that happens in the movie is WORSE than KoTM feats. Missiles vs, Mechagodzilla slicing buildings vs Rodan and Ghidorah blowing up cities, etc. Godzilla in GvK drilled a hole into Hollow Earth and was WEAKENED. Ghidorah caused mass extinction across the whole planet and laughed.

MechaGodzilla's concept art designer has no credit in the final product and says nothing definitive. All he says is "Oh wow I think he's strong!"
Also stronger than Ghidorah is contradicted by Godzilla going berserk to find any chunk of Ghidorah left
Not to mention KoTM Godzilla could've killed Ghidorah too

A lot of debatable statements with very cheeky comments but sure, I'll ignore those...

Either way it's up to mods to decide this, but I don't think any of them are against the Rock Critters and Kong stuff.

It’s kind of like HeiseiGoji (Base 2) getting stronger with each film.

Where is the information about Kong's senses from (the one with the highlighted words)

For the calcs, if they are accepted then I don't have an issue. I don't have much of an opinion on Godzilla (GvK) being superior to Godzilla (KotM) since I didn't watch the other movie.

Where is the information about Kong's senses from (the one with the highlighted words)

For the calcs, if they are accepted then I don't have an issue. I don't have much of an opinion on Godzilla (GvK) being superior to Godzilla (KotM) since I didn't watch the other movie.
I found it here

At the top of the first link, it says that's the movie novelization? If we accept that as Canon then i guess it's fine.

Where does it says that the Millennian UFO moves at 90% the speed of light? I translated the text and I haven't found that.

Where does it says that the Millennian UFO moves at 90% the speed of light? I translated the text and I haven't found that.
A Japanese friend of mine translated it and while it isn't specified in the scan, but the definition he found for 亜光速 was "亜光速は光に次ぐ速度と言う意味で光速の約90%ほど · 亜光速は秒速27万kmほど" which is "Sub-light speed means speed right next to the speed of light, and about 90% the speed of light・sub-light speed is around 270000000 m/s" Relativistic+ speed

A Japanese friend of mine translated it and while it isn't specified in the scan, but the definition he found for 亜光速 was "亜光速は光に次ぐ速度と言う意味で光速の約90%ほど · 亜光速は秒速27万kmほど" which is "Sub-light speed means speed right next to the speed of light, and about 90% the speed of light・sub-light speed is around 270000000 m/s" Relativistic+ speed
If it is that so, I totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back