• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monsterverse Upgrade

I've been fighting against some revisions I've seen around cause I found them to be sus. It's time that I try n buff up our favorite lizard.

So one thing people seem to not notice is that Evolved Godzilla's energy capacity didn't increase, the energy capacity of his dorsal plates increased.
Idk how y'all didn't notice it.
latest

This means that the energy he stores in them is 20x larger than usual, not the energy he stores within his body, but within his dorsal plates, which he specifically charges up fully to fire a beam, something that has been a staple part of Godzilla like forever.

I'd also like to say that Godzilla generates his own radiation and energy and just to support this further we have the fact that he could fire his beam at full power for a long time while putting a hole into hollow earth

Now the thing is, this is accepted already on his page, but I think it is applied in a weird in wrong way. Why? Well, Shimo literally tanks that sНit.

So Godzilla's beam can hurt Shimo but can't knock it out or kill it, meaning that it scales. This means that anyone currently scaling from Evolved Godzilla gets an upgrade to 6-A.

Now what about the 2x statement currently on the page? I think that a chinese tweet mentioning his power in the same sentence they talk about barbie pink is not as reliable as statements from the movie itself.

One issue I find is the consistency in scale. Kong hasn't changed much beyond getting a gauntlet and yet he fights Godzilla 1 on 1 and hurts him heavily, even though people feared that Kong wouldn't survive against Godzilla prior to his evolution.
This definitely is an issue but we already know that movies are often inconsistent with their own statements and showings (insert spider man kicking thanos here) but even then, I don't know if we can just ignore a blatant statement of this sort.

What are my proposals then?
I think the ideal scaling right now would be "At least High 6-B, possibly 6-A"
Why am I removing the fact that the spiral ray is blatantly considered 6-A right now? Because we either have no 20x multiplier since the beam scales to the kaiju or we fully accept it as it is. That is all.

If it means anything for the Kong example, the novelization for New Empire states that Kong got a permanent amp from the gauntlet and got stronger, which is why he was able to duke it out with Godzilla's Evolved state for a bit. I'd share the scan with you but it was part of a Discord link and it's no longer accessible so I can't get it, though I think Apex has the scan still.

Regardless I think until then, I'm supportive of a possibly 6-A tier.

I've been fighting against some revisions I've seen around cause I found them to be sus. It's time that I try n buff up our favorite lizard.

So one thing people seem to not notice is that Evolved Godzilla's energy capacity didn't increase, the energy capacity of his dorsal plates increased.
Idk how y'all didn't notice it.
latest
Tbh, the "Capacity" thing might be the max storage.
One issue I find is the consistency in scale. Kong hasn't changed much beyond getting a gauntlet and yet he fights Godzilla 1 on 1 and hurts him heavily, even though people feared that Kong wouldn't survive against Godzilla prior to his evolution.
Kong seems to have gotten stronger overall. I mean, for one, years had passed. They thought Kong wouldn't survive, but that doesn't mean he would get stomped, they were most likely even, or Kong could have been stronger, all things considered. Although, Skar King is able to take hits from Kong, and he isn't exactly getting wiped in 1v1s against either, even if he is significantly weaker. They're not portrayed in a way that suggests them to be drastically superior to their previous forms.
What are my proposals then?
Why am I removing the fact that the spiral ray is blatantly considered 6-A right now? Because we either have no 20x multiplier since the beam scales to the kaiju or we fully accept it as it is. That is all.
I'm not against a possibly rating.

Tbh, the "Capacity" thing might be the max storage.
You ignored the part where I explained exactly why I don't agree with that. His dorsal plates are charged up with energy and then he shoots. They fill up with energy until they glow very bright. This means he charges them up fully and then shoots.

Nvm I see the difference. Problem is, I don't see how this makes this any different.
The 20x capacity is for the dorsal plates. During the spiral ray he made his entire body glow like his supercharged state which, as we know, releases energy from the entirety of his body.
So basically
20x dorsal plate = normal non supercharged atomic breaths
20x dorsal plates + energy from the entire body = spiral heat ray

Yeah I think it's dumb that we don't assume Godzilla physically scales to the 20x amp considering powering up is all he does in the movie.

Also Kong even with the glove still actively avoids getting hit by Godzilla's atomic breath while Shimo, who has way better feats (global ice age and freezing Ghidorah), tanks it.

I think Kong should remain 6-B but be 6-A with the glove.

If we're not gonna use the 2x multiplier than High 6-B shouldn't be there. Full on 6-A is fine.

The only problem is where Skar King scales. Because Skar King is shown to be comparable to base Kong, if not arguably a bit weaker, and isn't even defeated by a much younger Godzilla in the past. But he's still somewhat able to contend against kong with the glove. Despite that, he's still visibly weaker than both Glove amped Kong and Evolved Godzilla.

I feel Skar King probably shouldn't scale to 6-A with how consistently he gets his ass whooped by Evolved goji level guys.

Without Shimo he would have jobbed to Kong the first time. I think scaling him to 6-B by himself should be fine.

Without Shimo and the whip he consistently jobs to Kong. We see that with the glove Kong can punch out one of Skar's teeth while the latter has absolutely no feats even close to that by himself.

Ok cool. Outside of that, I don't think there's that much problems. Skar King remains 6-B while Evolved Goji, Glove amped Kong, Mothra and Shimo become 6-A.

Should we count stunning as a valid reason to scale to AP? I don't think we should considering Doug was able to struggle with Kong for a bit and random jobber apes were rocking Kong around. I don't feel Mothra should scale to either Kong or G-man for the same reasons Skar King shouldn't. Her knocking Godzilla down should just be a strength feat and not a valid reason to scale, or at least not fully.

Should we count stunning as a valid reason to scale to AP? I don't think we should considering Doug was able to struggle with Kong for a bit and random jobber apes were rocking Kong around. I don't feel Mothra should scale to either Kong or G-man for the same reasons Skar King shouldn't. Her knocking Godzilla down should just be a strength feat and not a valid reason to scale, or at least not fully.
A strength feat is an AP feat tho?

Also Kong even with the glove still actively avoids getting hit by Godzilla's atomic breath while Shimo, who has way better feats (global ice age and freezing Ghidorah), tanks it.
Kong beat up Godzilla for a while and knocked him down. I think Kong should scale to 6-A. He avoids the beam in GvK as well. I think it is just his lack of resistance to heat and cold, kinda how scar king throws one of the kongs into lava and kills them off despite them clashing with kong for a bit prior.

Kong beat up Godzilla for a while and knocked him down. I think Kong should scale to 6-A. He avoids the beam in GvK as well. I think it is just his lack of resistance to heat and cold, kinda how scar king throws one of the kongs into lava and kills them off despite them clashing with kong for a bit prior.
I don't think any of the other apes should remotely scale to Kong.

I don't think any of the other apes should remotely scale to Kong.
They should downscale heavily. They're fodder, sure, but this ain't a videogame. If they didn't remotely scale to Kong then Kong had no reason to run away from them when his arm was hurt. Instead, he clearly knew that with their weapons and numbers he wouldn't win so he resorted to tricks.

They should downscale heavily. They're fodder, sure, but this ain't a videogame. If they didn't remotely scale to Kong then Kong had no reason to run away from them when his arm was hurt. Instead, he clearly knew that with their weapons and numbers he wouldn't win so he resorted to tricks.
Action economy 🥱

Agreed. And yeah, Skar King should get jus ta weaker, maybe not even "at most", since he only won the fights because of either his whip or agility, because Kong was winning against him in raw strength.

So uh there's a bit of an issue...

IMG_4912.png

Didn't know that was a thing...this kinda means that he always holds energy in his plates so indeed it is his energy reserves that get the 20x increase...

Basically unless we get a statement that his energy output got proportionally increased we don't get an upgrade

Sorry boys, we're not getting any revisions.

Looks good to me.
Without Shimo he would have jobbed to Kong the first time. I think scaling him to 6-B by himself should be fine.

Without Shimo and the whip he consistently jobs to Kong. We see that with the glove Kong can punch out one of Skar's teeth while the latter has absolutely no feats even close to that by himself.
The problem is that base Kong fights and gets the upperhand on Skar King.
What do y'all think?

Back